+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Valid Job Offer Question

Syednf96

Mar 1, 2021
Niagara Falls
Category........
CEC
Hi,

I just received my iTA and i am on same dilemma with others who chose "Yes" for Job Offer but didnt receive any points from CRS, since I didnt get any point for Job offer and dont have LMIA can I change my answer to "No" for Job and sumbit my application for PR? Anyone who went through and got PR please let me know if there was a impact and if no, how did do it.

Thanks in advance.

Syednf96

Mar 1, 2021
Niagara Falls
Category........
CEC
Hello Guys,

I’m currently based in Canada with an ITA and CRS of 463, and in a dilemma to accept my ITA or not. My confusion is regarding the “Do you have a valid job offer” question.

I am on my PGWP and applied through CEC. While submitting my Express Entry profile, I answered the “Do you have a valid Job offer” question as “Yes”. I assumed this was the correct answer based on my work permit.
However, after receiving my ITA, I realized that I do not qualify for a valid Job offer based on the discussions on these threads https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/valid-job-offer-question-confusion.473548/
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

If I answer “Yes” on my PR application, I’m asked to provide 2 additional letters – Offer of Employment and Letter of Employment. Both these letters may sound the same, but they have different meanings.

If I answer “No” on my PR application, My answer will differ from my Express Entry profile.
Please note: My CRS score does not change, I have tested my CRS score based on my answers

In addition, I have provided my past employer's details for the question whom I worked for 1 year 7 months and currently working for a new employer for the past 2 months.

Honestly, I do not know how to proceed with this situation.

- Should I accept my ITA?
If yes, Do I answer “Yes” or “No” to the “Do you have a valid” job offer question?
If yes, What letters do I provide?
If no, How will it impact my application, as there will be a discrepancy in my EE and PR application

- Should I decline my ITA?
What are the chances of receiving an ITA in the nearest draw, My CRS is 463

Looking forward to your reply

Thanks a ton!
Hi, I am on the same issue as you are, please let me know if changing to no worked and how.

victor101

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Hello Guys,

I’m currently based in Canada with an ITA and CRS of 463, and in a dilemma to accept my ITA or not. My confusion is regarding the “Do you have a valid job offer” question.

I am on my PGWP and applied through CEC. While submitting my Express Entry profile, I answered the “Do you have a valid Job offer” question as “Yes”. I assumed this was the correct answer based on my work permit.
However, after receiving my ITA, I realized that I do not qualify for a valid Job offer based on the discussions on these threads https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/valid-job-offer-question-confusion.473548/
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

If I answer “Yes” on my PR application, I’m asked to provide 2 additional letters – Offer of Employment and Letter of Employment. Both these letters may sound the same, but they have different meanings.

If I answer “No” on my PR application, My answer will differ from my Express Entry profile.
Please note: My CRS score does not change, I have tested my CRS score based on my answers

In addition, I have provided my past employer's details for the question whom I worked for 1 year 7 months and currently working for a new employer for the past 2 months.

Honestly, I do not know how to proceed with this situation.

- Should I accept my ITA?
If yes, Do I answer “Yes” or “No” to the “Do you have a valid” job offer question?
If yes, What letters do I provide?
If no, How will it impact my application, as there will be a discrepancy in my EE and PR application

- Should I decline my ITA?
What are the chances of receiving an ITA in the nearest draw, My CRS is 463

Looking forward to your reply

Thanks a ton!
Hi,
When I applied for PR I was on PGWP. I answered “YES” on the valid job offer question. But as far I remember there a follow up question regarding job offer. I think the question is if the job offer in under LMIA. Then I answered NO. You won’t get extra points for job offer.
Just explain it to your letter of explanation that you got your job offer under pgwp and you did not claim any points from it. You’ll be fine.

Syednf96

Mar 1, 2021
Niagara Falls
Category........
CEC
Hi,
When I applied for PR I was on PGWP. I answered “YES” on the valid job offer question. But as far I remember there a follow up question regarding job offer. I think the question is if the job offer in under LMIA. Then I answered NO. You won’t get extra points for job offer.
Just explain it to your letter of explanation that you got your job offer under pgwp and you did not claim any points from it. You’ll be fine.
So before submitting application we can change job offer from yes to no? I am in the same situation.

IbrahimS22

Jun 27, 2018
You can proceed with your ITA, modify your answer to "No" and provide a LOE regarding the fact that you made a mistake and this mistake has no effect on your eligibility or CRS.
Can someone please tell me how to change my answer to "No" after receiving ITA? I can't find that section