+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

member012

May 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam -Thank you very much for the information.

So just to be clear, if I apply in February when the new laws are not in effect, it may still raise an issue if I live in the US at the time of the interview?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
member012 said:
thecoolguysam -Thank you very much for the information.

So just to be clear, if I apply in February when the new laws are not in effect, it may still raise an issue if I live in the US at the time of the interview?
Yes, it may because CIC will determine that you are living outside canada and coming back just for passport for convenience. They may delay your application or issue you an residence questionnaire. However, please make sure to give enough buffer like 2-3 weeks before applying for citizenship so that no issues related to residency requirement arise. Don't apply exactly on 1095 days. Give it 10-15 days of buffer and apply after that.

Also make sure that for 4 year relevant period, you have obliged and complied with your residency requirement.

member012

May 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well the last thing I want to do is create any suspicion about my intensions to live in Canada. I love it here. I can always change my plans.
Thanks again!

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm very sorry for cross posting. But I'm getting worried about one thing. I landed in Oct, 2012 (was a student before that). On my landing day, I went through the Canada/US boarder and came back right away. There's a Canadian stamp showing the date of landing on my passport, but no US stamp. I realized I didn't report this single-day entry on my calculation sheet. Will this be a problem?

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
yyzhuang said:
I'm very sorry for cross posting. But I'm getting worried about one thing. I landed in Oct, 2012 (was a student before that). On my landing day, I went through the Canada/US boarder and came back right away. There's a Canadian stamp showing the date of landing on my passport, but no US stamp. I realized I didn't report this single-day entry on my calculation sheet. Will this be a problem?
Not at all :). One-day entries are not required to be reported-- see instructions. also, cic is well aware of the flag pole procedure.

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Empirical-Scientist said:
Not at all :). One-day entries are not required to be reported-- see instructions. also, cic is well aware of the flag pole procedure.
Thank you! phew..

sarah180

May 29, 2014
Hello Vancouver applicants,

I am a July applicant from Vancouver. I have done my test and interview January 6 but still haven't heard any thing about the oath invitation and I am just wondering if anyone else faced something similar. I definitely passed the test but I did not have the translation of the stamp for one entry that I had but the officer did not even mention it. Does any one knows the normal wait time between the test and receiving the invitation letter for oath ceremony?

Many thanks.

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarah180 said:
Hello Vancouver applicants,

I am a July applicant from Vancouver. I have done my test and interview January 6 but still haven't heard any thing about the oath invitation and I am just wondering if anyone else faced something similar. I definitely passed the test but I did not have the translation of the stamp for one entry that I had but the officer did not even mention it. Does any one knows the normal wait time between the test and receiving the invitation letter for oath ceremony?

Many thanks.
As i know, Nov. 2014 test takers have just recently taken oaths. Waiting time is usually 2mos. for single applicants.

member012

May 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will e applying citizenship under the skilled worker program. Does anyone know if that matters when called to take the test? It seems from what I have read here that the times from sending in the application and taking the test takes 4-6moths. Do you think this waiting period when be longer for the skilled worker applications?
Thanks

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pep so sorry to hear that, did they give you a RQ form to fill, or will they be just reviewing your file
, if they didn't give you an official form then maybe your waiting will be shorter, ask for the atip cic file to see what's going on.

Pel said:
update
Had a test and interview on Feb-04. Got RQ (US entries/exits). Was surprised as I only made a few trips to US and stayed there overnight just couple times. Anyway, got them that i94 form within an hour after the interview, but was told they will review my file within their regular RQ processing time..
At least moving forward.. Good luck everyone.
Timeline:
Applied - March 2014
Process started - April
LOT - July
Test - Feb 04 / 2015
RQ (i94) rcvd - Feb 04 / 2015
RQ provided - Feb 04 / 2015
Oath ...

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied passport today. happy to call myself "Canadian" now.
Have a gd long weekend

Kitsilano

Star Member
May 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What a bad oath taking experience in Vancouver.
Rude staff didn't let us hold our babies in our laps. When babies cried asked leave the room, my wife tried to calm them down at the back seats, wouldn't allowed to go out for awhile. Staff got mad and so...
It is just passed, I don't wanna talk anymore. No excitements at the end... we were sad and felt so lonely.

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Consider yourself lucky. Some people were kicked out of the ceremony because of babies. I will never take my kids to this. It is worth hiring or finding a babysitter.....

rockstar123

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 Jul 2014
AOR Received.
5 Sep 2014
File Transfer...
5 Sep 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
IP: 5 Jan 2015. DM: 6 Feb 2015
Passport Req..
10 Feb 2015. Passport Submitted: 17 Feb 2015.
basharar said:
Consider yourself lucky. Some people where kicked out of the ceremony because of babies. I will never take my kids to this. It is worth hiring or finding a babysitter.....
Wow... this is a really bad experience.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kitsilano said:
What a bad oath taking experience in Vancouver.
Rude staff didn't let us hold our babies in our laps. When babies cried asked leave the room, my wife tried to calm them down at the back seats, wouldn't allowed to go out for awhile. Staff got mad and so...
It is just passed, I don't wanna talk anymore. No excitements at the end... we were sad and felt so lonely.
Yeah, but think about others as well and don't be selfish. Others are there to celebrate this day, not to hear your baby crying.

Sorry you had a bad experience though.