+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Valid Job Offer Question

Rounakm12

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
No...

"if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
  • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
  • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
  • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident "
So basically, the only other thing you would need is a letter from your current employer that offers you employment for a period of at least one year (or "permanent employment") upon your becoming a permanent resident.

This is so much easier than getting another LMIA : )
Thank you, Sir, for your response. As of now, my employer is not giving me another offer letter for the next 1 year. I have an offer letter till Oct 2020 and If I submit the application tomorrow that means 11 months remaining job offer letter, would it will count 50 additional points for valid job offer?

Would you please suggest me alternate option if this doesn't work?

laravaghela

Jan 23, 2020
Hello Guys,

I’m currently based in Canada with an ITA and CRS of 463, and in a dilemma to accept my ITA or not. My confusion is regarding the “Do you have a valid job offer” question.

I am on my PGWP and applied through CEC. While submitting my Express Entry profile, I answered the “Do you have a valid Job offer” question as “Yes”. I assumed this was the correct answer based on my work permit.
However, after receiving my ITA, I realized that I do not qualify for a valid Job offer based on the discussions on these threads https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/valid-job-offer-question-confusion.473548/
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

If I answer “Yes” on my PR application, I’m asked to provide 2 additional letters – Offer of Employment and Letter of Employment. Both these letters may sound the same, but they have different meanings.

If I answer “No” on my PR application, My answer will differ from my Express Entry profile.
Please note: My CRS score does not change, I have tested my CRS score based on my answers

In addition, I have provided my past employer's details for the question whom I worked for 1 year 7 months and currently working for a new employer for the past 2 months.

Honestly, I do not know how to proceed with this situation.

- Should I accept my ITA?
If yes, Do I answer “Yes” or “No” to the “Do you have a valid” job offer question?
If yes, What letters do I provide?
If no, How will it impact my application, as there will be a discrepancy in my EE and PR application

- Should I decline my ITA?
What are the chances of receiving an ITA in the nearest draw, My CRS is 463

Looking forward to your reply

Thanks a ton!

Hey Bianca I am in similar situation did your PR got approved what were the steps taken by you. Did you select no and attached LOE in the e-apr

Bianca1010

Dec 13, 2017
Hello,

I selected "no" and attached a letter of explanation stating that I misunderstood the question, it was an honest mistake, my points weren't affected and what my current status was.
I assume it worked coz my PR application got approved.

Reactions: AdmiralGG

laravaghela

Jan 23, 2020
Hello,

I selected "no" and attached a letter of explanation stating that I misunderstood the question, it was an honest mistake, my points weren't affected and what my current status was.
I assume it worked coz my PR application got approved.

Thanks a lot for the reply. Congratulations on getting the PR and have good day ahead.

laravaghela

Jan 23, 2020
I am in the similar situation. I changed it to NO and Offer of Employment and Letter of Employment documents went away. VIP members please respond.

Hey Dhruv,

Did you PR got approved too? The reason for asking the question is because you were in the same situation.

Regards,
Lara

Sagar95

Nov 20, 2018
Hey experts

I need your help. I did messed up my pre-ITA application big time. On my pre-ITA application, for the question "Do you have a valid job offer?" and i answered it "YES" answered the following questions and for the question "Was a positive LMIA issued?" I answered no.

Before creating my EE profile, i was standing at 462 (calculated using crs calculator). My points despite of this honest mistake is still 462 (unchanged) because i received 0 points for "CRS-ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT".

I was under the impression that the question was about the 1 year experience but it wasn't.

Now i want to rectify it and change the answer to the above question in Post-ITA application to "NO". However this change wont be reflected in the PRE-ITA application and now i m stuck.

What will be the best course of action?

Thanks in advance

victor101

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Hey experts

I need your help. I did messed up my pre-ITA application big time. On my pre-ITA application, for the question "Do you have a valid job offer?" and i answered it "YES" answered the following questions and for the question "Was a positive LMIA issued?" I answered no.

Before creating my EE profile, i was standing at 462 (calculated using crs calculator). My points despite of this honest mistake is still 462 (unchanged) because i received 0 points for "CRS-ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT".

I was under the impression that the question was about the 1 year experience but it wasn't.

Now i want to rectify it and change the answer to the above question in Post-ITA application to "NO". However this change wont be reflected in the PRE-ITA application and now i m stuck.

Thanks in advance
Hi
I did the same answer when I was creating my EE. Since I have a job offer that time, I answered yes and no for positive LMIA.
I have a valid post graduate work permit when I got the job so I did not change anything for post ITA. It did not affect my CRS score and I just emphasized it to my letter of my explanation that I did not claim any points for the job offer.

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey experts

Thanks in advance
As you didn't get points for it, not a big deal and you can just explain in an LOE.

Reactions: jes_ON

sam143g

Apr 22, 2020
hi,
i have LMIA approved work permit and a valid job offer from my employer, however it has not been one year with the current employer,would i still be able to get those 50 points for job offer or i have to wait for one full year. overall i have more than 2 years of experience in canada.

El_Brujo81

Sep 4, 2019
Hi @sam143g,

See the link below:
Offer of Employment - Skilled Immigrants (Express Entry)

I'm assuming you're eligible for either FSW or CEC. To claim the 50 CRS points for valid job offer, you don't have to wait for one year (unless you're on an employer-specific LMIA-exempt work permit (FTAs, Canadian Interests, etc.) and you have less than one year of experience working for the employer named on your WP). Most important here is, make sure you meet the requirements for a job offer on an LMIA-based work permit. Also, make sure your job offer has a statement for the duration of employment of at least "One year upon issuance of your permanent resident visa". You may need a new job offer letter if your current letter is older than the date you opened your EE profile.

I'm not an expert but I was in a similar situation (Mine was LMIA exempt)

lakshgosain

Jan 20, 2020
Hi all,

I'm in the same boat and changing the valid job offer question to 'NO' removes 2 documents. I want to confirm if anyone did make the change post-ITA and whether they had any problems in getting the application approved?

Any help is truly appreciated!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

I'm in the same boat and changing the valid job offer question to 'NO' removes 2 documents. I want to confirm if anyone did make the change post-ITA and whether they had any problems in getting the application approved?

Any help is truly appreciated!
As already stated above, as long as your points remain above the draw cut-off, it's fine.

Reactions: Dghiiutvn

Nzui xiao

Jun 4, 2020
Hello Guys,

I’m currently based in Canada with an ITA and CRS of 463, and in a dilemma to accept my ITA or not. My confusion is regarding the “Do you have a valid job offer” question.

I am on my PGWP and applied through CEC. While submitting my Express Entry profile, I answered the “Do you have a valid Job offer” question as “Yes”. I assumed this was the correct answer based on my work permit.
However, after receiving my ITA, I realized that I do not qualify for a valid Job offer based on the discussions on these threads https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/valid-job-offer-question-confusion.473548/
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

If I answer “Yes” on my PR application, I’m asked to provide 2 additional letters – Offer of Employment and Letter of Employment. Both these letters may sound the same, but they have different meanings.

If I answer “No” on my PR application, My answer will differ from my Express Entry profile.
Please note: My CRS score does not change, I have tested my CRS score based on my answers

In addition, I have provided my past employer's details for the question whom I worked for 1 year 7 months and currently working for a new employer for the past 2 months.

If yes, Do I answer “Yes” or “No” to the “Do you have a valid” job offer question?
If no, How will it impact my application, as there will be a discrepancy in my EE and PR application

Thanks a ton!
Hi,
I am on the situation. Where did you change to No exactly? Because we cannpt change the profile when we receive the invitation.

Thank you

harman528

Jul 27, 2020
Hello Guys,

Thanks a ton!
what did u do? did u get good result? im in the same confusion. pls guide.

asheesh12jan

Jul 6, 2020
I have a valid LMIA job offer for 2 years starting from dated 23rd Aug 2018. Now it is 11 months from today and On the CIC website, they mentioned they need at least a 1-year valid job offer to qualify for 50 points.

Can I get an additional 50 points if I apply today?
Can you please share your experience if you had mentioned for offer letter and got the 50 points