+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Visa Office change request after PPR

damon88

Feb 6, 2018
Guys, i just received a confirmation from NY VAC after i submitted my docs after receiving PPR email from CIC 2 weeks ago.

I am a little confused with the visa type listed in this email (PVT),
What is a PVT type visa? I was expecting to see something like a COPR/PR etc.
--------------------------------
Anyone ?

wick865

Jul 13, 2017
Hi
I was wondering if anyone can help with a question regarding submitting spouse's passport from a different country. I am currently in Canada and will be able to submit my passport to CPC Ottawa as per my first ppr email (with Annex A). As my wife is in Bangladesh, I emailed cic and got another ppr email with Appendix B.

My question is, do I submit my passport with Annex A and my wife submit her passport using Appendix B or do we both have to use Appendix B?

Thanks in advance.

Elenyan

May 22, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-05-2018
AOR Received.
02-05-2018
Med's Done....
09-05-2018
Guys, i just received a confirmation from NY VAC after i submitted my docs after receiving PPR email from CIC 2 weeks ago.

I am a little confused with the visa type listed in this email (PVT),
What is a PVT type visa? I was expecting to see something like a COPR/PR etc.
----------------------------------
Tracking ID - xxx
Application Submitted: xxx
VAC Location: NYC
Document Delivery Method: Home Delivery
Air Waybill Number: xxx
Visa Type: PVT
Submission Method: Mail In
----------------------------------
By googling I have found this post

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pvt-visa-type.434572/

The last post there seems to answer the question.

Liznt

May 19, 2018
Hi all!

I applied visitor visa online on April 2 from Hanoi, Vietnam
I got a passport request letter I sent my passport to VFS in Hanoi, VN on May 10. (till now is 9days)
On the website they said my visa is on processing, I don't know how long does it takes to get my passport back, some people get it within a week or 2 weeks.

I'm currently hold a valid United States, and I have to go to the U.S (Hawaii) next week and I will stay there for a month, so now i'm thinking to collect my passport asap before my flight on May 24 and I should request a change of visa office, I will submit my passport to Canadian embassy while in the U.S.

However do I have to be there in person or I can sent my passport via post? coz I will be in Hawaii while the VFS in Los Angeles, New York... and when do I expect to have it back.

Pls help!
Should I delay my flight and wait till whenever they return my passport in VN?
Or should I just get my passport back and travel in the next 7 days?

er.shabeer87

Sep 2, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Hi Huys,

We (I and my wife) have applied for canada PR and im waiting for PPR. Currently, both of us are living in UAE but i my wife's visa is expiring in 2 weeks. So i am planning to send my wife back to India.

I understand that i can get my visa from UAE and wife's from India. Can we place this request before PPR?

May 30, 2018
Philippines
Yes, I dropped an email to Sydney embassy about the situation, I got the reply in one day. They changed my vo to delhi.

I got my PPR on Dec 20.
How's your change of visa? how long does LVO updated the change of your VO? I have received my PPR September 18, 2018 and sent an email to LVO for a request of change of visa office September 19, 2018.

May 30, 2018
Philippines
I have already sent a gentle reminder with cc to cpc Ottawa. And there is no option to call them. I only received an automated reply of the receipt of my mail.
How's your change of visa? how long does LVO updated the change of your VO? I have received my PPR September 18, 2018 and sent an email to LVO for a request of change of visa office September 19, 2018.

Oct 4, 2018
Hi db80,

I am in a similar situation. I got my PPR on Oct 4th and I was asked to send passport to Delhi Office. But I am working here in the US. Did the issue get resolved for you? I e-mailed CPC Ottawa and NVDO explaining them the situation and asking them if I can send the passport to local VO office.

Thanks,
Krishna
Hi Kajol, hope you see this. I am in exact same boat. Can you please tell me what CIC ottawa replied you. Please please
Plz tell i am also in same situation

jasonn

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
Visa Office......
CPC-O Toronto
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
Hi All,

My LVO is london but im from india. Just mailed both London VO and CPC Ottawa for LVO change to NDVO.
Any input would be appreciated. Is mailing them enough or CSE webform submission required?
How long does it take to get response?

Cheers

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi All,

My LVO is london but im from india. Just mailed both London VO and CPC Ottawa for LVO change to NDVO.
Any input would be appreciated. Is mailing them enough or CSE webform submission required?
How long does it take to get response?

Cheers
Just mail is enough, can take upto 7 days for a response.

Reactions: jasonn

jasonn

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
Visa Office......
CPC-O Toronto
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
Just mail is enough, can take upto 7 days for a response.
Thanks for the quick response.
Anyways i have mailed London VO, CPC-O and NDVO :) .. hopefully this gets sorted out real quick

funter28

May 20, 2015
Thanks for the quick response.
Anyways i have mailed London VO, CPC-O and NDVO :) .. hopefully this gets sorted out real quick
Hi @jasonn
you wrote to cpc-ottawa, LVO and NDVO. Can you please tell which visa office actually replied back to you. I also have same issue. My residence country is UAE but receive PPR letter from sgvo with their vfs details. Shall I write to SGVO only or to ottawa and Abu Dhabi as well for change of visa office?

jasonn

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
Visa Office......
CPC-O Toronto
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
Hi @jasonn
you wrote to cpc-ottawa, LVO and NDVO. Can you please tell which visa office actually replied back to you. I also have same issue. My residence country is UAE but receive PPR letter from sgvo with their vfs details. Shall I write to SGVO only or to ottawa and Abu Dhabi as well for change of visa office?
I have received immediate response from Bangalore Visa Office (1 day), Then Ottwa on mail (2 days), CSE (8 days) and NDVO never responded :)
Hope it helps.

India Bangalore embassy India -> "
Passport submission through the nearest Visa Application Centre will be accepted only where the office in question serves the applicant’s country of nationality or the country in which the applicant has been legally admitted for a period of at least one year.

Please ensure that a copy of the e mail requesting for passports is included with your passport."

Last edited:
Reactions: funter28