+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - POST GRADUATE WORK PERMIT REFUSED

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Maintaining full time status with exceptional to the last semester is the requirement for PGWP. Regardless of the evidence attached, they will refuse again as thats a guidelines and it doesnt have an exemption when class enrollment reached capacity. There is no guarantee with LMIA and changing status to visitor what your friend want to achieve? restoration or? Only option is whether to apply under economic streams like EE or take program of study that costs time and money
My daughter started studying in Canada last January 2020 (Winter Term). Unfortunately, due to pandemic, she experienced anxiety and mild depression which greatly affected her studies and got failed grades on her 4 subjects in the Fall Term 2020. Hence, she was advised to take only two subjects only for Winter Term 2021. Her study permit expired on April 30. Fortunately, her study permit was extended until July 2022 to retake the subjects she failed for Fall Term and take the lacking subjects for the Winter Term. My question is this: would the part-time status during the Winter Term 2020 affect her PGWP application if she decides to apply for it after her completion of the program on April 2022? Thank you for your reply :)

Emmanel

Jan 8, 2020
Did you get your visa
Yes I eventually did a couple of weeks ago. Now I have questions about whether or not I can travel to Canada and receive my work permit based on the current travel restrictions. Don’t see why not but need to make sure. Any replies would be helpful

STAYDOGGED

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Yes I eventually did a couple of weeks ago. Now I have questions about whether or not I can travel to Canada and receive my work permit based on the current travel restrictions. Don’t see why not but need to make sure. Any replies would be helpful
There will be no issues. Just go do the needful - ArriveCan, Vaccinated or isolation. I sent you a message kindly respond.