+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
maple64 said:
Hello fellow Juners!
I wrote my citizenship test this morning in Vancouver and passed it! The interview went well too. It was really quick, it was not even five minutes, I think. The officer asked for my PR card and had me sign on the first page of the test invitation. She then asked for my other ID's and passports which she compared to the photocopies that I submitted with my application. She compared the dates on my residence calculator and those of the stamps on my passport. She asked if I still live in the address on file and if I still work full time. She asked about my two sons who are included in my application, if they are still in school, etc. and that's it. She said, "Okay, you're done. They will send you a notice for the ceremony". I couldn't believe it was over. It went so fast. I didn't even have to take out other documents that I had in my bag.
I just hope the oath taking ceremony invitation comes earlier than the 3-5 months that she told me.
Thanks for the update and congratulations on passing the test. Your write up is helpful.

Is the test on paper or computer?

Ray

leflex

Jan 9, 2015
raymasa said:
Thanks for the update and congratulations on passing the test. Your write up is helpful.

Ray
Hi Ray,

It's a paper test and it's way easier than the sample tests you can find online. They are good practice though, because thanks to them you'll get a 20/20 when the time comes.

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
leflex said:
Hi Ray,

It's a paper test and it's way easier than the sample tests you can find online. They are good practice though, because thanks to them you'll get a 20/20 when the time comes.
Thanks Leflex. I have been practicing online and read the booklet. Fingers crossed..:)

Ray

maple64

Mar 22, 2009
raymasa said:

Ray
Thanks Ray!
As Leflex had said, the test is on paper and not hard at all. With all the effort that you"re doing, I'm very sure you are going to pass it too.
Goodluck !

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My test is on Feb 10th, received the letter last week, but CIC call center told me about it before. Studying for the test, but there are TOO many names and dates to remember :(

wannabe_ca

Jan 4, 2015
Congrats for your super fast application!!

May I ask which local CIC office is yours? Mine is Surrey and I've been in process since May 15 2014...

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wannabe_ca said:

May I ask which local CIC office is yours? Mine is Surrey and I've been in process since May 15 2014...
Mine is Vancouver. You should be expecting a test invite soon too!

hmuath

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wannabe_ca said:

DO you have any idea when was transferred?

wannabe_ca

Jan 4, 2015
hmuath said:
DO you have any idea when was transferred?
I must have been transferred in December 2014 (I called CIC in late Nov, and then early Jan when they actually told me about the transfer).

member012

May 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maple64 said:
Hello fellow Juners!
I wrote my citizenship test this morning in Vancouver and passed it! The interview went well too. It was really quick, it was not even five minutes, I think. The officer asked for my PR card and had me sign on the first page of the test invitation. She then asked for my other ID's and passports which she compared to the photocopies that I submitted with my application. She compared the dates on my residence calculator and those of the stamps on my passport. She asked if I still live in the address on file and if I still work full time. She asked about my two sons who are included in my application, if they are still in school, etc. and that's it. She said, "Okay, you're done. They will send you a notice for the ceremony". I couldn't believe it was over. It went so fast. I didn't even have to take out other documents that I had in my bag.
I just hope the oath taking ceremony invitation comes earlier than the 3-5 months that she told me.
Thank you for sharing your experience.

I plan to send in my application in a few weeks. It seems that the test happens fairly soon after it is accepted. I was considering returning/relocation to Seattle after I apply.

I have a question: I am wondering if I should stay in Vancouver until after the test and interview with imagination?

I am worried about how it appears (back and forth to Seattle). I do plan to return to Canada once I have citizenship at some time in the future.

I should also mention that I was in Seattle for 6 months recently for work, and I am waiting for my PR card renewal and they have requested more documentation (passport copies of all pages, and entry and exit documents). BUT, this Saturday I will have completed 3 years of residence/physical presence in Canada!

Thanks

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wanna thank everybody for their support, and accompany through this journey as it ends today.
We r 1 big happy family.
Rock on, Vancouver

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
member012 said:
Thank you for sharing your experience.

I plan to send in my application in a few weeks. It seems that the test happens fairly soon after it is accepted. I was considering returning/relocation to Seattle after I apply.

I have a question: I am wondering if I should stay in Vancouver until after the test and interview with imagination?

I am worried about how it appears (back and forth to Seattle). I do plan to return to Canada once I have citizenship at some time in the future.

I should also mention that I was in Seattle for 6 months recently for work, and I am waiting for my PR card renewal and they have requested more documentation (passport copies of all pages, and entry and exit documents). BUT, this Saturday I will have completed 3 years of residence/physical presence in Canada!

Thanks
The new C-24 law has been passed and intent to reside clause is not into effect yet. You can relocate wherever you want to however, make sure to maintain your PR status while living outside Canada. Also you have to notify cic call centre if you are planning to go outside canada for more than 2 weeks. Also, the address where you are planning to get your mails delivered, please make sure someone checks your mail so that you don't miss any letter from CIC regarding any documentation/test etc. Also, once you submit the application and leave Canada to work in USA and if you only plan to come during test/interview then it may raise questions with Citizenship officer's mind and it may delay your application too.

Once intent to reside clause comes into effect (may be in june 2015) then you have to reside in Canada else there could be future issues with your citizenship application.

Please check the following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=911&t=5

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-after.asp