Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
amikety said:
Can you use it to buy things or pay bills in the USA? I had one with BMO and I couldn't use it outside Canada. It was extremely useless.
In 2011 we opened an RBC account in North Carolina and also an RBC account in Canada and linked the 2 accounts. We can transfer money between these accounts effortlessly online and pay our US bills from the USA account and our Canadian bills from here through online banking or by issuing cheques. Its so simple and straight forward.

nsr

Jan 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
AOR Received.
8-01-2012(Mississauga) 28-03-2012 (buffalo)
File Transfer...
26-01-2012
Med's Request
25-07-2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2011, 26 July,2013
Interview........
July 2013-passed
Passport Req..
21-08-2013, sent on 27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06 september, 2013
LANDED..........
27 september, 2013
Hi Guys,

Finally I got interview date yesterday from LA which is in July. Anybody has any interview experience with LA please share.

Thanks and good luck to all..

lea83

Apr 15, 2013
:D my status changed to decision made today! I am the applicant so does anyone know if we should except an email with the COPR as the next step or is something sent in the snail mail? I am so overjoyed just kind of wierd it says decision made but doesn't specify the decision. I know it's good news though!

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
lea83 said:
:D my status changed to decision made today! I am the applicant so does anyone know if we should except an email with the COPR as the next step or is something sent in the snail mail? I am so overjoyed just kind of wierd it says decision made but doesn't specify the decision. I know it's good news though!
COPR is the next step, but it will not be emailed it will come through snail mail. I've heard that they typically mail out the COPR 3 days after your status changes to decision made. You should have something in the mail soon! Congrats! I got my COPR about a week or so after the status changed.

ecas never says what the decision actually is, but as long as you haven't had any issues or anything I wouldn't worry about it, it's most likely good news! =)

lea83

Apr 15, 2013
Shylox said:
COPR is the next step, but it will not be emailed it will come through snail mail. I've heard that they typically mail out the COPR 3 days after your status changes to decision made. You should have something in the mail soon! Congrats! I got my COPR about a week or so after the status changed.

ecas never says what the decision actually is, but as long as you haven't had any issues or anything I wouldn't worry about it, it's most likely good news! =)
Thank you so much for the reassurance! We are both so thrilled! So, as soon as I get my COPR I can cross the border right? Im in Canada now visiting my spouse so will just need to go into the US and come right back. Hope that will be okay. :) Congrats to you too by the way! =)

lea83

Apr 15, 2013
Shylox said:

Thank you so much for the reassurance! We are both so thrilled! So, as soon as I get my COPR I can cross the border right? Im in Canada now visiting my spouse so will just need to go into the US and come right back. Hope that will be okay. :) Congrats to you too by the way! =)

lea83

Apr 15, 2013
Shylox said:

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
lea83 said:
Yes as soon as you have it you can go the border to land and come right back the same day, I almost did it that way but couldn't get a ride so I just did it at the local CIC office instead. It's definitely exciting to know that you're all done finally!

And thanks! =D

MisterDBarton

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
18-08-2012
AOR Received.
29-09-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Request
30-07-2012
Med's Done....
30-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-07-2013
So we received an e-mail about a month ago asking for "proof" that my wife was intending to come with me to Canada. We sen e-mails showing her applying for jobs and us looking for apartments as I mentioned in a previous post. I too got a "Decision Made" on April 16th. The supporting documents for "proof" were e-mailed on April 10th. Essentially, that was 6 days between sending the proof and seeing a decision made. Is that good news? I mean, my wife and I will be celebrating our 2nd year married in October and our 10th (!) year together overall...I can't see them denying a Canadian citizen (my wife) the ability to live in Canada without her husband (me)...

I'm just concerned that 6 days was too short a time for a good decision to come from this :(

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
MisterDBarton said:
So we received an e-mail about a month ago asking for "proof" that my wife was intending to come with me to Canada. We sen e-mails showing her applying for jobs and us looking for apartments as I mentioned in a previous post. I too got a "Decision Made" on April 16th. The supporting documents for "proof" were e-mailed on April 10th. Essentially, that was 6 days between sending the proof and seeing a decision made. Is that good news? I mean, my wife and I will be celebrating our 2nd year married in October and our 10th (!) year together overall...I can't see them denying a Canadian citizen (my wife) the ability to live in Canada without her husband (me)...

I'm just concerned that 6 days was too short a time for a good decision to come from this :(
I think your 6 days is a good sign (how long could it take for them to review your proof?).

We also sent similar "proof" - it arrived in Ottawa on March 12 (exactly 6 weeks ago - we had to send by courier because they also wanted new photos; whether our photos were lost by CIC or incorrect, we never found out). No change in ECAS, and they didn't respond to my email. I think I'm going to order our notes, as ours is an abundantly straightforward case - married 16 years, together almost 19, joint financial records/insurance/property, two kids, never divorced, no criminal record, no contagious diseases, etc. etc.

Ambber29

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
Hi Nsr,

Did you ever receive re-medical request? We did not receive but we decided to do it.
We have not heard anything from LA and we applied in August 2011. I simply think it is too much. We were scheduled to be interviewed in June 2012.

Our MP said our file is in LA and iwating to be reviewed.
It is simply too much. How do i stay away from my husband for two years and when you are newly wed. I just visit two to three days every three months.

lea83

Apr 15, 2013
MisterDBarton said:

Dont worry, its good news coming your way im sure! Positive thinking is so powerful!

lea83

Apr 15, 2013
Shylox said:
Yes as soon as you have it you can go the border to land and come right back the same day, I almost did it that way but couldn't get a ride so I just did it at the local CIC office instead. It's definitely exciting to know that you're all done finally!

And thanks! =D
I didn't know outland applicants could go to the local office. This makes things even more convenient! Such a good news day. Thanks so much again.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
lea83 said:
I didn't know outland applicants could go to the local office. This makes things even more convenient! Such a good news day. Thanks so much again.
You can. Only downside is sometimes it can take a while to get an available appointment, although you might get lucky. Shylox did :)

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
Yea as long as you're already in Canada you definitely can! When I called to make an appointment they told me it would take a month to even get an appointment but someone called me the next day to set one up the same week so I was landed and done super quick. I'm in Vancouver, I'm not sure if other offices are that quick but it's your call if you want to try.

If you call and they can't get you an appointment until next millennium then you can always drive to the border instead of waiting too.