+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Visa Office change request after PPR

SS_Canada

Feb 22, 2017
Hmmm, in that case you may try to call London vo and try to talk, or may be drop a follow up email stating that your PPR would expire.

avijitmaikap

Dec 12, 2017
I have already sent a gentle reminder with cc to cpc Ottawa. And there is no option to call them. I only received an automated reply of the receipt of my mail.

dhvanixox

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Yes, I dropped an email to Sydney embassy about the situation, I got the reply in one day. They changed my vo to delhi.

I got my PPR on Dec 20.
Wow that’s great to know! Thank you for replying

How long did NDVO take to return your passport?

ARVINDATWAL

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
Hii, Need urgent help...
I applied for my Wife's SOWP from India and yesterday she got PPR from Delhi VO but she is currently in UAE. So, how can I contact Delhi VO for the change of passport submission location to UAE?

damon88

Feb 6, 2018
I received my PPR email yesterday. I am currently residing in US with an Indian Passport. The assigned VO office is Ottawa, ON.

Yesterday i sent them an email after reading on the posts here about Mailing Indian passport via mail is prohibited (as stated on passport). I simply asked them if it was okay for me to courier my passport or i will need a VO change. (IT was more of a question than a VO change request)

Would anyone advice me as to how to proceed next ? (looks like it takes them 10ish days to get back, and it sounds awful)

Is it okay to courier my Indian passport to Ottawa ?
or should i wait for their response? (i am also not sure if they will revert back with a change in VO right away or a simple acknowledgment which might further add delays if i have to get back to them.)

summerxx

Jun 12, 2016
I received my PPR email yesterday. I am currently residing in US with an Indian Passport. The assigned VO office is Ottawa, ON.

Yesterday i sent them an email after reading on the posts here about Mailing Indian passport via mail is prohibited (as stated on passport). I simply asked them if it was okay for me to courier my passport or i will need a VO change. (IT was more of a question than a VO change request)

Would anyone advice me as to how to proceed next ? (looks like it takes them 10ish days to get back, and it sounds awful)

Is it okay to courier my Indian passport to Ottawa ?
or should i wait for their response? (i am also not sure if they will revert back with a change in VO right away or a simple acknowledgment which might further add delays if i have to get back to them.)
check the tracker
https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/cpc-ottawa-passport-processing/fullscreen
Plenty of Indian citizens in the US have successfully sent their passports to Ottawa office and got them back.

Reactions: damon88

damon88

Feb 6, 2018
check the tracker
https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/cpc-ottawa-passport-processing/fullscreen
Plenty of Indian citizens in the US have successfully sent their passports to Ottawa office and got them back.
Hey thanks for the link mate! thats helpful.

Another quick question,
Since this is international shipping, do i need to ask the Shipping person to print additional documentation and put it in the envelope to make sure it goes thru customs without issues ? (I read something about invoices on other forums, what should this invoice say? and what is it for? )

summerxx

Jun 12, 2016
Hey thanks for the link mate! thats helpful.

Another quick question,
Since this is international shipping, do i need to ask the Shipping person to print additional documentation and put it in the envelope to make sure it goes thru customs without issues ? (I read something about invoices on other forums, what should this invoice say? and what is it for? )
If you plan to visit a carrier store, the staff will take care of the custom papers for you. I don't think invoice is a must as I didnt have any.

vegeta08

Apr 6, 2018
Delhi
I got PPR mail on Saturday morning but the VO mentioned was Singapore as I was in Malaysia while submitting the application now I am back in India which I updated cic through webform before returning to and get the confirmation too but still got the mail for VO Singapore, now I have mailed Ottawa CIC about VO change to Delhi for stamping on saturday itself, by when I expect the new mail from them or should i call them or any other process for it as my countdown for 30 days has already started from 4th. I also called VFS india they asked me to drop a mail at Delhi immigration, I also did that, is there anything else i need to do, shall i write to singapore vo also?

damon88

Feb 6, 2018
Guys, i just received a confirmation from NY VAC after i submitted my docs after receiving PPR email from CIC 2 weeks ago.

I am a little confused with the visa type listed in this email (PVT),
What is a PVT type visa? I was expecting to see something like a COPR/PR etc.
----------------------------------
Tracking ID - xxx
Application Submitted: xxx
VAC Location: NYC
Document Delivery Method: Home Delivery
Air Waybill Number: xxx
Visa Type: PVT
Submission Method: Mail In
----------------------------------