+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

VancouverGal

Sep 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got questioned a lot about my travels during 4 years period as i have tons and i dont have much days buffer. But like what I've emphasized before. Saturating your documents or proofs would help. There is nothing wrong with providing so many proof. It would be better in the long run rather than providing less. So I brought crazy lot of things. Like plane e-tickets, credit card statements, NOA, Pay stubs even Treo pass bill. LOL. You would know right away after your interview if he/she, the officer has approved your file initially. They usually will say they are convinced with your declaration and wont ask any further and will put check marks on the dates on your Residence calculator.

Thank you, Vanvanvan :) I hope I'll be fine, the lady at the interview didn't say anything about my application being approved and gave me generic 6 months - 1 year for Oath Ceremony :(

VancouverGal

Sep 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charmed10-2013, does your status change from "in progress" to "approved" when you receive your Oath Ceremony invite or before that?? :)
hope some of you guys got good news!!! ;)

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
VancouverGal said:
I got questioned a lot about my travels during 4 years period as i have tons and i dont have much days buffer. But like what I've emphasized before. Saturating your documents or proofs would help. There is nothing wrong with providing so many proof. It would be better in the long run rather than providing less. So I brought crazy lot of things. Like plane e-tickets, credit card statements, NOA, Pay stubs even Treo pass bill. LOL. You would know right away after your interview if he/she, the officer has approved your file initially. They usually will say they are convinced with your declaration and wont ask any further and will put check marks on the dates on your Residence calculator.

Thank you, Vanvanvan :) I hope I'll be fine, the lady at the interview didn't say anything about my application being approved and gave me generic 6 months - 1 year for Oath Ceremony :(
Do not worry much about the messages you get from the call centre. They, at many times, give contradicting messages to each other. I was told that my application still has long time to go, and I was scheduled for the test next day! I was also that I am not scheduled for oath, and I found out that I was! So do not worry much about their messages!

All the best and good luck.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
steeles said:
By the way, My PR card expires on Dec.8 this year.
I feel I do not need to renew my PR card since I already took a test and waiting for the Oath.
What happen if I do not renew PR card? Does anyone know?
I believe that you will be a Canadian citizen before your pr card expires. :)

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
My family and I have taken our oath yesterday. The experience was rich and "emotional".

The staff who was checking the documents did not ask me for any ID, although the staff who was just sitting beside her was asking another applicant for her photo ID at the same time! She also did not really check the COPR for the family members. She just looked at mine.

All the best to all of you and I hope you all become proud Canadian citizens soon :)

steeles

May 7, 2014
VancouverGal said:
Thank you everyone! :D Pie, Vanvanvan and Steeles did you get a lot of questions asked by the immigration office at your interview? They questioned me a lot because I used to have another passport which I had to give in to get a new one back in 2010...I'm afraid this questioning might affect my application and defer their decision :'( did anyone have same experience?
Hi, my interview was about 15 minutes and asked few questions about what I do and asked few questions about my passport. (I had 3 passports which are 1 year, 1 year, 5 years) and the officer
wondering about why I have 3 passports. Then I explained clearly. and also aked about any criminal records.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct13 said:
My family and I have taken our oath yesterday. The experience was rich and "emotional".

The staff who was checking the documents did not ask me for any ID, although the staff who was just sitting beside her was asking another applicant for her photo ID at the same time! She also did not really check the COPR for the family members. She just looked at mine.

All the best to all of you and I hope you all become proud Canadian citizens soon :)
Congrats oct13, you applied couple of days ahead of me but I had my test couple of days ahead of you
you had your Oath already and I am still waiting for mine... :-X :-X

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct13 said:

Congrats! :)

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VancouverGal said:
charmed10-2013, does your status change from "in progress" to "approved" when you receive your Oath Ceremony invite or before that?? :)
hope some of you guys got good news!!! ;)
It just showed, No. 5) Oath notice, when the letter was sent and the schedule of oath

It disappeared totally from Ecas after Oath. After I submitted application for passport. No file exists for me on Ecas :)

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
pie_vancouver said:
Congrats oct13, you applied couple of days ahead of me but I had my test couple of days ahead of you
you had your Oath already and I am still waiting for mine... :-X :-X
I am sure yours will come soon. All the best :)

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
I was surprised to know that the COPR is not taken from the applicant at the ceremony. Instead it has to be kept with you until your pension time!!

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct13 said:
I was surprised to know that the COPR is not taken from the applicant at the ceremony. Instead it has to be kept with you until your pension time!!
That's what I have been told too. My ID's were never asked too. Even passport, they didn't even bother to look at. :)

3 days and you are ready for your passport :)

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
charmed10-2013 said:
That's what I have been told too. My ID's were never asked too. Even passport, they didn't even bother to look at. :)

3 days and you are ready for your passport :)

She also has not asked me for the passport. I am planning to apply for the passport on Friday.

jjr20

Jun 21, 2014
Okanagan Valley
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pie_vancouver said:
I'm not the only one from June waiting for the oath lol!!
I am still waiting too. Took mine on June 18th in Vancouver. How do I tell what my local office is? I live in Penticton so not sure if it would be Vancouver or not. No update for me at all online and I called a few weeks ago with no update.

I should also mention that I didn't have a hard application/interview after test/etc...everything has been extremely easy and moving fast til now.