urgent help! I get rejected

kidbroker

Feb 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 1st 2016
OhWow said:
Don't talk about emotions... I have never experienced so many extremes at once: extreme fear, extreme anger, but most of all, extreme sadness, and then, all of a sudden, you feel relaxed again, because you are hoping for the very best. I have always lived my life according to the books and never done anything wrong. I wish, CIC will notice that. I even provided more information than I needed and always kept my file up to date whenever there was a little change in my situation. Sometimes, I had the feeling I was annoying CIC with my updates, but I just wanted to be as inclusive and honest as possible.
;D I understand your feeling 100%! Keep up the good attitude and the society will reward you.

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
kidbroker said:
;D I understand your feeling 100%! Keep up the good attitude and the society will reward you.
See, this is what I am afraid of. I have really worked my way up in Canada and society did reward me so far. Many people noticed that I am a hard and honest worker, offer me jobs, and like to work with me. It's hard for me to tell them right now that I cannot do anything about my situation but wait, and I feel like I am disappointing them and everything is crumbling down that I worked so hard for. I have finally reached the end of my journey and made my long-term goal and dream come true and get the respect I worked hard for. And then the refusal. :( I love Canada and especially the people here, who still value hard work and your thirst for knowledge and improving yourself. Thank you very much for your support. :) I hope, everything works out for everyone.

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
The worst thing the immigration lawyer asked me was if I was in a common-law relationship? No. In my had I thought "Seriously?!" ... I mean, he did not make a direct suggestion, but I knew what he was thinking about. I told him, I WORK for my dream, I don't go the easy way and have somebody sponsor me. That's not a life achievement at all that I can be proud of! Especially after all the work and struggle I have been through. Some people have the weirdest ideas.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zareef said:
Really sorry to hear that!

You are correct, only duties matter. Your VO thniks most of your duties are "congruent to NOC 2173" - so he believes you really worked as a Software Engineer.

Here's the trickier bit - note the bold part in the quote above. Even if you could prove that you worked as a QA tester, your work permit authorized you to work as a Software Engineer only - so you'd be in breach of the conditions of your permit.

I suggest you get some professional help from a good immigration lawyer. Good luck!
My company have no software tester tile , only have software developer , the only think I can do now , is My manager agree to write an explanation letter for me about this title stuff, do you thin that will help ?

I can't afford a lawyer. however.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BlessedSherry said:
8) sorry to hear, can't believe cic is doing this after almost 2 years, what did rest of email say, is it straight rejection or do they give you 30 days or something to respond?
directly rejcect . I can't find any clue about 30 days .

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
yixiaop26 said:
My company have no software tester tile , only have software developer
Like I said, this is a weird thing from your company. If you perform the duties of a tester and you are in the QA department, then they DO hire testers. There is no such thing as "not having titles". As I said in a previous post, your comany has no clue how to name positions correctly as it seems. But this happens a lot. Companies just have no idea how much trouble their laziness will cost to immigrants. :-X Which is also one reason why the NOC system does not make a lot of sense. I think, it would be so much safer to simply write the job title on the permit, not a general NOC class.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
madlouni said:
I am so sad to hear that! You need to act fast and accordingly.

Step 1:
- You need a letter from your company that proves duties matches with NOC2283 not NOC2173 (title does not matter since every company give you different title for same job )

Step 2:
- If your company HR person is nice or your direct manager, explain the situation to them so they can write a supporting document/letter saying that you are working and your duties fall under NOC2283

Step 3:
- Send an email to CIC (depending on which office your application is at, if Ottawa send to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca) explaining that you need to submit supporting documents about your NOC and duties and your work experience that you did not work "illegally" in a different position as what your work permit says AND you meet the NOC2283 duties

Step 4:
- Send all supporting documents supporting your application with a nice cover letter targeting the officer personally, he is a human at the end, and describe how sad you are if you have to leave the country and that you really appreciate him/her considering the supporting documents attached

Step 5:
- Good luck

Thanks for your reply :

if so , How to explain , my previous letter, all of them think it is 2283 , I collect all the feed back from this forum . How to improve it ?

I can't find clue about the officer name however. I will try again .

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OhWow said:
Send a "registered mail" letter to CIC personally to...

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West, 7th floor, section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada

...so you can track it.

I also worked under NOC 2283 and the immigration officer evaluated the wrong NOC on my permit. I sent them all the evidence that I was admitted to come to Canada as a tester and also applied for a permit as a tester at the border. My file has been re-opened and is now back in process. I am hoping for the best, because I did everything right. Sometimes, other people's mistakes can make your life hell. Provide the evidence that you are an honest and truthful applicant. I understand, it's devastating. Good luck.
what's mean registered letter ? a normal letter to this place ? not email ? it will take days to arrive ?

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kidbroker said:
CIC has not been very fair to us law abiding applicants, especially in the CEC category. I am very sad to hear this news for both of you, CIC should notify you this situation earlier in the process.
As an International student/worker who has been in Canada for 9 years, I know how bad you must feel now.
Keep us updated, together we should be able to figure out a way to solve this problem.

Also, you should not reject the option to hire a lawyer before any consultation (usually free), maybe it does not cost that much.

it is not expensive , I would like have a try , but they say need 10k , so same as denied .

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
yixiaop26 said:
what's mean registered letter ? a normal letter to this place ? not email ? it will take days to arrive ?
A letter you will get a signature for when it arrives at CIC's office. You can track the letter on canadapost.ca or whatever service you send it with with a tracking number. That way you have evidence that they received your papers. It's safe.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OhWow said:
This was exactly my issue. My permit shows the wrong NOC. I provided CIC with my immigration papers that I presented at the border, which clearly said I arrived as a "tester" and applied for a permit as a "tester" then, of course. I also told the officer at the border once more what exactly I was doing. I have no clue why he gave me the wrong NOC in the end, but some officers are not very familiar with certain jobs, I suppose, no matter how well you explain them. My file had been re-opened. I am hoping for the best. I don't understand why honest people who arrive with the best intentions always end up in such situations. :(

A former colleague of mine also told me about a similar situation she was facing. The worked as a tester and the CBSA officer wrote Web Developer on her permit. She knew a lot about immigration rules and noticed it herself.

do you ask you lawyer to reopen it ? or you just mail it , then it reopened. or else ? all you done just mail ? no email ?

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kidbroker said:
Don't let emotion to get the best of you, as many people may encounter similar issue before.
Right now, all you need to do is asking CIC to reopen this case at a minimum cost.
Hiring a lawyer as a last resort.

how to ask CIC to reopen , email to who ?

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
yixiaop26 said:
do you ask you lawyer to reopen it ? or you just mail it , then it reopened. or else ? all you done just mail ? no email ?
I sent a letter for reconsideration myself explaining the situation + evidence. The lawyer only wanted my money.

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
yixiaop26 said:
My company have no software tester tile , only have software developer , the only think I can do now , is My manager agree to write an explanation letter for me about this title stuff, do you thin that will help ?

I can't afford a lawyer. however.
Just trying to understand your situation, so you came to Canada with a closed work permit based on an arranged employment with your current employer -- the original job offer was for the same role you claimed experience for in your CEC application -- and the misleading job title written in the work permit was based on your title being 'software developer' and not based on the duties you were originally hired for, correct?

Btw, I think OhWow was in a similar situation. I'd try to get in touch with him personally and try to understand what he did, if I were you.