Interview........
N/NEED
Passport Req..
Sep 29, 2017 and Passport sent on October 2nd, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Got passport back on October 24, 2017.
LANDED..........
Waiting (Anytime on October 24, 2017)
It was valid just that there email address was full and hence it bounced back.

valid just
How long did it take to get back your passport with visa after you changed your visa office? I have changed the visa office for my wife and she got passport request and submitted on October 15. Still waiting to get back her passport. Just wondering it they take longer than Ottawa.
Thanks

vkumar7077

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Hello , Need one quick advice.
My PPR got approved today, I am currently in India and my Spouse stays in USA.
I got the PPR email today asking me to submit passports of me and my spouse to High Commission of Canada in New Delhi via VFS.

My spouse is planning to send his passport to India from USA via his friend who is travelling to India.
Once I receives his passport , I will send both of our passports to High Commission of Canada in New Delhi via VFS.

I was advised to mail New Delhi Canada Embassy to change my Spouse passport stamping office to USA , but I have read in this forum that people are not getting any replies to such emails and they are struct for days. Is there any successful case who had changed the VISA stamping office from New delhi to any other ?

That is the reason I am planning to take this approach. DO you see any risks if I do that?

vkumar7077

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
How long did it take to get back your passport with visa after you changed your visa office? I have changed the visa office for my wife and she got passport request and submitted on October 15. Still waiting to get back her passport. Just wondering it they take longer than Ottawa.
Thanks
Hello , I have a similar situation,I stay in India and my spouse stays in USA. We received PPR and got the Passport request letter asking me to submit all the passports to New delhi VO.
I submitted a VO change request for my spouse from NewDelhi to USA and mentioned that I still want to submit my passport in New Delhi.
In couple of hours I got a new letter in CIC asking me to submit the passports in NY. It didnt clearly mention my spouse name. It was adress to me like the original letter.
So now Can I go ahead and submit my passport to New delhi VO based on the original letter and ask my spouse to submit his passport to NY VO based on the new letter?

Pls advice on how you received your letter , when you changed VO for your wife? Is it generically addressed to you or did it mention your wife's name and Wifes UCI?

vkumar7077

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Guys I just want to share my experience for local visa office change. Please refer to my earlier messages in this thread to know the background.

I got PPR for stamping in New Delhi on 1st September whereas I was in Sydney Australia. I requested through CSE (web form directed to NDVO) as well as wrote an email to Delhi.immigration@international.gc.ca requesting them to change my local visa office to Sydney Australia and allow me stamping from Sydney. I could not believe my eyes. Next day I received a message in MyCIC account and there was a new PPR request for stamping in Sydney. So NDVO took one day only to do this.

I submitted my passports on 7th September and now waiting to get them back. Thanks for your help guys.
Hello , I have a similar situation,I stay in India and my spouse stays in USA. We received PPR and got the Passport request letter asking me to submit all the passports to New delhi VO.
I submitted a VO change request for my spouse from NewDelhi to USA and mentioned that I still want to submit my passport in New Delhi.
In couple of hours I got a new letter in CIC asking me to submit the passports in NY. It didnt clearly mention my spouse name. It was adress to me like the original letter.
So now Can I go ahead and submit my passport to New delhi VO based on the original letter and ask my spouse to submit his passport to NY VO based on the new letter?

Pls advice on how you received your letter , when you changed VO ? Is it generically addressed to you ?

vkumar7077

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Has anyone changed VO for their spouse after PPR?
Did the second letter that they received in their CIC account mention that the VO office is specifically changed for Spouse alone. Or is it addressed to Main applicant?

vkumar7077

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Guys,

Good news!!! Just now I got mail from CPC Ottawa confirming my wife's VO change to LA. It took around 20 days to get this response.

@EricCartman - Yes, I requested after getting PPR.
Hi Mail , Did the letter that you received for your wife's VO change , addressed to you? or it specifically stated your wife's name.
For me , I asked CIC to change the VO of my spouse and leave my as it is. I got a new message with VO changed , but it is addressed to me asking to submit all the required passports. SO thinking what to do.

Adnac123

Jul 19, 2017
Hi Mail , Did the letter that you received for your wife's VO change , addressed to you? or it specifically stated your wife's name.
For me , I asked CIC to change the VO of my spouse and leave my as it is. I got a new message with VO changed , but it is addressed to me asking to submit all the required passports. SO thinking what to do.
Hello just wondering if you managed to finalize this and what decided on eventually

Jai0717

Oct 11, 2017
Guys, help needed, I have received PPR on 25th Oct and submitted passports on 30th Oct. since then the status is showing as "
Visa application, tracking ID No.************* is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, NEW DELHI. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website." I have a travel plan this month. has anybody had a similar situation and how many days they will take for processing. any help appreciated. Thank you.

zoika

Feb 22, 2017
Hi Guys,

Is anyone in the same boat as me.

My wife is primary applicant and me and my daughter are dependants.

Passport Request - New Delhi Visa Office.

I am in USA and hence i asked for a visa office change only for me.

My wife and daughter got their passports stamped from New Delhi VO.

CPC Updated the application asking me to submit my passport to Los Angeles consulate immigration section directly with the letter they uploaded in the application.

I submitted on Nov 2 with a self addressed envelope as stated but it is being 23 days now and no updates.

I am getting very worried as i am on an H1B and they should have mailed my passport via USPS by now.

zoika

Feb 22, 2017
Guys, help needed, I have received PPR on 25th Oct and submitted passports on 30th Oct. since then the status is showing as "
Visa application, tracking ID No.************* is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, NEW DELHI. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website." I have a travel plan this month. has anybody had a similar situation and how many days they will take for processing. any help appreciated. Thank you.
Some sort of delay is going on .My wife and daughter got their passports back after 15 days.

artmesh

Nov 30, 2016
Guys, I need to change my VO but I do not see any contact email address in the PPR letter that I downloaded from the cic system, do you get any more separate email that will mention the email address to contact should there be any changes in circumstances? I am told to send my passport to High Commission of Canada in Singapore, so I'm guessing my VO is SGVO

artmesh

Nov 30, 2016
Guys, I need to change my VO but I do not see any contact email address in the PPR letter that I downloaded from the cic system, do you get any more separate email that will mention the email address to contact should there be any changes in circumstances? I am told to send my passport to High Commission of Canada in Singapore, so I'm guessing my VO is SGVO
Help please, anyone?