+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US outland applicants' thread :)

timbitpep

Jan 20, 2019
NY
Category........
FAM
You will be waived through! If they do ask a lot of questions, it is for their own practice.

Add a US/Canadian citizens, you are allowed to cross the border without a visa or preauthorization.

Unless there are other factors that would make your partner ineligible to re-enter Canada, there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

Once you cross back & forth a few times, you'll get more confident about it.
Thanks for the reply, that's reassuring. With a visitor record in hand, US passport, and biometrics letter request, and asking questions transparently, would we be waived through, or would they do pull us inside for a closer interrogation? I am not really worried, as all our papers are in check, but I would like to know what to expect so we are prepared.

Reactions: hans106

renataQC

Jan 13, 2019
You will be waived through! If they do ask a lot of questions, it is for their own practice.

Add a US/Canadian citizens, you are allowed to cross the border without a visa or preauthorization.

Unless there are other factors that would make your partner ineligible to re-enter Canada, there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

Once you cross back & forth a few times, you'll get more confident about it.
We're back from biometrics!

Entering the US was the most difficult part because I still hold my green card and they had questions about our whole situation. Had to go inside. We used the St-Armand\Philipsburg POE. Otherwise, my husband showed his appointment confirmation and that was appreciated.

The biometrics in St. Albans was a breeze. There was not a lot of people and it took about 15 minutes all in all. We were able to go a little earlier than our set time.

Coming back, same POE, my husband showed his visitor record along with his passport. He explained he had his biometrics appointment that day for his PR application. We were asked the usual declaration questions and were reminded about the process to import a car when he gets his PR. That's it!

And, because we were nervous about the ''no re-entry permitted'' phrasing at the bottom of the visitor record, we went in the office on the Canadian side before entering the US. We were told we didn't need to do that. The only time we'll need to do that will be to relinquish the visitor record when it expires and my husband leaves Canada.

Reactions: hans106

hans106

Jan 10, 2019

Entering the US was the most difficult part because I still hold my green card and they had questions about our whole situation. Had to go inside. We used the St-Armand\Philipsburg POE. Otherwise, my husband showed his appointment confirmation and that was appreciated.

The biometrics in St. Albans was a breeze. There was not a lot of people and it took about 15 minutes all in all. We were able to go a little earlier than our set time.

Coming back, same POE, my husband showed his visitor record along with his passport. He explained he had his biometrics appointment that day for his PR application. We were asked the usual declaration questions and were reminded about the process to import a car when he gets his PR. That's it!

And, because we were nervous about the ''no re-entry permitted'' phrasing at the bottom of the visitor record, we went in the office on the Canadian side before entering the US. We were told we didn't need to do that. The only time we'll need to do that will be to relinquish the visitor record when it expires and my husband leaves Canada.
That's great news! Congrats!

Thanks for sharing your experience, I feel much better now about doing ours. I will be booking our appointment today, will use the same crossing and the same centre in St. Albans City. I will report back here as well.

Reactions: renataQC

hans106

Jan 10, 2019
Also back from biometrics!

We used the St-Armand\Philipsburg crossing last Friday. Went super smooth. Going into the US we told them we were going there to get my wife's biometrics done at St. Albans. The officer asked are you moving to Canada? and my wife said yes. Then they asked if we were bringing in any Avocados or tomatoes, and we said no. At St. Ablans, we were the only ones there, and went very smoothly. On the way back, I gave them the passports and the visiting records, told the officer we were there for a couple of hours only to get her biometrics. He didn't really seem to care, and didn't really look at the visitor record. He asked us how if we bought anything, and we said no, and he then waved us through. Neither officers asked for the biometrics letter, or sponsorship application number or anything of that sorts (I did have it ready in case they asked).

It all went very smooth. Thanks for the info guys, and good luck!

Reactions: renataQC

hans106

Jan 10, 2019

Hello everyone,

People that are receiving PPRs. How are you receiving them? Email to applicant? or letter mail? also, how did you receive your DM?

I haven't received anything in emails or letter mail. I noticed it said decision made on ECAS about a week ago, but heard nothing else. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019

I really appreciated seeing this post right now.

I've been in Canada with my (Canadian) husband since January, and due to a mistake with the mailing address on our PR application it's an outland app instead of inland like we intended. I have to give biometrics down in Seattle (we're in Vancouver) on the 26th and I've been stressed that it's going to be hard to come back. I have a Visitor Record that's valid until the end of December, but I know that doesnt guarantee that I can reenter.

I know every POE (and every CBSA agent) is different, but this has made me a lot more hopeful that reentering will go smoothly :)

renataQC

Jan 13, 2019
I really appreciated seeing this post right now.

I've been in Canada with my (Canadian) husband since January, and due to a mistake with the mailing address on our PR application it's an outland app instead of inland like we intended. I have to give biometrics down in Seattle (we're in Vancouver) on the 26th and I've been stressed that it's going to be hard to come back. I have a Visitor Record that's valid until the end of December, but I know that doesnt guarantee that I can reenter.

I know every POE (and every CBSA agent) is different, but this has made me a lot more hopeful that reentering will go smoothly :)
You're welcome and best of luck! There's been other reports where it went fine too.

We're in the middle of applying for the extension of the visitor record and that's a pain in comparison. That process online is rather unclear.

Aug 14, 2019
Visa Office......
New York
Hi everyone, has any one seen % complete on their application? I noticed this a few days back and I'm not sure if a decision is close to being made on myapplication. Thank you in advance.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi,

I have several questions:

1: What is the appro cost of the pregnancy insurance in USA?
2: Can I be on visitor visa there with the insurance? My husband is on F1. Should I go on F2 visa to get the insurance?
3: What does the insurance cover?
4: What are some good companies?
5: I am in Canada now. Should I buy the insurance before going to USA.

What is the cost of delivery if I dont have insurance?
Hi, may i know what did you end up in doing?? Thanks