+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - POST GRADUATE WORK PERMIT REFUSED

jaskarang13

Feb 12, 2019
1. No.

2. Expect a refusal.

3. Yes, both forms. Restoration as a student.

4. Yes.
One More Question:

The only thing that I am not understanding is that in Study Permit Application, what I will be filling in "intent to study and details, of course, details of institute section"

As I do not have an offer letter and intention to study further, but that columns need to be filled to Validate Form.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
One More Question:

The only thing that I am not understanding is that in Study Permit Application, what I will be filling in "intent to study and details, of course, details of institute section"

As I do not have an offer letter and intention to study further, but that columns need to be filled to Validate Form.
Put in what you studied.

jaskarang13

Feb 12, 2019
Put in what you studied.
Thanks For Reply.

Is that most appropriate way out from this situation or you suggest something else.

Does this Application have any chance of approval?

I Got Refused Because I was not able to attach my both pages of transcript as it has two and due to some technical error it included one only.

Now I have Degree, Transcripts and Completion Letter.

Anything Specific need to mention in Explanation and add in Application Package.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks For Reply.

Is that most appropriate way out from this situation or you suggest something else.

I Got Refused Because I was not able to attach my both pages of transcript as it has two and due to some technical error it included one only.

Anything Specific need to mention in Explanation and add in Application Package.
You have no other option. Include a letter fully explaining the situation.

Muche

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Thanks For Reply.

Hey check the new rules u no longer need a valid study permit to apply for PGWP, there's a lot changes 14 FEB good news.

Akkil

Feb 15, 2019
Hello everyone

So according to new rules we dont need to apply for restoration before applying pgwp if study permut expired already ?

rfc_club

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
I don't know
Hello everyone

So according to new rules we dont need to apply for restoration before applying pgwp if study permut expired already ?
I don't know but if you apply when study permit valid, so you can wait and don't need to apply for restoration.
But in case study permit expires then you apply for PGWP, you need to include your application for change status (visitor).

Akkil

Feb 15, 2019
I don't know

I don't know but if you apply when study permit valid, so you can wait and don't need to apply for restoration.
But in case study permit expires then you apply for PGWP, you need to include your application for change status (visitor).
Actually coming to my situation I applied for pgwp Nov 28 2018 which is before 90days from the date I got my final transcript but its after 68 days of my study permit expiry I am still waiting for the reply of pgwp
According to new rule I have option untill feb 30(180days) if my pgwp rejects, am ready to apply but am wondering if I have to apply for restoration or not ?? Very confused situation but I cant blame anyone because it's my wrong decision I made which stood me here

rfc_club

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Actually coming to my situation I applied for pgwp Nov 28 2018 which is before 90days from the date I got my final transcript but its after 68 days of my study permit expiry I am still waiting for the reply of pgwp
I don't get it. So does it mean that you applied WP after your study permit expired ? If so you need include an application for restoration of status. Just ask an immigration lawyer and then include that application, hope that they will reconsider. In theory you need to apply for visitor visa before your study permit expires, however in this case just include the application and see.

Jassika

Feb 21, 2019
Hello Guys,

Please help my situation. I applied for my PGWP on May 10, 2019 with my official transcripts only. I did not get a completion letter bcoz I took an unofficial break (unauthorized break during a session) and I also started my study in canada 150 days after ariving in Canada. CIC is working on Mar 19, 2019 as of today.

In addition I heard that if your lawyer apply your PGWP, cic ask for completion letter to upload but if you apply by own own cic portal then you can only upload your transcripts. thats why i applied by my own account.

Will my PGWP be approved or they will ask for explatnation why I took that unauthorized break or they will refuse my PGWP. Also do they check randomly for these siutuations or they always check ? Also my acadamic standing was very good. Will they consider my grades?

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR IDEAS, WHAT WILL CIC' REPLY TO MY CASE?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hello Guys,

Please help my situation. I applied for my PGWP on May 10, 2019 with my official transcripts only. I did not get a completion letter bcoz I took an unofficial break (unauthorized break during a session) and I also started my study in canada 150 days after ariving in Canada. CIC is working on Mar 19, 2019 as of today.

In addition I heard that if your lawyer apply your PGWP, cic ask for completion letter to upload but if you apply by own own cic portal then you can only upload your transcripts. thats why i applied by my own account.

Will my PGWP be approved or they will ask for explatnation why I took that unauthorized break or they will refuse my PGWP. Also do they check randomly for these siutuations or they always check ? Also my acadamic standing was very good. Will they consider my grades?

Not sure I understand why you didn't include completion letter, if anything your transcripts are probably a bigger giveaway that you took a break.

Lawyers dont get extra upload fields everyone gets one you combine the docs and upload.

They wont ask for an explanation if they find out, it will be a rejection.
Grades are not part of the criteria but you never know how the officer looks at your case.

Reactions: scylla

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
What if the college made mistake in date on the Transcript and Degree completion letter ?
My friend graduated in April 2019, College gave him documents where the degree completion date was printed as Dec 2018.
My friend Applied with those docs in June 2019 and got refusal letter for not applying within 180 days and given 30 days to prove

What to do now?

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Hello Guys,

What is the documentary proof that your friend graduated in April 2019 and not Dec 2019 ?

Without the documentary proof he cannot proceed any further .
If he manages a documentary proof by way of new documents or a clarification from the university , he can apply for pgwp from outside or inside Canada ( depending on the current validity of his student visa ) if it is within 180 days .

If 180 days have elapsed then try to have the old rejected file reopened ( Not sure , if this can work out ). Alternatively just apply for pgwp clearly explaining the situation and the reason why you are applying late ( Again , I don't know if this will work out ).

Best wishes to your friend .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Whats the outcome of your case of the person that got resusal after applying late? If yes i need to contact you.

My friend is on the same boat he applied for pgwp 11days after his study permit expired and got refused yesterday. He saw on cic website that student does not need valid study permit to apply for pgwp thus he took his time to get all document organised. And applied 11 daya after his study permit expired. Now after 95days cic gave the deciaion and as 90 days elapsed he can not restore his status either. It was a simple mistake from my friend as he applied himself and didnt know he had to apply for restoration with his pgwp work permit. Any suggestion guys?
It is quite clear that while a study permit is not required, valid status is. He needed to change his status to visitor instead of just letting his study permit expire.

He needs to leave Canada and apply for the PGWP from his own country.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for your comment, does he has no option with in the country?

Also if he apply from back home what are the chances?
No. He is beyond the point of being able to legalize his status within Canada.

Provided he meets the PGWP requirements, his chances are fine.