+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - POST GRADUATE WORK PERMIT REFUSED

monkaS555

Jan 23, 2019
You need to apply today for Restoration as a student AND a PGWP together. You need to pay $605, as explained in one of my previous posts.
Hi, I was looking for some advice about PGWP refused reason, I saw ur reply to other people, and I hope I can get some suggestion.

Two days ago, I got a refused letter from CIC that said " Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment if they submit an application within 90 days of issuance of notification that they have successfully completed all of the requirements for their course of studies or program. As your application was not mailed within the prescribed period of time, it has been determined that you are not eligible for a work permit in this category."
I have the official university certification letter on September 19th, it's the official grade posted date for the summer class. I apply the PGWP on November 1st, 42 days away from my official grade posted. my study permit is valid until 2019/07/01. all the documents and my university can prove I finish the study on September 19th.
TBH, I am still studying in early August and finish the final exam on August 15th. there is no way I have passed the 90 days limit.
can someone give me some advice on how to deal with this situation?

Muche

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Hi, I was looking for some advice about PGWP refused reason, I saw ur reply to other people, and I hope I can get some suggestion.

Two days ago, I got a refused letter from CIC that said " Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment if they submit an application within 90 days of issuance of notification that they have successfully completed all of the requirements for their course of studies or program. As your application was not mailed within the prescribed period of time, it has been determined that you are not eligible for a work permit in this category."
I have the official university certification letter on September 19th, it's the official grade posted date for the summer class. I apply the PGWP on November 1st, 42 days away from my official grade posted. my study permit is valid until 2019/07/01. all the documents and my university can prove I finish the study on September 19th.
TBH, I am still studying in early August and finish the final exam on August 15th. there is no way I have passed the 90 days limit.
can someone give me some advice on how to deal with this situation?
Did u do the online application

Muche

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
hey guys,

My PGWP application was refused because I applied 10 days after my study permit expired.

I arrived in Canada December of 2012, studied at SFU for over 5 years and graduated this April. In the last 5.5 years I not only studied and paid thousands of dollars in taxes to the government, I also worked here, met hundreds of people and most importantly made my life here. I gave over 5 years to Canada, to be "eligible" to find a career here. And now they want to kick me out because I applied 10 days too late?

Need help. Need advise. This sucks.
Hi how did it go on your application

jaskarang13

Feb 12, 2019
You need to apply today for Restoration as a student AND a PGWP together. You need to pay $605, as explained in one of my previous posts.
hi,
I am in the same situation and I am going to pursue my application with CIC with $605 fees option. need your advice on one or two things as follow:

1. do I need a new offer letter from DLI.
2. I am over 90 days after completing studies and no valid study permit .
3. explanation I know i need to attach, but forms i am not sure IMM5709(study permit) and IMM5710(PGWP) restoration
4 Fees $605 and all in paper application one package.

thanks.

Muche

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
hi,
I am in the same situation and I am going to pursue my application with CIC with $605 fees option. need your advice on one or two things as follow:

3. explanation I know i need to attach, but forms i am not sure IMM5709(study permit) and IMM5710(PGWP) restoration

thanks.
So yours was refused too,if so what was the reasona for refusal.You need to do the paper application and pay 605 and also to be safe just include the fee for biometrics

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hi,

thanks.
1. No.

2. Expect a refusal.

3. Yes, both forms. Restoration as a student.

4. Yes.

jaskarang13

Feb 12, 2019
1. No.

2. Expect a refusal.

3. Yes, both forms. Restoration as a student.

4. Yes.
Thanks For Reply.

Is that most appropriate way out from this situation or you suggest something else.

Does this Application have any chance of approval?

I Got Refused Because I was not able to attach my both pages of transcript as it has two and due to some technical error it included one only.

Now I have Degree, Transcripts and Completion Letter.

Anything Specific need to mention in Explanation and add in Application Package.