+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VALID JOB OFFER QUESTION CONFUSION

harvalienn

Dec 7, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I'm kind of confused regarding the valid job offer section when applying for express entry. Here's my situation, I enrolled on a 1 year program in Canada which in turn gave me a PGWP valid for a year also. I'm planning to enter the express entry pool via the FSW program since I still do not qualify for the CEC due to the 1 year work experience in Canada requirement and I don't want to wait for a year to enter the pool. I recently came across the Express Entry BC (EEBC) stream for International Graduate for the Province of British Columbia, if for example I find an employer in British Columbia willing to hire me, would they still need to apply for LMIA, I just want to have insights from someone who's on the same boat as me because I've read from their website that employers from British Columbia don't need an LMIA for their position to be valid? Anyone? I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you

harvalienn

Dec 7, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I'm kind of confused regarding the valid job offer section when applying for express entry. Here's my situation, I enrolled on a 1 year program in Canada which in turn gave me a PGWP valid for a year also. I'm planning to enter the express entry pool via the FSW program since I still do not qualify for the CEC due to the 1 year work experience in Canada requirement and I don't want to wait for a year to enter the pool. I recently came across the Express Entry BC (EEBC) stream for International Graduate for the Province of British Columbia, if for example I find an employer in British Columbia willing to hire me, would they still need to apply for LMIA, I just want to have insights from someone who's on the same boat as me because I've read from their website that employers from British Columbia don't need an LMIA for their position to be valid? Anyone? I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you
By the way, here's the link where I got the info from

https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/34db1f82-cad4-43b3-b3c3-e2a761a5ee8b/BC-PNP-SI-and-EEBC-Employers-Info-Sheet.pdf.aspx