+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Biometrics in USA in USCIS center

sathya.vasudevan11

Jul 9, 2020
Hi,

Can anyone tell how long does it take to get an approval after we submit the Letter to Expedite?
My Application Time Lines are below.

WP : May 22 from US
Bio Metrics : July 21

Now i have moved to India and have updated the same on the application.
Employer has provided the letter to expedite, hence would like to know the time frame for an response after we submit the letter.

Ryerson2020

Star Member
May 6, 2020
anyone one from this group got passport submission request from LA VFS. I can see below message on their website.

• The CVAC in “Los Angeles” is closed to the public, but will provide Passport Submission services with effect from 14th September 2020 Applicants are requested to send their passports to the CVAC by mail or using a courier service. Submission of passports in-person at the CVAC is not permitted until further notice. Use the link under “Submit passport and other documents” for instructions on sending your passport to the CVAC by mail using CVAC approved courier service.

Krdk

Jul 14, 2020
I received my passport request last week. Below is my timeline. Application was filed under GSS
Applicatiin submission: June 4th
Biometrics submission: July 28th
Correspondence and passport request : Oct 8th

Reactions: brb2288

Ryerson2020

Star Member
May 6, 2020
I received my passport request last week. Below is my timeline. Application was filed under GSS
Applicatiin submission: June 4th
Biometrics submission: July 28th
Correspondence and passport request : Oct 8th
did u get for LA office?

Adith3ya

Oct 12, 2020
Hey guys, just got the biometrics letter from IRCC. I am looking to book an appointment at USCIS Seattle ASC but seems like no appointments available. Am I the only one facing this issue?
1. How far ahead does this let us schedule?
2. When is the usual time slot when appointments become available?

baa_at

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Hey guys, just got the biometrics letter from IRCC. I am looking to book an appointment at USCIS Seattle ASC but seems like no appointments available. Am I the only one facing this issue?
1. How far ahead does this let us schedule?
2. When is the usual time slot when appointments become available?
Try to call them and see if they anything available in seattle or may be you will have to try another nearest office which might be open

Adith3ya

Oct 12, 2020
Try to call them and see if they anything available in seattle or may be you will have to try another nearest office which might be open
@baa_at I did. I called the customer care. It was a wait of 90 minutes after which she said that she won't be able to provide any sort of contact information for the office (even email). All she did was point to the canada immigration website. So, was wondering if people knew if Seattle ASC is closed or if dates will open up.

baa_at

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
@baa_at I did. I called the customer care. It was a wait of 90 minutes after which she said that she won't be able to provide any sort of contact information for the office (even email). All she did was point to the canada immigration website. So, was wondering if people knew if Seattle ASC is closed or if dates will open up.
I just checked ASC site for seattle office and now its showing availability, please book it soon

baa_at

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
People from India those waiting for sending the Passport to stamping see below -

IRCC is now sending courier instructions to clients who previously received a passport request letter. If you receive this letter via email, follow the instructions to submit the letter with your valid passport. Do not submit your passport without this letter. If you submit your passport without a genuine courier instruction letter, which has a unique client code, your passport will not be processed and will be returned to you at your own expense. VACs remain closed for the health and safety of clients and staff. This 2-way courier service is the first step towards resuming some VAC services in India. More details to come as we monitor the situation.

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/news/courier-instructions?fbclid=IwAR2yr8rAfJtPKQjpmzswYfB4LxIuKoiHFHnWfNmMhEQQGG4OxtDfBZkrmk4

Krdk

Jul 14, 2020
Did anyone travel to Canada from US with family ? Do we need authorization letter for dependants traveling with work permit holder ?

PravinDeo

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Did anyone travel to Canada from US with family ? Do we need authorization letter for dependants traveling with work permit holder ?
From USA no. nothing required. they will verify passport and Work Permit approval lettters at airport.
From Other country yes, auth letter required.