+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - POST GRADUATE WORK PERMIT REFUSED

STAYDOGGED

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Whats the outcome of your case of the person that got resusal after applying late? If yes i need to contact you.

My friend is on the same boat he applied for pgwp 11days after his study permit expired and got refused yesterday. He saw on cic website that student does not need valid study permit to apply for pgwp thus he took his time to get all document organised. And applied 11 daya after his study permit expired. Now after 95days cic gave the deciaion and as 90 days elapsed he can not restore his status either. It was a simple mistake from my friend as he applied himself and didnt know he had to apply for restoration with his pgwp work permit. Any suggestion guys?
I am in exactly the same situation as your friend. I am leaving the country to apply for my PGWP now. Keep me updated on the outcome of your friends PGWP application outside the country

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Reactions: Mithuncox

beatricebu

Jan 23, 2020
Hi there, kindly help out PGWP was refused the reason was that the requirement was not met because student must study Full Time without no time off in which I took time off due to some challenges in between.... I studied 1yr course at school. I got school letter, transcript and certificate was submitted with $255 payment. I was told to apply for restoration status because I applied for my work permit Oct 30 2019 I don’t know got 90days processing time, my study permit visa expires Nov 30th 2019 I got my certificate Oct 20th now am left with no status thinking will be approved for my work permit within the expiration time give or can I appeal or her lawyer to do the application towards the restoration and work permit again.
Please kindly suggest what to do because am really scared and I got no more status.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hi there, kindly help out PGWP was refused the reason was that the requirement was not met because student must study Full Time without no time off in which I took time off due to some challenges in between.... I studied 1yr course at school. I got school letter, transcript and certificate was submitted with $255 payment. I was told to apply for restoration status because I applied for my work permit Oct 30 2019 I don’t know got 90days processing time, my study permit visa expires Nov 30th 2019 I got my certificate Oct 20th now am left with no status thinking will be approved for my work permit within the expiration time give or can I appeal or her lawyer to do the application towards the restoration and work permit again.
Please kindly suggest what to do because am really scared and I got no more status.
Unfortunately since you were correctly refused according to the rules a lawyer will most likely just be a waste of time & money.

beatricebu

Jan 23, 2020
Unfortunately since you were correctly refused according to the rules a lawyer will most likely just be a waste of time & money.

What is the option or what steps to take about this? Am I going to get approved for the restoration status back as student then appeal again for the work permit with explanations towards the circumstances why I took off in school? Or what to do at this point. Is it paper work application or keep moving with the online like I did earlier! Please help because am worried and scared.

Emmanel

Jan 8, 2020
How sure are you about this? I’m in the same situation and I have left and re applied. I just need reassurances right now☹

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
With 4 part-time semesters, your chances are almost nil. You can certainly try again but expect refusal.
Hi ,my frnd got refusal for Pgwp because of 2 part semsters , because it was mandatory program and spots reached maximum capacity so she had to pick single single .what she can do now pls rply ? She atrached screen shot of college advisor regarding spots capacity reached and providede letter of explanation as well but still got refusal . Do she need to reapply or apply for further studies or LMIA or need to convert status in visitor . Can we do two applications at same time visitor and restoration of study permit .

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi ,my frnd got refusal for Pgwp because of 2 part semsters , because it was mandatory program and spots reached maximum capacity so she had to pick single single .what she can do now pls rply ? She atrached screen shot of college advisor regarding spots capacity reached and providede letter of explanation as well but still got refusal . Do she need to reapply or apply for further studies or LMIA or need to convert status in visitor . Can we do two applications at same time visitor and restoration of study permit .
Maintaining full time status with exceptional to the last semester is the requirement for PGWP. Regardless of the evidence attached, they will refuse again as thats a guidelines and it doesnt have an exemption when class enrollment reached capacity. There is no guarantee with LMIA and changing status to visitor what your friend want to achieve? restoration or? Only option is whether to apply under economic streams like EE or take program of study that costs time and money

Reactions: NAVNII

STAYDOGGED

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
No but as long as you qualify, it shouldn't be an issue.
so update june 2021
post graduate work permit was refused outside canada because submission was not done within 90days of completion of studies in canada and because submission was made after expiry of temporary resident visa.
This is strange because CIC regulation on the website clearly states that you have 180days after completion of studies.

what do you suggest can be done?