+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent help! I get rejected

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have noted that you declared work experience in NOC 2283 Information systems testing technicians from 2013-08-19 to 2014-08-02 with XXX. This is Skill Level B.
I note your declared title to be “Staff Software Developer”.
Based on the duties in the employer reference letter, I am not satisfied that you performed the actions described in the lead statement a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties for NOC 2283 Information systems testing technicians.
The duties are congruent to NOC 2173 Software engineers and designers which is a Skill Level A.
I note the conditions on your work permit state that you are only authorized to work in the occupation “Software engineers”
You are required to have Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLBs) of at least 5 for NOC B occupations and a CLB of at least 7 for NOC 0 or A occupations. As your individual scores indicate that you have not met the CLB in the profession you were assessed in, you do not meet the official language requirement as defined in section 87.1(2)(d) of the Regulations.
We invite you to review the equivalence of the individual scores with the CLB at the following link:

all my duties is belong to 2283 what should I do ?

my company don't have title for QA , all of us belong software engineer .

vikasshr

Star Member
Oct 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2015
Med's Request
12 Feb 2016
Med's Done....
19 Feb 2016
Interview........
RRPF paid Upfront
Passport Req..
18 March 2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-Apr 2016
LANDED..........
30-Apr 2016
yixiaop26 said:
I have noted that you declared work experience in NOC 2283 Information systems testing technicians from 2013-08-19 to 2014-08-02 with XXX. This is Skill Level B.
I note your declared title to be “Staff Software Developer”.
Based on the duties in the employer reference letter, I am not satisfied that you performed the actions described in the lead statement a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties for NOC 2283 Information systems testing technicians.
The duties are congruent to NOC 2173 Software engineers and designers which is a Skill Level A.
I note the conditions on your work permit state that you are only authorized to work in the occupation “Software engineers”
You are required to have Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLBs) of at least 5 for NOC B occupations and a CLB of at least 7 for NOC 0 or A occupations. As your individual scores indicate that you have not met the CLB in the profession you were assessed in, you do not meet the official language requirement as defined in section 87.1(2)(d) of the Regulations.
We invite you to review the equivalence of the individual scores with the CLB at the following link:

all my duties is belong to 2283 what should I do ?

my company don't have title for QA , all of us belong software engineer .
Hi Seems like your CELPIP score is less

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vikasshr said:
Hi Seems like your CELPIP score is less
yes, I only quality for B .

but my duties is really only 2283, I am 100% sure I only doing 2283 duties.

I only test one time IELTS , if I know I have to apply 2173 based just title , I will try more and apply 2173 , but everyone say only duties matters .

so I think apply 2173 will be failed.

torcan14

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/08/2014
AOR Received.
17/10/2014
Med's Request
19/03/2016
Hi,

What is your timelines and were you under second review?

May be you can take the test again or meet a lawyer and he can sort things out for you.

kesavan4321

Star Member
Jan 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yixiaop26 said:
do you know how to reopen it ? except ask a Lawyer . should I email now ?
Your CEC experience is from closed WP or PGWP? you can reopen the file by sending all supporting docs you think it will support your file.

luciano_ca

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
03-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
22-03-2016
I would recommend you to contact a lawyer who is specialized in immigration as soon as possible. Show the lawyer your application and all letters and see whether you can appeal it and ask for your application to be re-examined under the NOC 2283. You may also need another letter from your employer. The lawyer may help you with that too.

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
Ask for reconsideration and provide evidence that you truly worked under NOC 2283. They might re-open your file. Did you work as a QA TESTER? If you worked as TESTER, then your company should say that. A company cannot simply say "We don't have this or that job title." It seems to me they simply don't know anything about naming conventions, or in other words, do they know themselves what type of jobs they are offering?! If you performed the duties of a tester, then you're a tester. Some companies really don't know anything!! Especially the HR departments know nothing sometimes. Try to get a letter from a project manager or somebody else in charge of your department you worked close with. Do you still have a copy of your immigration papers that you gave the officer at the border to get your work permit? Which job title does it have on it? And which NOC is on your permit?

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
You can get am updated letter from your company highlighting duties that match more closely with 2283. Also on the letter they can mention it falls under this specific category and the title is software engineer cause thats a generic one company assigns to everyone performing similar roles...

get a letter properly written and vetted by a lawyer and apply for reconsideration..

hopefully it works out in your favor!

luciano_ca

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
03-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
22-03-2016
Here you can find the information about the NOC 2283:

http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=2283&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
luciano_ca said:
Here you can find the information about the NOC 2283:

http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=2283&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4
Use this website. It has a bit of more information http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/qc/job_futures/statistics/2283.shtml

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OhWow said:
Ask for reconsideration and provide evidence that you truly worked under NOC 2283. They might re-open your file. Did you work as a QA TESTER? If you worked as TESTER, then your company should say that. A company cannot simply say "We don't have this or that job title." It seems to me they simply don't know anything about naming conventions, or in other words, do they know themselves what type of jobs they are offering?! If you performed the duties of a tester, then you're a tester. Some companies really don't know anything!! Especially the HR departments know nothing sometimes. Try to get a letter from a project manager or somebody else in charge of your department you worked close with. Do you still have a copy of your immigration papers that you gave the officer at the border to get your work permit? Which job title does it have on it? And which NOC is on your permit?

yes, my job is QA totally, 100% , I never coding . so, you case reopened, by lawyer or by email to CIC , which is is the email address ?

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OhWow said:

my work permit have no NOC only a title software engineer .

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mesumrizvi said:
You can get am updated letter from your company highlighting duties that match more closely with 2283. Also on the letter they can mention it falls under this specific category and the title is software engineer cause thats a generic one company assigns to everyone performing similar roles...

get a letter properly written and vetted by a lawyer and apply for reconsideration..

hopefully it works out in your favor!

how to apply for reconsideration ? to who ? do you know ?