+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Police Clearance: FBI Processing Times

matt332131

Aug 4, 2013
Did anyone tried to use their debit card (I am from UK) for the credit card form ? I assume that if my payment gets rejected I need to resubmit and wait another 3 months ?

Matt

M.Mostafa

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
matt332131 said:
Did anyone tried to use their debit card (I am from UK) for the credit card form ? I assume that if my payment gets rejected I need to resubmit and wait another 3 months ?

Matt
I have a friend who his Card rejected and they sent him a letter by mail asking to fax an alternative card. They processed his application once they received the fax without waiting for another 15 weeks.

proudCanadian15

Feb 15, 2016
Hi all,

Have a question about how to get the fingerprinting card done for the FBI clearance. My spouse called the town police station ( she lives in a small town, at Upstate NY) for the fingerprinting services but they said they don't do those in their station. Can she get the fingerprinting done from a police station of a nearby city? or does it have to be from the town she lives in? Also Is anyone here went to a private agency to do their fingerprinting card? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
proudCanadian15 said:
Hi all,

Have a question about how to get the fingerprinting card done for the FBI clearance. My spouse called the town police station ( she lives in a small town, at Upstate NY) for the fingerprinting services but they said they don't do those in their station. Can she get the fingerprinting done from a police station of a nearby city? or does it have to be from the town she lives in? Also Is anyone here went to a private agency to do their fingerprinting card? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
They can be taken anywhere, as long as it is by a professional technician.

She should try to find a company that offers fingerprinting services in her area, such as this company:
http://www.fingerprintamerica.com/fingerprintingservice.asp

I suggest she send at least two cards with her prints, just in case the FBI finds that one, or more, prints on the first card are not legible.

Also, make sure that she sends them directly to the FBI office in West Virginia; CIC does not accept FBI reports from third party `Channelers'...even those that are FBI approved Channelers. :-\

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
I emailed the FBI and I got this: " Your request was received on 10-26-2015. The current estimated processing time for an FBI Background Check is 13 to 15 weeks from the date it was received. Additional time should be allowed for standard mail delivery. "

That's a lie! I have shipping and signature confirmation that my request was received 10/16/2015. They must have gotten my application out of order when they received it.

stamang

Feb 12, 2016
Decoy24601 said:
I emailed the FBI and I got this: " Your request was received on 10-26-2015. The current estimated processing time for an FBI Background Check is 13 to 15 weeks from the date it was received. Additional time should be allowed for standard mail delivery. "

That's a lie! I have shipping and signature confirmation that my request was received 10/16/2015. They must have gotten my application out of order when they received it.
This is a little surprising. However, with the amount of applications they receive, it will not be surprising at all for them to misplace it. I don't think they even care to be honest. No efforts have been made to bring the processing times down. At the least, they could confirm that they have received the packets. I understand the wait but it is beyond my comprehension as to why no status can be provided for 16 weeks. You would assume that the most waiting time goes towards opening the packets, and with the backlog, it is hard for them to open packets as soon as they were received. But common, let us know if you have it. Your case is a perfect example of this.

Btw, on a different forum, I have read that they processed October 26 a couple days ago. Check and see if your card has been charged.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
stamang said:
This is a little surprising. However, with the amount of applications they receive, it will not be surprising at all for them to misplace it. I don't think they even care to be honest. No efforts have been made to bring the processing times down. At the least, they could confirm that they have received the packets. I understand the wait but it is beyond my comprehension as to why no status can be provided for 16 weeks. You would assume that the most waiting time goes towards opening the packets, and with the backlog, it is hard for them to open packets as soon as they were received. But common, let us know if you have it. Your case is a perfect example of this.

Btw, on a different forum, I have read that they processed October 26 a couple days ago. Check and see if your card has been charged.
My card has updated for transactions through the 15th of this month and it still hasn't been charged. Hopefully, it will within the next few days. I'm starting to wonder if they're pushing back applications.

stamang

Feb 12, 2016
Decoy24601 said:
My card has updated for transactions through the 15th of this month and it still hasn't been charged. Hopefully, it will within the next few days. I'm starting to wonder if they're pushing back applications.
Normally, with US credit cards, you should be able to see the pending transactions straight away. On a different forum, a guy posted saying that his card was charged on Feb 12 for packet received on the 20th of October. This was when he was told that they were processing the applications for 26th when he called in on Feb 16th. So, I am sure yours must have been processed and the card has been charged unless they are not done with the 26th packets itself. Also, with the kind of backlog they have, there is no point pushing application further down. However, I am also reading of one other person in the same forum whose packet was delivered on the 19th and she does not have any updates either.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
stamang said:
Normally, with US credit cards, you should be able to see the pending transactions straight away. On a different forum, a guy posted saying that his card was charged on Feb 12 for packet received on the 20th of October. This was when he was told that they were processing the applications for 26th when he called in on Feb 16th. So, I am sure yours must have been processed and the card has been charged unless they are not done with the 26th packets itself. Also, with the kind of backlog they have, there is no point pushing application further down. However, I am also reading of one other person in the same forum whose packet was delivered on the 19th and she does not have any updates either.
Well, it's actually my husband's credit card (Canadian). My card was going to expire soon so to be on the safe side we used his.

stamang

Feb 12, 2016
So guys, for all of us who are so anxious about whether FBI will reject our prints, I have found a link that shows you how the prints actually need to be. This is from FBI itself and I believe is a good indication for us to see for ourselves whether our prints look okay. Before you send you packet, you could perhaps look at it and compare with this sheet. For anyone sending it in the future, please make a note of this. For me, its been so long that I have forgotten how mine looked like. At least, looking at this, I can recall mine that I did earlier and feel that the police station's fingerprinting services did a good job, especially when you see the continuous prints of fingers. Hope this is helpful:) And I hope, all of us get positive results!

www fbi gov/about-us/cjis/fingerprints_biometrics/recording-legible-fingerprints/capturing-legible-fingerprints

smr21

Jan 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
05-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
Med's Done....
01-12-2016
So, I sent in my prints on January 15th but about a week later, I got a notice from my bank about some security issues and they canceled my card and sent me a new one. I filled out a new payment form for the FBI and sent it to them. On February 2nd I got confirmation that my payment form had been "forwarded to the appropriate department for processing" and hopefully it will be reunited with my prints.

Two questions...

1. Should I submit a new set of prints? Not sure how much I trust that my fingerprints and payment will find one another...

2. Has anyone had CIC request their FBI report? I'm planning on sending in my application without the report, but just wondering how long after SA CIC asks for the report. Sounds like it takes two months for SA, but around 4 months for the FBI to be done with the report...

Thanks!

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
smr21 said:
So, I sent in my prints on January 15th but about a week later, I got a notice from my bank about some security issues and they canceled my card and sent me a new one. I filled out a new payment form for the FBI and sent it to them. On February 2nd I got confirmation that my payment form had been "forwarded to the appropriate department for processing" and hopefully it will be reunited with my prints.

Two questions...

1. Should I submit a new set of prints? Not sure how much I trust that my fingerprints and payment will find one another...

2. Has anyone had CIC request their FBI report? I'm planning on sending in my application without the report, but just wondering how long after SA CIC asks for the report. Sounds like it takes two months for SA, but around 4 months for the FBI to be done with the report...

Thanks!
1: You won't need a new set of prints. Even if they tried to charge your card and it was declined, they're supposed to contact you about it.
2: I don't have personal experience with this yet, but the CIC won't request your FBI background check until they start to work on the applicant's portion of the application, which usually happens at least (normally more than) two months after SA, depending on the VO. Just make sure you write a letter explaining why you haven't sent the FBI PCC up front. If they do request the FBI PCC and give you a set number of days to send it and you don't have it yet, write another letter explaining the same thing. It's if you don't try to contact them about it where you can have some issues.

So guys, for all of us who are so anxious about whether FBI will reject our prints, I have found a link that shows you how the prints actually need to be. This is from FBI itself and I believe is a good indication for us to see for ourselves whether our prints look okay. Before you send you packet, you could perhaps look at it and compare with this sheet. For anyone sending it in the future, please make a note of this. For me, its been so long that I have forgotten how mine looked like. At least, looking at this, I can recall mine that I did earlier and feel that the police station's fingerprinting services did a good job, especially when you see the continuous prints of fingers. Hope this is helpful:) And I hope, all of us get positive results!

www fbi gov/about-us/cjis/fingerprints_biometrics/recording-legible-fingerprints/capturing-legible-fingerprints
Personally, I was unable to open the packet to look at my prints. The lady who took my prints taped and signed the envelope and said my prints would be invalid if the packet was opened before the FBI reaches it. Any fingerprinting technician is aware of how to take legible prints like these, it's just sometimes people have very very poor fingerprints.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Decoy24601 said:
Personally, I was unable to open the packet to look at my prints. The lady who took my prints taped and signed the envelope and said my prints would be invalid if the packet was opened before the FBI reaches it. Any fingerprinting technician is aware of how to take legible prints like these, it's just sometimes people have very very poor fingerprints.
There's no such restriction.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Ponga said:
There's no such restriction.
Odd. I'm not sure why they insisted on it. Thanks for the info.