22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Citizenship Applicant Friends,

Today I got my test letter too for local office Vancouver. My time line is as under:

Application received for citizenship grant on 22nd April 2014

Started processing application on 27th June 2014

Citizenship test @ Vancouver office on 19th February 2015

Oath taking date: ?????? ???????

bamm1995

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm just in the process of completing my citizenship application and gathering documents. I don't see anywhere on the application or checklist that indicates I need to submit proof of employment. Is this something extra that people submit? I'm also wondering if there is any update on Vancouver processing times as that will be my local office. Thank you!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
bamm1995 said:
I'm just in the process of completing my citizenship application and gathering documents. I don't see anywhere on the application or checklist that indicates I need to submit proof of employment. Is this something extra that people submit? I'm also wondering if there is any update on Vancouver processing times as that will be my local office. Thank you!
There is no requirement to send employment proof now. Its upto you if you want to submit it or not. I am not sure about processing times of Vancouver office

bamm1995

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you. I'm reading some horror stories about this whole "RQ" issue and I want to make sure I don't miss anything. I'm sticking to the "Vancouver Applicants" thread as the horror stories don't seem as horrific. :)

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sending anything extra might backfire, just stick by the rules. It will look like you have something to hide...

leflex

Jan 9, 2015
basharar said:
Sending anything extra might backfire, just stick by the rules. It will look like you have something to hide...
Funny how everyone, from Montreal to here, is scared of doing something that would wake up CIC's arbitrary tantrums. Every administration in Canada has to be accountable and is easily defied by the people it serves, except this almighty one that has this obscure power over the applicants.

:-X

xperiate

Jul 23, 2007
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quick Update (I posted on June 2014 Applicant's Thread as well) since this applied to Vancouver as well:

I was not seeing any eCAS updates in a while so called CIC and they said that my file was sent to Local Office (Vancouver) on September 11, 2014

Here's a timeline:

App Type: Family
Mailing Date: June 18, 2014
Received Date: June 26, 2014 on eCAS
AOR Date: Aug 13, 2014 on eCAS
Processing Date: Aug 18, 2014 on eCAS
LOT (Vancouver): Sep 11, 2014 not on eCAS but informed by CIC Call Center
Test Date: -- nothing yet --

So, apparently, LOT updates are not showing up on eCAS (at least from my experience). And if the file was transferred to Vancouver in September, apparently it's moving VERY slowly. Ugh.

maple64

Mar 22, 2009
Hello fellow Juners!
I wrote my citizenship test this morning in Vancouver and passed it! The interview went well too. It was really quick, it was not even five minutes, I think. The officer asked for my PR card and had me sign on the first page of the test invitation. She then asked for my other ID's and passports which she compared to the photocopies that I submitted with my application. She compared the dates on my residence calculator and those of the stamps on my passport. She asked if I still live in the address on file and if I still work full time. She asked about my two sons who are included in my application, if they are still in school, etc. and that's it. She said, "Okay, you're done. They will send you a notice for the ceremony". I couldn't believe it was over. It went so fast. I didn't even have to take out other documents that I had in my bag.
I just hope the oath taking ceremony invitation comes earlier than the 3-5 months that she told me.

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maple64 said:
Hello fellow Juners!
I wrote my citizenship test this morning in Vancouver and passed it! The interview went well too. It was really quick, it was not even five minutes, I think. The officer asked for my PR card and had me sign on the first page of the test invitation. She then asked for my other ID's and passports which she compared to the photocopies that I submitted with my application. She compared the dates on my residence calculator and those of the stamps on my passport. She asked if I still live in the address on file and if I still work full time. She asked about my two sons who are included in my application, if they are still in school, etc. and that's it. She said, "Okay, you're done. They will send you a notice for the ceremony". I couldn't believe it was over. It went so fast. I didn't even have to take out other documents that I had in my bag.
I just hope the oath taking ceremony invitation comes earlier than the 3-5 months that she told me.
Congrats maple64. Vancouver office usually hand out oath invites for family application after 3mos. I will
highly suggest for you and fellow Vancouver applicants here, to request an ATIP within/after a month from your test date. So you would know if a decision has been granted already. It's more detailed than calling in for the status of your application.

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did my test almost 3 month ago, family application. Got the atip after 2 month, it just says that test was done, is there something more I should look for?!!

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
basharar said:
I did my test almost 3 month ago, family application. Got the atip after 2 month, it just says that test was done, is there something more I should look for?!!
Hopefully by February, you'll get your invite basharar. We had it on our mailbox a week before the scheduled date,though it was dated 2 weeks ahead. Now as on my ATIP, my test status and decision was updated on the same day. It was exactly a month after our test date. Hope this info helps. ;)

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much for the info, question, did the atip mention your test results, ours was updated 10 days after the test, but it says something like : record test results. Me and my wife got 20/20, but our application was filed in 7/13, I have a feeling old applications are still in the longer que...

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
basharar said:
Thank you so much for the info, question, did the atip mention your test results, ours was updated 10 days after the test, but it says something like : record test results. Me and my wife got 20/20, but our application was filed in 7/13, I have a feeling old applications are still in the longer que...
Status only says PASSED. I feel for you. It's such an uneasy feeling when you know you're close, but still unsure. Well the good thing is the necessary steps are already done on your application. February will bring in warm greetings. ;)