+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Validated offer timeline in Quebec

Manjula222

Jul 9, 2020
Hello, when employer submitted vjo application to ministry, does ministry send an acknowledgement or receipt (mentioning that they received the vjo application) to the comapany's hr department?

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
For those who have been invited to apply for CSQ or received their CSQ already, do we need to get our education assessed by the MIDI before submitting an EOI in Arrima. I am wondering if we receive AOT points and even proper points for our degree only after MIDI assessment or it is not needed for the Arrima/CSQ process? The fact that there is no way to check your cumulative score in Arrima makes the points calculation process a bit like a black box.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
For those who have been invited to apply for CSQ or received their CSQ already, do we need to get our education assessed by the MIDI before submitting an EOI in Arrima. I am wondering if we receive AOT points and even proper points for our degree only after MIDI assessment or it is not needed for the Arrima/CSQ process? The fact that there is no way to check your cumulative score in Arrima makes the points calculation process a bit like a black box.
No need of assessment for Arrima. Just find your qualifications, AOT and board/University.

If you have VJO, scores don't matter. I heard someone with score of 41 getting an invite coz of VJO.

Quick question -
Was there any problem with your payment, if you paid yourself?
Have you received your VJO?
Expectation of next draw/invite of VJO application to happen soon (heard this from someone who called MIDI, last one was for 7 applications in June)

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
No need of assessment for Arrima. Just find your qualifications, AOT and board/University.

If you have VJO, scores don't matter. I heard someone with score of 41 getting an invite coz of VJO.

Quick question -
Expectation of next draw/invite of VJO application to happen soon (heard this from someone who called MIDI, last one was for 7 applications in June)
Hello, can you please help me to understand? So i have a lmia job offer and got closed wp visa, hopefully soon will be in quebec. So once i go their can my employer apply to vjo? And is it easier to get vjo if im already working for the company? Or is vjo and lmia is the same thing?
and after i get vjo, should i just got through regular Arima? Quebec skilled worker program? Im confused. Please help :)

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello, can you please help me to understand? So i have a lmia job offer and got closed wp visa, hopefully soon will be in quebec. So once i go their can my employer apply to vjo? And is it easier to get vjo if im already working for the company? Or is vjo and lmia is the same thing?
and after i get vjo, should i just got through regular Arima? Quebec skilled worker program? Im confused. Please help :)
You have facilitated LMIA for Quebec which entitles you to a closed wp only. You just get a visa on this basis to work for your particular employer and no points in Arrima.

Yes, your employer can file for your VJO once you start working for them here in Quebec. A VJO guarantees csq but the total process after invite may take up to 6 months. Your only choice in this situation is Arrima.

Hopefully your confusion is clear now.

All the best.

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
You have facilitated LMIA for Quebec which entitles you to a closed wp only. You just get a visa on this basis to work for your particular employer and no points in Arrima.

Yes, your employer can file for your VJO once you start working for them here in Quebec. A VJO guarantees csq but the total process after invite may take up to 6 months. Your only choice in this situation is Arrima.

Hopefully your confusion is clear now.

All the best.
Thank you for your reply :) so after i get vjo, i should go through arima and wait for invitation right?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thank you for your reply :) so after i get vjo, i should go through arima and wait for invitation right?
Yes better create your profile once you get VJO. You can create it anytime before but without VJO reference number chances of receiving an invite are quite low.

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
Yes better create your profile once you get VJO. You can create it anytime before but without VJO reference number chances of receiving an invite are quite low.
Thank you so much sir!

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020

Quick question -
Thanks for your reply Immstu. That is comforting to know.
Well since I wanted things to move fast and the cost to apply is not prohibitively high, i actually offered in my initial discussion with my manager that I am ready to pay the cost and I only need the help from HR to complete the paperwork as technically only employer can apply for VJO. My reasoning was that this is something which is not required for the company itself but for my own personal plans.
Anyways, I explained the details to HR and she filled out the parts that are relevant to company, and I signed where needed. Then in the final package she inserted the financial statements (as I could not have them), put in the payment form that I provided with my details and dropped the package in mail on July 21st. The fee was debited on August 1st. I haven't yet received the VJO itself but i am hopeful it might come around end of September. . The official SLA is 3 months but some folks in the forum got it in 2 and that is what I am hoping for as well. Will update once I get it.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thanks for your reply Immstu. That is comforting to know.
Well since I wanted things to move fast and the cost to apply is not prohibitively high, i actually offered in my initial discussion with my manager that I am ready to pay the cost and I only need the help from HR to complete the paperwork as technically only employer can apply for VJO. My reasoning was that this is something which is not required for the company itself but for my own personal plans.
Anyways, I explained the details to HR and she filled out the parts that are relevant to company, and I signed where needed. Then in the final package she inserted the financial statements (as I could not have them), put in the payment form that I provided with my details and dropped the package in mail on July 21st. The fee was debited on August 1st. I haven't yet received the VJO itself but i am hopeful it might come around end of September. . The official SLA is 3 months but some folks in the forum got it in 2 and that is what I am hoping for as well. Will update once I get it.
Awesome. Update your Arrima asap with VJO as I have heard that there maybe draw/invitation before November.
All the best.

Aeternus

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Awesome. Update your Arrima asap with VJO as I have heard that there maybe draw/invitation before November.
All the best.
May I ask where did you get thr information that there will be a draw before November?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
May I ask where did you get thr information that there will be a draw before November?
Definitely not online. It's from a credible source, all I can say. If MIFI doesn't go through mood swings, it may happen sooner as the inventory of VJO's has piled up.

Aeternus

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Definitely not online. It's from a credible source, all I can say. If MIFI doesn't go through mood swings, it may happen sooner as the inventory of VJO's has piled up.
Ok, I won't inquire more about the source.
This future draw, does it similar to the VJO draw before? They gonna draw everyone who has a VJO?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ok, I won't inquire more about the source.
This future draw, does it similar to the VJO draw before? They gonna draw everyone who has a VJO?
Those in essential service may get a separate draw to others. They may happen a few days apart as the inventory is 400+

Aeternus

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
There are 400+ people in Arrima who have VJO?
Thank you so much kind sir! What you told me really let me relax a little bit.