+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

steeles

May 7, 2014
I submit my application in Oct.2012. (Already 23 months passed..)

Does anyone here got RQ before the test?
If you got RQ before the test, and waiting for the Oath,
As CIC call agent response, After the test, Does it really take 1 year or 2 years to get just letter of Oath
to make it 36 months average overall time for non-rountine processing time???
I know Pre-test RQ is faster than Post-test RQ, and I know Vancouver office is relatively speeding up these days.
Please give me a shout!!!

I took a test one week later than Pie, I would like to think in positive way since I don't have
any criminal records, credit problems, debt etc...
And 5 weeks after I submit my RQ, I got an invitation letter for the test. (I was really surprised at the time)

jjr20

Jun 21, 2014
Okanagan Valley
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pie_vancouver said:
Updated today from ECAS: :)

Finally! :)

We sent you a notice on September 15, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 14, 2014 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Congrats :) No update for me yet - will keep on waiting! Was hoping to get it before it enters too much of a 'holiday' season at work (who am I kidding..we already are putting up Christmas lights! :( ), hubby and I both work retail and its hard to get days off in the 'holiday season' especially if we are going to be in Vancouver...hoping they put another ceremony in Kelowna.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks guys :)

hopefully you will have your oath too in October!

VancouverGal

Sep 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pie_vancouver said:
Thanks guys :) 11.33 months from start to finish

I checked ecas yesterday afternoon no update, maybe they update it at 12midnite??

I called last week, the guy was nice unlike the lady I talked before that told me it's not even 1 year yet! and 2yrs ave. processing blah blah :p
The guy said I was approved just waiting for the schedule of the oath.

VancouverGal, can you pls put your timeline in our spreadsheet
click Vancouver Applicants on my signature :D

v v v
Hi Pie, I submitted my timeline in the spreadsheet but how do you guys put your timeline in a signature?

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Vancouvergal, click profile > forum profile information > signature

jjr20

Jun 21, 2014
Okanagan Valley
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pie_vancouver said:

Vancouvergal, click profile > forum profile information > signature

I have always wondered this also. I am very tech. savy and still don't see the option to do it. Can't upload screenshot to here either it seems..just too new to posting?

VancouverGal

Sep 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jjr20 said:
I have always wondered this also. I am very tech. savy and still don't see the option to do it. Can't upload screenshot to here either it seems..just too new to posting?
@jjr20 the steps Pie listed should work...worked for me :)

jjr20

Jun 21, 2014
Okanagan Valley
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VancouverGal said:
@ jjr20 the steps Pie listed should work...worked for me :)
I've looked it up before in the help section too..it shows all these options on the left hand side by 'Modify Profile' but all I have under that is one line: Account Related Settings ..which isn't what I need/want.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
jjr20, you have to post more, I think it will show up when you are not a newbie anymore lol ;D

blestcheche

Feb 17, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys

I got my notice to appear to the citizenship test today. Kinda weird though. My file was actually sent to Calgary and my test is on Oct. 2nd and if I pass the test my OATH will be on the SAME DAY (Oct. 2nd).

any one have the same situation?

Also, I don't have my landing papers/confirmation of permanent residence.. what should i do?

cit_izen

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
hey..did you move from VanCity to Calgary?

I did that too, and told the citizenship officer at the time of interview..she suggested I stay put in surrey as they are processing faster and that transferring file will take longer...do you mind sharing when did you transfer your file?

Regards