+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - POST GRADUATE WORK PERMIT REFUSED

Ash05

Oct 26, 2018
I did not included an application to restore my study permit, I guess I will apply for visitor then since my 90 days will be up tomorrow and I wont be able to manage restoration of study permit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I did not included an application to restore my study permit, I guess I will apply for visitor then since my 90 days will be up tomorrow and I wont be able to manage restoration of study permit.
Note that you will still need to include a restoration application with the visitor visa application.

Ash05

Oct 26, 2018
How about I send a paper application of restoration of study permit?
I am aware that I will have to send a restoration for my visitor visa.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Wow, This sounds horrible! I applied for my PGWP after expiration of my study permit cause I did not received my credentials. once I got it all cleared I applied within 90 days limit to apply for pgwp but I got refusal so, I re-apply a paper application for pgwp with a letter of explanation before 90 days.

Now,my 90 days are over tomorrow and I do not want to go to school again, should I apply for visitor or study permit with restoration fees or wait till I get answer from CIC which will be roughly 110 days from today?
You need to apply today for Restoration as a student AND a PGWP together. You need to pay $605, as explained in one of my previous posts.

Reactions: jaskarang13

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
If you let 90 days pass and miss the restoration window you will have to leave Canada. Also you must apply for PGWP within 90 days of completion so your window has passed.
So if you are within 90 days of restoration/PGWP apply for everything together online, now! Include an explanation letter of what you are doing. See previous posts for details.

Ash05

Oct 26, 2018
If you let 90 days pass and miss the restoration window you will have to leave Canada. Also you must apply for PGWP within 90 days of completion so your window has passed.
So if you are within 90 days of restoration/PGWP apply for everything together online, now! Include an explanation letter of what you are doing. See previous posts for details.
I did apply for PGWP within 90 days and upon receiving refusal I again applied for PGWP in 90 days.

Ash05

Oct 26, 2018
I couldn't apply online for some reason. How about I pay the restoration fees for student permit and fees for student permit for paper application today and mail application on Monday? or I do the same for visitors.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I did apply for PGWP within 90 days and upon receiving refusal I again applied for PGWP in 90 days.
But you aplied again without restoring your student status correct? If you dont have valid study permit it will be rejected again. I believe you need to apply for all 3 at once SP + Restoration + PGWP , while you are still elligable for each. Do it online, paper doesnt count until they receive it.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I couldn't apply online for some reason. How about I pay the restoration fees for student permit and fees for student permit for paper application today and mail application on Monday? or I do the same for visitors.
What are you trying to do exactly? If you become a visitor PGWP is gone.

hitchcox.1

Nov 15, 2018
I'm in a similar situation now unfortunately... I applied within 90 days of completion of program for PGWP but my online application form didn't prompt me to pay the open-work-permit-holder fee ($100) so I got my rejection letter on Oct 11th 2018 with the reason being that I hadn't paid the $100 fee . When I found out, I immediately paid the fee and attached the receipt via the IRCC web form. However, on Nov 9th I got a letter saying that my initial decision remains unchanged due to the reasons listed in the first letter.

How do I proceed from here? I spent 5 years studying here, paid Canadian taxes for 4 years and I have no criminal record. What are my options and how do I proceed? Am I eligible to apply for restoration + PGWP ($605) despite being past 90 days of completion of program?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I'm in a similar situation now unfortunately... I applied within 90 days of completion of program for PGWP but my online application form didn't prompt me to pay the open-work-permit-holder fee ($100) so I got my rejection letter on Oct 11th 2018 with the reason being that I hadn't paid the $100 fee . When I found out, I immediately paid the fee and attached the receipt via the IRCC web form. However, on Nov 9th I got a letter saying that my initial decision remains unchanged due to the reasons listed in the first letter.

How do I proceed from here? I spent 5 years studying here, paid Canadian taxes for 4 years and I have no criminal record. What are my options and how do I proceed? Am I eligible to apply for restoration + PGWP ($605) despite being past 90 days of completion of program?
Restoration is for expired study permit not for the 90 day after completion rule. What exactly are your timelines? When was your completion date, study permit expiry, when did you apply? Probably time to seek professional help.

hitchcox.1

Nov 15, 2018
I got confirmation of completion of degree reqs May 15 2018, and had my graduation on June 15 2018. I applied for PGWP Aug 10 2018. I got refusal letter October 11 2018. Then, I immediately paid the fee and submitted reconsideration request that day itself. On Nov 9 2018, I got reply saying that the initial decision remains unchanged for the same reasons as before. Previously, I had a study and work permit both expiring Sep 30 2018.
I am seeking professional help currently, but I'm trying to see what other options I may have, seeing as other people have experienced similar things.

moody16

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Hi all, my PGWP got rejected. Here's my story

- August 31st: applied for the PGWP
- November 5: IRCC requests official transcripts and certified degree completed. I provided those after a couple of days.
- November 19: I get a refusal letter from IRCC stating that I don't satisfy the requirements. It says that I "must have studied full-time continuously during my program".

I have had 2 semesters of part-time studies in the first year in college. Then 2 semesters of part-time in the 5-year undergraduate degree at university. I did not know about that rule back then (silly me). I still have 9 days to apply of the 90-day window. I'm currently seeking professional help too, but should I apply again for a PGWP in hopes it'll be reviewed by another officer and possibly get approved?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

- November 5: IRCC requests official transcripts and certified degree completed. I provided those after a couple of days.
- November 19: I get a refusal letter from IRCC stating that I don't satisfy the requirements. It says that I "must have studied full-time continuously during my program".

I have had 2 semesters of part-time studies in the first year in college. Then 2 semesters of part-time in the 5-year undergraduate degree at university. I did not know about that rule back then (silly me). I still have 9 days to apply of the 90-day window. I'm currently seeking professional help too, but should I apply again for a PGWP in hopes it'll be reviewed by another officer and possibly get approved?
With 4 part-time semesters, your chances are almost nil. You can certainly try again but expect refusal.

Reactions: scylla

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014

What does the lawyer say? Is the first college year really relevant to your PGWP application? Maybe consider not including it & try to explain the other 2 semesters maybe you will get lucky.