23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
stamang said:
I just called them and they said they have processed and mailing out results until the 22nd and opening packets from the 23rd of October. Not sure what happened to yours, may be you should give them a call bud. Please keep us posted. I hope they did not lose it. That would be a disaster:( I am in Australia now and my friend got his police clearance in a day; I got mine from back home in a week. Supposedly, US is the only one that takes 16 weeks. Sigh. Utterly frustrated.
Well, the credit card I used for the form is normally behind a few days of being able to see charges online, so I'm really hoping it shows up in the next couple of days ???. I'm positive I didn't miss anything in the application.

Edit: The card is updated as of yesterday and I'm sure that it was processed before then. I know they normally can't tell you about your individual application, but seeing as how they likely at least opened it and processed it do you think if I called they could give me any information? I'm very worried that my prints were denied or I forgot to sign something. I was going to send in my PR application next week and if I have to apply for another FBI check...

stamang

Feb 12, 2016
Decoy24601 said:
Well, the credit card I used for the form is normally behind a few days of being able to see charges online, so I'm really hoping it shows up in the next couple of days ???. I'm positive I didn't miss anything in the application.

Edit: The card is updated as of yesterday and I'm sure that it was processed before then. I know they normally can't tell you about your individual application, but seeing as how they likely at least opened it and processed it do you think if I called they could give me any information? I'm very worried that my prints were denied or I forgot to sign something. I was going to send in my PR application next week and if I have to apply for another FBI check...
To begin with, FBI charges your card regardless of whether or not your prints are rejected. The process works like this- they open the packet, charge the card, scan the prints and try to read it. Their system has a minimum threshold of how the prints need to appear, and therefore, if your prints happen to not meet this threshold, they reject it. Having said that, FBI sometimes is inconsistent with the information they provide in terms of the processing date. This is why, I like to see the comments of people that have had their CC charged. Recently, it appears that there isn't any update from anyone sending their packets before the 23rd. I request people to post their timelines if their card has been charged.

Secondly, if your card had an issue, they would notify you. Now, I don't know what happens if you have forgotten to sign but I am positive that a wrong credit card or a declined card will mean that you will be notified no matter what. So yes, give them a call and see if they see your request in the system. It could be one of the two- either the date I was provided is a bogus date and the lady that I spoke to has no clue or your packet has been misplaced. Please call them and sort it out. Fingers crossed for you mate! I know how it feels. Waiting for this shitty piece of paper for over 3 months now and I don't know if they will accept or reject mine.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
stamang said:
To begin with, FBI charges your card regardless of whether or not your prints are rejected. The process works like this- they open the packet, charge the card, scan the prints and try to read it. Their system has a minimum threshold of how the prints need to appear, and therefore, if your prints happen to not meet this threshold, they reject it. Having said that, FBI sometimes is inconsistent with the information they provide in terms of the processing date. This is why, I like to see the comments of people that have had their CC charged. Recently, it appears that there isn't any update from anyone sending their packets before the 23rd. I request people to post their timelines if their card has been charged.

Secondly, if your card had an issue, they would notify you. Now, I don't know what happens if you have forgotten to sign but I am positive that a wrong credit card or a declined card will mean that you will be notified no matter what. So yes, give them a call and see if they see your request in the system. It could be one of the two- either the date I was provided is a bogus date and the lady that I spoke to has no clue or your packet has been misplaced. Please call them and sort it out. Fingers crossed for you mate! I know how it feels. Waiting for this *censored word* piece of paper for over 3 months now and I don't know if they will accept or reject mine.
Yeah, if I wasn't about to head out I would call them today, but I'll definitely give them a call tomorrow. Who knows, maybe mine somehow ended up out of order. i'm positive all the information I included was correct on the credit card payment form. It's ridiculous that CIC doesn't accept channelers anymore. You think they'd care that the channelers still use security paper to print reports on, while the FBI doesn't. If I have to get my prints taken again it's going to be a pain. When I sent in prints to the FBI the first time I had them taken at a sheriff's office in a border town, so they were very used to the process. I'm in Vancouver right now, so I'll have to print out the paper version of the fingerprint card. I'm nervous about that, because when I had them taken the first time the sheriff's office gave me very specific instructions on how the FBI wants the fingerprint card filled out. I'm doubting it's that important, because the website doesn't give as specific instructions on how to fill out the card. Ugh. If something happened with my clearance, then I'm glad I didn't submit my PR application before this. I just want to get this over with and get started on the actual PR process.

stamang

Feb 12, 2016
Decoy24601 said:
Yeah, if I wasn't about to head out I would call them today, but I'll definitely give them a call tomorrow. Who knows, maybe mine somehow ended up out of order. i'm positive all the information I included was correct on the credit card payment form. It's ridiculous that CIC doesn't accept channelers anymore. You think they'd care that the channelers still use security paper to print reports on, while the FBI doesn't. If I have to get my prints taken again it's going to be a pain. When I sent in prints to the FBI the first time I had them taken at a sheriff's office in a border town, so they were very used to the process. I'm in Vancouver right now, so I'll have to print out the paper version of the fingerprint card. I'm nervous about that, because when I had them taken the first time the sheriff's office gave me very specific instructions on how the FBI wants the fingerprint card filled out. I'm doubting it's that important, because the website doesn't give as specific instructions on how to fill out the card. Ugh. If something happened with my clearance, then I'm glad I didn't submit my PR application before this. I just want to get this over with and get started on the actual PR process.

Oh well! Hope it all works out for you. I am actually in Australia and have applied for an Australian PR. I am in this forum just for the police clearances timeline. Sorry bud, I am not much of a help when it comes to the Canadian PR process. I wish I was in Canada since that was much preferred a destination when I decided to leave US. Tomorrow is Saturday and Monday is a federal holiday being Presidents Day. You might have to wait a touch longer to call. Sorry::(

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
stamang said:
Oh well! Hope it all works out for you. I am actually in Australia and have applied for an Australian PR. I am in this forum just for the police clearances timeline. Sorry bud, I am not much of a help when it comes to the Canadian PR process. I wish I was in Canada since that was much preferred a destination when I decided to leave US. Tomorrow is Saturday and Monday is a federal holiday being Presidents Day. You might have to wait a touch longer to call. Sorry::(
Oh, darn, I completely forgot. Well, I hope it turns out everything's fine. Thanks for the help!

Teshana

Feb 4, 2016
Here goes my timeline for background check. Applied for background check on October 14, 2015. Credit card charge February 4th 2016. Received report February 12th 2016.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Teshana said:
Here goes my timeline for background check. Applied for background check on October 14, 2015. Credit card charge February 4th 2016. Received report February 12th 2016.
Are you in or outside of the US? They received mine two days after yours and I'm wondering if I should be expecting mine in the mail soon.

Unfortunately, my credit card still hasn't been charged. I'm really worried they lost my application.

AlphabetPony

Feb 14, 2016
I sent my prints in on October 7th, they received them October 8th.
Charged my card on February 1st and....nothing in the mail.

What makes me angry is I intended on sending in two sets of prints but the place near me that does them refused to let me get a second copy saying thof FBI will just throw them away and it's the only place I could get them done. They even admitted my prints were really fine and hard to get a good imprint of, and still refused to do a second set for me. Now I'm sitting here crushed assuming my prints weren't good enough. This on top of all the issues I'm going through with my lawyers assistant and it's all makes for a not so good time.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
AlphabetPony said:

What makes me angry is I intended on sending in two sets of prints but the place near me that does them refused to let me get a second copy saying thof FBI will just throw them away and it's the only place I could get them done. They even admitted my prints were really fine and hard to get a good imprint of, and still refused to do a second set for me. Now I'm sitting here crushed assuming my prints weren't good enough. This on top of all the issues I'm going through with my lawyers assistant and it's all makes for a not so good time.
Oh, no. I thought they notified people if they're prints were rejected? It might just be taking an extra long time in the mail. I have no clue now. It appears that they have lost my packet entirely. People who sent there's days after I did have received their clearance's now and my card hasn't even been charged.

stamang

Feb 12, 2016
AlphabetPony said:

Bud, just call and ask them if your prints were accepted/rejected? FBI does not even bother to let you know whether there was an issue with your prints by any digital means. I have heard that those idiots will send you a physical letter and this could easily take a week or two to get to you. Since your card was charged on the Feb 1st, they would obviously tell you whether or not they have been mailed by now. Please do not sit back and be a little proactive with it. I sincerely hope everything is okay with your application. Its been more than 3 months for me, been through this trauma for the last 90+ days.

AlphabetPony

Feb 14, 2016
stamang said:
Bud, just call and ask them if your prints were accepted/rejected? FBI does not even bother to let you know whether there was an issue with your prints by any digital means. I have heard that those idiots will send you a physical letter and this could easily take a week or two to get to you. Since your card was charged on the Feb 1st, they would obviously tell you whether or not they have been mailed by now. Please do not sit back and be a little proactive with it. I sincerely hope everything is okay with your application. Its been more than 3 months for me, been through this trauma for the last 90+ days.
Ugh, I'm so sorry it's taken so long for you. The waiting is the worst part.

If I had realized they charged the card I would have called last week but I had no idea until yesterday and when I realized how long it's been I figured something must be wrong. And now, of course, it's a holiday in Alberta and a holiday in the states so I have to wait till Tuesday.
I know it's only one extra day but it's sitting here waiting that is the worst.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
I'm really starting to think they lost my prints now. My credit card just updated and still no charge or anything. It's been over 17 weeks, nothing. I can't call them tomorrow, because it's President's Day.

Has anyone here heard of someone getting their application lost?

Teshana

Feb 4, 2016
Decoy24601 said:
Are you in or outside of the US? They received mine two days after yours and I'm wondering if I should be expecting mine in the mail soon.

Unfortunately, my credit card still hasn't been charged. I'm really worried they lost my application.
Am outside the U.S, but it was sent to a US address.

krishnalynn

May 15, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 15-04-2016
Decoy24601 said:
I'm really starting to think they lost my prints now. My credit card just updated and still no charge or anything. It's been over 17 weeks, nothing. I can't call them tomorrow, because it's President's Day.

Has anyone here heard of someone getting their application lost?
I haven't heard of any lost applications. Sorry if you already answered this but did you do tracking? Try calling your credit card company to see what the pending charges on your card are. Might not be showing up on your online statements.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
krishnalynn said:
I haven't heard of any lost applications. Sorry if you already answered this but did you do tracking? Try calling your credit card company to see what the pending charges on your card are. Might not be showing up on your online statements.
I had tracking when I sent it in and a signature confirmation. I could try calling my credit card company, but I very highly doubt it isn't showing up online. The online statement finally updated to the most recent charges and it definitely hasn't been charged and it says there aren't any pending charges. I'm definitely at least going to call the FBI tomorrow about my PCC. Over 17 weeks and not a single sign of activity is ridiculous.