+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Validated offer timeline in Quebec

RIATOM

May 6, 2018
Hi Freinds,
I have registered in the Arrima portal on June 2019, created it in my Spouse name.We are in Bahrain.He has got 10 + experience in the Accounts field.Could you please help me to find out the Job Offering Sites and companies portal where the priority is high in the Accounts Field.And also he got visiting visa until 2025,Will it be helpful to have a visit in Qubec for one month for a job Hunt?Please reply

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Awesome. Update your Arrima asap with VJO as I have heard that there maybe draw/invitation before November.
All the best.
Hi Immstu,
Just to circle back and also if this information helps anyone else.
I put in the mail the documents for my VJO on July 21.
The fees was deducted on August 1.
the ministry validated the offer on August 14.
I was under the impression that it would take a couple of months and with the pandemic the office is mostly remote.
When I recently checked with HR and she looked at the mails received I got to know that the application has already been completed.
I will complete my arrima profile and keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks,
Rajat

Reactions: Immstu

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi Immstu,
Just to circle back and also if this information helps anyone else.
I put in the mail the documents for my VJO on July 21.
The fees was deducted on August 1.
the ministry validated the offer on August 14.
I was under the impression that it would take a couple of months and with the pandemic the office is mostly remote.
When I recently checked with HR and she looked at the mails received I got to know that the application has already been completed.
I will complete my arrima profile and keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks,
Rajat
Congratulations!
That's less than a month. Quite impressive.
Let's hope the invite/draw happens before November as is being speculated
All the best.

Reactions: rajat.tiwari

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Am I correct in assuming that while filling out our Declaration of Interest on Arrima, language test results for both English and French are good to have. The Declaration of Interest is still valid even without any language test scores. My IELTS scores expired recently and I am wondering if I should take the exam again.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Am I correct in assuming that while filling out our Declaration of Interest on Arrima, language test results for both English and French are good to have. The Declaration of Interest is still valid even without any language test scores. My IELTS scores expired recently and I am wondering if I should take the exam again.
The Declaration of Interest is still valid even without any language test scores. - You are correct with this. You can have both, any one or none but at the time of your submit your results have to be valid. Doesn't matter at the time of draw.
What I have been advised is that 60+ score with VJO has very strong chance of getting csq. VJO pool is lined separately to others.

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
The Declaration of Interest is still valid even without any language test scores. - You are correct with this. You can have both, any one or none but at the time of your submit your results have to be valid. Doesn't matter at the time of draw.
What I have been advised is that 60+ score with VJO has very strong chance of getting csq. VJO pool is lined separately to others.
Thanks for the info. Is VJO pool publicly accessible. Where can we see it if so.

Aeternus

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hey I have 59 point personal. Should I be worried about the next draw? Can you inquire your source for me please?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hey I have 59 point personal. Should I be worried about the next draw? Can you inquire your source for me please?
What I have been told is that besides vjo, french B2 may get csq. With scores you may get invite but no guarantee of csq. Before pandemic they had plans to push Arrima over peq but things are hazy now. Even the vjo only draw before November as was expected may get postponed. There isn't any definite news coming out. My source is a lawyer who talks to higher ups at MIFI.
Let's hope for the best.

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
What I have been told is that besides vjo, french B2 may get csq. With scores you may get invite but no guarantee of csq. Before pandemic they had plans to push Arrima over peq but things are hazy now. Even the vjo only draw before November as was expected may get postponed. There isn't any definite news coming out. My source is a lawyer who talks to higher ups at MIFI.
Let's hope for the best.
So I guess they did a draw today. I got an invite a while ago. I am so glad I updated my profile a couple days ago :)

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
So I guess they did a draw today. I got an invite a while ago. I am so glad I updated my profile a couple days ago :)
Congratulations! My cousin also got invited but his friend was left out - he had vjo and higher score than him. Weird. Both work in non essential service. There maybe few more invites before Christmas hopefully.
All the best for your csq

Reactions: rajat.tiwari

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Not all companies file for a VJO with a shorter contract (less than a year). They usually file VJO for candidates who are hired on a permanent basis.

Candidates with VJO guarantees a ARRIMA invitation but not CSQ unless you have enough grid points.

IELTS score should be valid until you get your ARRIMA invitation and it doesn't matter if it expires after you file CSQ application after you get ARRIMA invitation.

I know a hand full of my friends now who had VJO but CSQ rejected because they did not enough grid points and painfully they came to know about it after sending thier documents (whole process took 7 months). Checking your points and doing the needful to make sure you have enough can save you 7 months of waiting.

Reactions: Immstu

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Not all companies file for a VJO with a shorter contract (less than a year). They usually file VJO for candidates who are hired on a permanent basis.

Candidates with VJO guarantees a ARRIMA invitation but not CSQ unless you have enough grid points.

IELTS score should be valid until you get your ARRIMA invitation and it doesn't matter if it expires after you file CSQ application after you get ARRIMA invitation.

I know a hand full of my friends now who had VJO but CSQ rejected because they did not enough grid points and painfully they came to know about it after sending thier documents (whole process took 7 months). Checking your points and doing the needful to make sure you have enough can save you 7 months of waiting.
Agree.
Weird part is my cousin has 64 points. He got invite but his friend has 68 he was left out. Both have VJO. Lawyer confirmed that Arrima isn't first come first serve but a random system. Quite confusing.
Thanks for your detailed response.

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020

Hey Lazymon82,
Thanks for your insights. How do we know how many points are enough grid points. Is there any guideline around that.
I am not sure if government informs about grid points officially, but per my understanding mine should be somewhere between 68-72 (Not sure when they say family in Quebec do they mean family with PR/Citizen status. I do have family but they are all with me :) )
I had my IELTS score expire a few months ago but they were all 8 or higher overall being 8.5 out of 9. I don't know if that means anything for a reference if they do call me for an interview. In my Arrima profile i listed nothing for both English and French as IELTS was already expired.
Would you know how many Grid Points your friends had when they got rejected. Also what was the NOC they were working for.

My only portal to wisdom on CSQ besides online is one of my cousins who works in IT (NOC-A). He also went through RSWP and works in Montreal. He did not have any language scores and got his CSQ. His invite came just before the launch of Arrima in early 2018 when they still used Mon-Project and CSQ came towards the end of 2018.

Thanks,
Rajat

Last edited: