Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
MisterDBarton said:
I'm probably confusing this with something else then. I thought I heard that once I'm actually approved, we have X amount of time to move to Canada and avoid duty or something. I'm hoping we have until at least July/August to get our affairs in order and such.
Duty has to do with goods you will bring with you as a "settler" - such goods are declared on B4/B4A forms. You may list goods that you will bring at a later time ("goods to follow") and while I've not personally asked how long one has, someone else I know who did so was told "ten years" for the limitation of time. Note that you have to LIST the goods on your B4/B4A forms - so you can't augment that list after the fact.

Good luck!

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
parker24 said:
Yeah, which scared us because we both don't trust USPS and CP haha
haha
yes i have heard from many people that USPS has very bad track n confirm image.. hahaha
wonder why LA just chooses USPS.. why not others ?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
simb said:
haha
yes i have heard from many people that USPS has very bad track n confirm image.. hahaha
wonder why LA just chooses USPS.. why not others ?
Probably because it's the easiest or most convenient for them. Seattle used to allow you to provide a FedEx shipping label and that was the only courier service they would allow.

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
computergeek said:
Probably because it's the easiest or most convenient for them. Seattle used to allow you to provide a FedEx shipping label and that was the only courier service they would allow.
oh really... thanks for the info :)

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
computergeek said:
may be convenient because that would be the only courier service allowed to enter the building ...hahaha

lea83

Apr 15, 2013
:D ;D :)
Got my CPR in the mail today! Just 1 week after my status changed to decision made! Landing tomorrow. Words cant describe how excited we are!!!! Maybe this can give some of you hope. Ottawa is working it lately!

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
lea83 said:
:D ;D :)
Got my CPR in the mail today! Just 1 week after my status changed to decision made! Landing tomorrow. Words cant describe how excited we are!!!! Maybe this can give some of you hope. Ottawa is working it lately!
Congrats!

(I'd be happy to add you to the Ottawa spreadsheet if you've got your application dates handy - the more data we have, the more helpful the spreadsheet should be!)

moidyn

Apr 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
AOR Received.
09-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2013
LANDED..........
04-05-2013
Hey All-
Just wanted to let you know that I received my COPR in the mail this morning!!! Less than a week after ECAS changed to Decision Made.

This process took 181 days, or exactly 6 months. My plan is to land tomorrow.

I can't thank you all enough for answers and support given in the past 6 months. I was quite the lurker on here and just recently started posting. Thank you thank you thank you!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
moidyn said:
Hey All-
Just wanted to let you know that I received my COPR in the mail this morning!!! Less than a week after ECAS changed to Decision Made.

This process took 181 days, or exactly 6 months. My plan is to land tomorrow.

I can't thank you all enough for answers and support given in the past 6 months. I was quite the lurker on here and just recently started posting. Thank you thank you thank you!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Congrats! Let's hope Ottawa is working again! :)

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
Come on Ottawa! Let's get moving!

lea83

Apr 15, 2013
IvanP said:
Congrats!

(I'd be happy to add you to the Ottawa spreadsheet if you've got your application dates handy - the more data we have, the more helpful the spreadsheet should be!)
Thanks so much!
Application received August 13,2012
Sponsor approved October 22, 2012
Passport request Feb 13, 2013
Decision Made status April 23,
Landed May 1!!!

IslandAnnie

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-11-2012
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
14-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 never received, pp submitted 09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
I posted the following question over in the Ottawa VO thread, and although one person said I should update my address "on ecas" (which I don't really understand how you do that on ecas??), but didn't get any advice about whether I should include the proof of return to Canada..which I'm thinking they are going to ask me for anyway...

How does a Sponsor update their address with the VO? by email? or is there a form or online process? I am a Sponsor who was living in the US with husband, and I have now moved back to Canada (he will stay in the US and work until his PR is approved). I know I was advised in the Stage 1 approval letter to notify them of any changes, and I know they will want proof that I have moved/are moving back to Canada in order to have his PR approved.

Should I just send a change of address or should I also include the proof that I have moved back (lease copy, pay cheque copy, copy of B4 Returning Canadian form, etc.) as a "pre-emptive" move, as I know they will ask for it at some point?

Thanks!!

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
IslandAnnie said:
I posted the following question over in the Ottawa VO thread, and although one person said I should update my address "on ecas" (which I don't really understand how you do that on ecas??), but didn't get any advice about whether I should include the proof of return to Canada..which I'm thinking they are going to ask me for anyway...

How does a Sponsor update their address with the VO? by email? or is there a form or online process? I am a Sponsor who was living in the US with husband, and I have now moved back to Canada (he will stay in the US and work until his PR is approved). I know I was advised in the Stage 1 approval letter to notify them of any changes, and I know they will want proof that I have moved/are moving back to Canada in order to have his PR approved.

Should I just send a change of address or should I also include the proof that I have moved back (lease copy, pay cheque copy, copy of B4 Returning Canadian form, etc.) as a "pre-emptive" move, as I know they will ask for it at some point?

Thanks!!
CSE for sure yes.

libellula

Jan 18, 2013
IslandAnnie said:

Thanks!!
I agree,you should update it on Ecase,but the way that I had to do that was to use the Ottowa email address. You put at the top of the email address,your sponsorship number,name etc.
And request a change of your address as a sponsor.
Include your explanation,and let them know that you can send them proof of your new status,but let them ask you for it.
They asked us for this information at the very end when they asked for our PPR.

As for your partner,everything is in his court now if you have already received the sponsorship,and they will receive any emails etc.

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
Hey all! I'm posting this here and in the Ottawa thread just so everyone sees it.

We're flying to the US tomorrow to spend time with my family. I haven't seen them in over a year and a half so I'm definitely excited! I will no longer be updating the Ottawa spreadsheet because once I come back from vacation, we'll be moving and getting our life together started. Of course I'll still be checking in here every now and then to see how you guys are doing, but I can't keep up with the spreadsheet. Please PM IvanP or amikety to have your info updated.

Thank you to you all for the support and best of luck to you!