+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Validated offer timeline in Quebec

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hey Lazymon82,
Thanks for your insights. How do we know how many points are enough grid points. Is there any guideline around that.
I am not sure if government informs about grid points officially, but per my understanding mine should be somewhere between 68-72 (Not sure when they say family in Quebec do they mean family with PR/Citizen status. I do have family but they are all with me :) )
I had my IELTS score expire a few months ago but they were all 8 or higher overall being 8.5 out of 9. I don't know if that means anything for a reference if they do call me for an interview. In my Arrima profile i listed nothing for both English and French as IELTS was already expired.
Would you know how many Grid Points your friends had when they got rejected. Also what was the NOC they were working for.

My only portal to wisdom on CSQ besides online is one of my cousins who works in IT (NOC-A). He also went through RSWP and works in Montreal. He did not have any language scores and got his CSQ. His invite came just before the launch of Arrima in early 2018 when they still used Mon-Project and CSQ came towards the end of 2018.

Thanks,
Rajat
This is the link from quebec immi website for selection grid points

https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/divers/GRI_SelectionProgReg_TravQualif2018-EN.pdf

Rest depends on labour demand as per the website. Also having complete profile helps. Nothing missing or nothing mis-represented.

Good luck!

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
This is the link from quebec immi website for selection grid points

https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/divers/GRI_SelectionProgReg_TravQualif2018-EN.pdf

Rest depends on labour demand as per the website. Also having complete profile helps. Nothing missing or nothing mis-represented.

Good luck!
I guess Rajat already knows about it.

He's asking about 'enough' points so that after invite you get csq. My assumption is that it's a combination of labour demands + the points + number of VJO holders in the pool with that particular NOC. For example - Someone with less than 50 points but in essential services got invite last year and csq during pandemic. Since Mifi doesn't clarify and after submission of your doc's you get a standard reply as to not enough points, assumptions galore.

Reactions: rajat.tiwari

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
I guess Rajat already knows about it.

He's asking about 'enough' points so that after invite you get csq. My assumption is that it's a combination of labour demands + the points + number of VJO holders in the pool with that particular NOC. For example - Someone with less than 50 points but in essential services got invite last year and csq during pandemic. Since Mifi doesn't clarify and after submission of your doc's you get a standard reply as to not enough points, assumptions galore.
Thanks Immstu and Lazymon82,
That does make sense. So I guess it is mostly about putting our best foot forward and then hoping it works. I will see if I can get another IELTS done.
Appreciate all the discussion and your responses. Will keep you posted on how things progress.

Thanks,
Rajat

Reactions: Immstu

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Thanks Immstu and Lazymon82,
That does make sense. So I guess it is mostly about putting our best foot forward and then hoping it works. I will see if I can get another IELTS done.
Appreciate all the discussion and your responses. Will keep you posted on how things progress.

Thanks,
Rajat
Also make sure your calculation is correct. Sometimes we assume the points we assign in our calculation should be the same way MIFI calculates. For example a friend of mine assumed he gets full post graduate points for his university degree but MIFI calculated only graduate points for the post graduate cert he submitted. Also he lives in south shore but works in montreal so he assumed he would get 12 points as his residential address is monteregie but MIFI calculated only 8. And this was a bit wierd for me when he said MIFi did not calculate points for his son as he is not living with him currently in quebec (his son is back in india and waiting for visitor visa to get here).

Reactions: rajat.tiwari

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Also make sure your calculation is correct. Sometimes we assume the points we assign in our calculation should be the same way MIFI calculates. For example a friend of mine assumed he gets full post graduate points for his university degree but MIFI calculated only graduate points for the post graduate cert he submitted. Also he lives in south shore but works in montreal so he assumed he would get 12 points as his residential address is monteregie but MIFI calculated only 8. And this was a bit wierd for me when he said MIFi did not calculate points for his son as he is not living with him currently in quebec (his son is back in india and waiting for visitor visa to get here).
Thanks Lazymon82,
That is good to know. I hope to submit my application on Mon Project in a week or so. Will update here as things develop.

Thanks,
Rajat

Gypsy_Q

Oct 13, 2020
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Hi All,

I have a question regarding VJO. My company is applying for the VJO and by the looks of it, it takes about 2-3 months to get it. I have done my IELTS (satisfactory) and my wife is completing her French test and Course very soon.

My Work Permit expires in November 2021, so, I have roughly 1 year to figure things out.

Should I already submit our Expression of Interest or should I wait for my VJO and my wife's french scores?

Thanks,
GQ

Arsalan345

Jan 29, 2020
Hi, I want to know for validated job offer,Does VJO depends on salary according to NOC.
What is the minimum salary requirement for this.
please advise thanks

Feb 16, 2021
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi all, thank you for the valuable information. I would like to know if the final decision for the VJO will be sent to the return address written on the package or to the company address written in the company information (section 1) of the application form? The reason I am asking is that the company I am working at has several departments and so the company registered address is different from the address of the office that will be sending out the package. With everything being paper-based, is it difficult to know when the application is processed and where the final decision will be sent to. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Parth18

Apr 10, 2021
Not all companies file for a VJO with a shorter contract (less than a year). They usually file VJO for candidates who are hired on a permanent basis.

Candidates with VJO guarantees a ARRIMA invitation but not CSQ unless you have enough grid points.

IELTS score should be valid until you get your ARRIMA invitation and it doesn't matter if it expires after you file CSQ application after you get ARRIMA invitation.

I know a hand full of my friends now who had VJO but CSQ rejected because they did not enough grid points and painfully they came to know about it after sending thier documents (whole process took 7 months). Checking your points and doing the needful to make sure you have enough can save you 7 months of waiting.
How can i check my point. I have a confusion in education section. I did Bachelor of Arts with computer applications 3 year outside canada so how many points can i claim for that and area of training??
thanks in advance

Aeternus

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
How can i check my point. I have a confusion in education section. I did Bachelor of Arts with computer applications 3 year outside canada so how many points can i claim for that and area of training??
thanks in advance
Calculate your point here.
https://cdn-contenu.quebec.ca/cdn-contenu/immigration/publications/GR_Selection_Travailleurs_Qualifies.pdf?1616677921
Find out your formation score here.
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/liste-formation.pdf

Note: Till you do "Évaluation comparative des études effectuées hors " You cannot be sure, how many scores you can get from your foreign degree. This evaluation is not mandated but recommended before you start Arrima process. Because you won't be surprised by your final formation score.

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
Anyone applied recently for the validated job offer? Could you please share the timeline to get it? Thanks.

Hello! my documents were sent on April 8th and we got acknowledge letter on 10th of May, i received VJO on 9th of June. 2 month in total.

tlsehdgh18

Jun 5, 2021
Hello, My employer has submitted documents for permanent job offer validation on March.05.2021.
I have heard after 4 weeks(April.06.2021) that payment is successful but still now there is no news.
Does anybody know how much time the Quebec ministry takes to validate permanent job offers?
Thank you

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hello, My employer has submitted documents for permanent job offer validation on March.05.2021.
I have heard after 4 weeks(April.06.2021) that payment is successful but still now there is no news.
Does anybody know how much time the Quebec ministry takes to validate permanent job offers?
Thank you
The quoted SLA from the ministry is 3 months. I have seen it get done as quickly as one month as well. I would think that pandemic would slow it down a bit. If you do not hear back by the end of month 4, you can ask your employer to follow up.
Do note that your employer is the applicant and all communication would be sent to the address specified in the application (probably office address).
If everyone is working remotely then you might have to ask the office admin or someone to check the mails.

Snögubbe

Oct 11, 2021
Germany
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
Hello forum,
I am getting really nervous that the validation of my job offer is taking so long. Can it be rejected for some reason? I'm waiting since June18th and still no updates o_O My work permit will expire soon... I guess I won't receive a CSQ in time to continue working. Are there any bridging options I should know about?
Thanks