+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Police Clearance: FBI Processing Times

AlphabetPony

Feb 14, 2016
Ponga said:
There's no such restriction.
I was told I wasn't allowed to get a second set of prints which is what most of the people in this forum were suggesting just to be safe. Honestly, this isn't a surprise to me. The finger print techs kind of seem to be jerks.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Does anyone have an update on what day's applications they're processing? Here's hoping mine get's processed soon...

smr21

Jan 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
05-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
Med's Done....
01-12-2016
Thanks Decoy24601, good to know that it shouldn't be an issue with my card. Really excited to post my application soon!

Decoy24601 said:
1: You won't need a new set of prints. Even if they tried to charge your card and it was declined, they're supposed to contact you about it.
2: I don't have personal experience with this yet, but the CIC won't request your FBI background check until they start to work on the applicant's portion of the application, which usually happens at least (normally more than) two months after SA, depending on the VO. Just make sure you write a letter explaining why you haven't sent the FBI PCC up front. If they do request the FBI PCC and give you a set number of days to send it and you don't have it yet, write another letter explaining the same thing. It's if you don't try to contact them about it where you can have some issues.

Personally, I was unable to open the packet to look at my prints. The lady who took my prints taped and signed the envelope and said my prints would be invalid if the packet was opened before the FBI reaches it. Any fingerprinting technician is aware of how to take legible prints like these, it's just sometimes people have very very poor fingerprints.

nz

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How can we find out what date FBI is processing currently? Does any one know?

And, can anyone who got their summary mailed to Canada mention how long it took to reach after the FBI charged their credit card? Trying to get a sense of when it will reach me, the clock is ticking!!

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
nz said:
How can we find out what date FBI is processing currently? Does any one know?

And, can anyone who got their summary mailed to Canada mention how long it took to reach after the FBI charged their credit card? Trying to get a sense of when it will reach me, the clock is ticking!!
This number is the one people call to find out: 304-625-5590

I'm currently trying to get through to them via email to get an update and to confirm that they have my correct mailing address.

yelloweyedmage

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
14-09-2016 (Police Certificate)
File Transfer...
22-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-02-2016
Interview........
Waived, "Decision Made" on 10-02-2017
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-03-2017
Going to a finger printing appointment next week and going to get two cards done, is there anything else I could do to make rejection less likely, or any other tips in general? Should I submit the PR application without the prints due to waiting times, and if so, how do I send them in after they arrive?

Virginia2401

Apr 1, 2012
Hi all,

I am a Quebec skilled worker applicant. FBI received my and my husband's fingerprints on Oct 15th 2015. Our CC was charged on Feb 5th for my husband's report. Unfortunately my FP cards (we made two each) were rejected due to low quality. On Feb 11th a letter was sent to our home country and as of today's date we haven't received anything.

I will need to make a new application and this time I am planning on submitting at least 5 cards. One of the call centre empoloyees told me that current processing time is 16 weeks. That's how long it takes to open the case.

As we had lived in Virginia, I am researching the option of getting a Criminal History Check from there. The only thing that worries me is that the signature on form SP-167 must be notarized. Does anyone know how to do it if one is outside the US?

denokarter

Mar 11, 2015
Decoy24601 said:
This number is the one people call to find out: 304-625-5590

I'm currently trying to get through to them via email to get an update and to confirm that they have my correct mailing address.
any luck with this ?

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
smr21 said:
So, I sent in my prints on January 15th but about a week later, I got a notice from my bank about some security issues and they canceled my card and sent me a new one. I filled out a new payment form for the FBI and sent it to them. On February 2nd I got confirmation that my payment form had been "forwarded to the appropriate department for processing" and hopefully it will be reunited with my prints.

Two questions...

1. Should I submit a new set of prints? Not sure how much I trust that my fingerprints and payment will find one another...

2. Has anyone had CIC request their FBI report? I'm planning on sending in my application without the report, but just wondering how long after SA CIC asks for the report. Sounds like it takes two months for SA, but around 4 months for the FBI to be done with the report...

Thanks!
The same thing happened to me. I called the FBI and they gave me an email address to send new credit card info to. I emailed it as an attachment. Then later I got a letter telling me the cc was denied. Turns out, they were talking about the original cc that was cancelled for security reasons. They claim they never got my email. I then faxed the form to them and called to make sure they received it. They said I would have to wait weeks until they got to it, but a few days later I got my report by mail. Very nerve racking. I was actually on my way to fed ex my application without it. Checked the mailbox and there it was. So I opened my application and added the Fbi report. Got SA in about 60 days and it went on to VO a few days later.
If you send your application without it, write an explanation.
If you call FBI for status, you should know they say what day they are working on. But ask if that means opening that days mail or actually running the reports. They were always helpful when I called.
Also, when they open the mail they run the cc before they run your report. So even if your cc is charged it doesn't mean they ran the report yet.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
yelloweyedmage said:
Going to a finger printing appointment next week and going to get two cards done, is there anything else I could do to make rejection less likely, or any other tips in general? Should I submit the PR application without the prints due to waiting times, and if so, how do I send them in after they arrive?
You should submit the PR application without the FBI background check. Make sure you write a letter explaining that you haven't included it because of the waiting times and will send it when you have it. There's little point in waiting 4 months to send the application. As for tips, make sure you keep your hands moisturized until your appointment and try not to use any strong detergents. I was working at a deli when I got my prints done and the lady said my prints were very faint because of it. You can either wait until your FBI check is requested (they will give you an address to send it to) or you can send it to your VO after your application is forwarded after SA (not sure exactly how to go about doing that myself yet).

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
19 weeks (17 according to the FBI, but my signature confirmation says otherwise) since they received my application and I still can't get anything out of the FBI. They just keep saying that the current processing time is 13-15 weeks and they can't expedite applications. It's obviously been over 15 weeks even after they gave me a false date that they received it. I'm really starting to think they lost it. I still haven't gotten the credit card charged.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
I called the FBI outside of hours and left a message with my information. They called me back no more than an hour later and looked it up for me and said it was processed yesterday and that their current processing time is 16.5 weeks. From the tone of her voice, she was surprised that my application was taking 18 weeks to process.

I'm so so relieved.

stamang

Feb 12, 2016
Decoy24601 said:
I called the FBI outside of hours and left a message with my information. They called me back no more than an hour later and looked it up for me and said it was processed yesterday and that their current processing time is 16.5 weeks. From the tone of her voice, she was surprised that my application was taking 18 weeks to process.

I'm so so relieved.
Well done. Really happy for you. I was bewildered as to why your card was not being charged for 26th when they were telling me that they are done processing the october ones; I believe they have finished the 30th yesterday. In terms of opening, they said they were looking into Nov 3rd applications.

Also, it is surprising that you got a callback after hours. Is this an indication that they are working overtime to bring the processing times down? Whatever it may, Nov 12 is not too far and I hope my family packet does not have an issue.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
stamang said:
Well done. Really happy for you. I was bewildered as to why your card was not being charged for 26th when they were telling me that they are done processing the october ones; I believe they have finished the 30th yesterday. In terms of opening, they said they were looking into Nov 3rd applications.

Also, it is surprising that you got a callback after hours. Is this an indication that they are working overtime to bring the processing times down? Whatever it may, Nov 12 is not too far and I hope my family packet does not have an issue.
I sure hope that it means they're trying to cut down on the backlog now. I really think my package was just put out of order on accident somewhere along the line. Now, I can finally do my medical. I should be able to get in for an appointment right around when my FBI background check arrives, so it should be timed well. I was so worried I'd have to apply for a background check all over again.

stamang

Feb 12, 2016
Decoy24601 said:
I sure hope that it means they're trying to cut down on the backlog now. I really think my package was just put out of order on accident somewhere along the line. Now, I can finally do my medical. I should be able to get in for an appointment right around when my FBI background check arrives, so it should be timed well. I was so worried I'd have to apply for a background check all over again.
Umm, good luck with the application. No idea about Canadian immigration but I hope you will make it. :) Have a good night's sleep today, one more thing off your head. :p