+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VALID JOB OFFER QUESTION CONFUSION

veeraB

Dec 22, 2016
Hello Guys,

Can someone please help me here. I'm on PGWP and I was wondering what should I answer for the express entry question below:

"Do you have a valid job offer in Canada?"

Should I say "No" because I don't have an LMIA approved job offer. I want to apply under CEC as a regular worker who got a job after graduating from Canadian institution and currently applying for PR. Or Should I say "yes" because if I do I get asked to upload "offer of emplyment and "Letter of employment" in the later sections of the form as I've already received an ITA...

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
If you're on a PGWP you do not have a valid job offer.

Reactions: bob_schaf

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Reactions: TanuP and bob_schaf

waipm2000

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
That link confirms that you don't have a job offer. If you want job offer points, your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA.
Please read this. this is mentioned on that link.

Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class

A valid job offer has to be:

• made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
    • not seasonal
    • not on a contract basis
  • in a job that is NOC:
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B
It also must be made :

• by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident OR
  • if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa

as i understand they will consider your job offer if you have worked for an employer for one year full time and the same employer is providing you the offer.

Please Advise

Thanks

waipm2000

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Please read this. this is mentioned on that link.

Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class

A valid job offer has to be:

• made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
    • not seasonal
    • not on a contract basis
  • in a job that is NOC:
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B
It also must be made :

• by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident OR
  • if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa

as i understand they will consider your job offer if you have worked for an employer for one year full time and the same employer is providing you the offer.

Please Advise

Thanks

I have NOC B with employer name on my work permit. and i have worked for this employer for one year already.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have NOC B with employer name on my work permit. and i have worked for this employer for one year already.

Thanks
Do you hold a PGWP?

If so, the you don't meet one of the requirements - which is that your employer must be named in the work permit.

So you don't qualify for the 50 points (if you hold a PGWP).

Reactions: TanuP and bob_schaf

karki

Feb 11, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnepig
NOC Code......
4012 and 6311
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
It doesnt matter whether you are in PGWP or other open work permit. To claim 50 CRS point your employer has to agree to give you atleast 1 year job offer after you get PR and that job offer must me supported by positive LMIA.

Mohsen13677

Aug 10, 2019
Hello Everyone.

I have a little similar question. Please help me.
I did my study in Canada, and now I am PGWP and work in an institution that has a charitable registration number on the Government of Canada. I have started my job here as a Data Analyst (NOC A) for just 2 months and am going to apply for express entry (CEC) after getting 12 months of Canadian Work experience here.
My question is that since this institution has a charitable registration number, can I use my job offer (which I received before and will ask the HR to issue it again) to get the points? Is my job considered as charitable work and it'll be exempted from LMIA?

Thanks all,

MelanieL

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hello Everyone.

I have a little similar question. Please help me.
I did my study in Canada, and now I am PGWP and work in an institution that has a charitable registration number on the Government of Canada. I have started my job here as a Data Analyst (NOC A) for just 2 months and am going to apply for express entry (CEC) after getting 12 months of Canadian Work experience here.
My question is that since this institution has a charitable registration number, can I use my job offer (which I received before and will ask the HR to issue it again) to get the points? Is my job considered as charitable work and it'll be exempted from LMIA?

Thanks all,
As a data analyst I don't think that would qualify but you should check this page and see what you think - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes/canadian-interests-charitable-religious-work-r205-exemption-code-c50.html

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Hi everyone!

Would some please help me understand if I have a job offer or not?

2019, April 30 - Finished my studies, got a Master's degree (2 years). Applied for PGWP that day.
2019, May 1 - Started my full-time job by receiving a job offer in my field
2020, May 1 - Planning on applying for Express Entry (I suppose I am qualified for CEC) having worked for 12 months.

In the EE application they require me to answer if I have a job offer. Well I have a paper from the legit institution with an offer. But do I really have a job offer? Can I say "Yes"?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone!

Would some please help me understand if I have a job offer or not?

2019, April 30 - Finished my studies, got a Master's degree (2 years). Applied for PGWP that day.
2019, May 1 - Started my full-time job by receiving a job offer in my field
2020, May 1 - Planning on applying for Express Entry (I suppose I am qualified for CEC) having worked for 12 months.

In the EE application they require me to answer if I have a job offer. Well I have a paper from the legit institution with an offer. But do I really have a job offer? Can I say "Yes"?
No. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

Mbains

Star Member
Apr 18, 2020
My friend has answered yes to the valid job offer before submitting file in pool and now she got invitation, and again it’s asking if you job offer. Should she write yes or no? And it will effect her file or no? As mistakenly she kept yes for that.. and she is in Canada worked for one year in NOC B on PGWP

Mbains

Star Member
Apr 18, 2020
My friend has answered yes to the valid job offer before submitting file in pool and now she got invitation, and again it’s asking if you job offer. Should she write yes or no? And it will effect her file or no? As mistakenly she kept yes for that.. and she is in Canada worked for one year in NOC B on PGWP
@legalfalcon can uh let me know? Please