+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UBC , University Of Ottawa and Memorial University of Newfoundland. Fall 2016.

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
Did you had your undergrad from a university , where the medium of instruction is english?
If yes then you might have a change , talk to the grad admission department in all these universities.

allancmm

Aug 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kool.keith said:
Did you had your undergrad from a university , where the medium of instruction is english?
If yes then you might have a change , talk to the grad admission department in all these universities.
No, unfortunatelly not. I know that this situation (getting into without filling the English requirements) is common in colleges, I just don't know about universities. My idea was to apply right now and keep studying until start the course. By that time, my English would be enough to achieve the grade I need. :(

Hassan1991

Nov 19, 2015
with 3.4/4 GPA, you should get into Memorial University and University of Western Ontario pretty easily even in research based programs that are fully funded. BC and Alberta are top notch schools so your chances of getting into those schools might be slim. Your GPA and pretty but you might wanna apply for MEng program just in case.

My GPA is 2.82/4 and I was considering applying to a college as well just so I have a backup plan.

allancmm

Aug 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hassan1991 said:
with 3.4/4 GPA, you should get into Memorial University and University of Western Ontario pretty easily even in research based programs that are fully funded. BC and Alberta are top notch schools so your chances of getting into those schools might be slim. Your GPA and pretty but you might wanna apply for MEng program just in case.

My GPA is 2.82/4 and I was considering applying to a college as well just so I have a backup plan.
How about Carleton university and university of Ottawa? Do you think I have chance to get into?

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Hassan1991 said:

I assume that you don't fully understand how the MASc/Meng program works. Some Universities give you funding for one and some universities for the other, depending on the institution. Just because they give you funding for MASc doesn't mean it's harder to get it into than Meng and vice versa. And also you can get into the program that has funding and get admission without any funding.
So I don't understand why you want me to consider applying to a Meng program.

And my fallback is MUN. Because I think I have a really good chance of getting in.

re3dv

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2016
IELTS Request
25-02-2016
File Transfer...
26-02-2016
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
31-03-2016
Interview........
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2016
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
My research about admissions in most common Canadian universities has revealed that the admissions in thesis based programs are primarily based on ur research history and ur future research plans and ideas (a supervisor in these programs need to be identified before applying). GPA in this case comes secondary (but it still should be good i.e. 3.3+). The admissions in course based programs are primarily on GPA. If ur GPA is atleast 3.0 u will pretty much get admission in alot of universities in course based programs including carleton,mannitoba,victoria,memorial, regina (although this uni is quite unpredictable in their acceptance decisions), concordia,windsor,lakehead. Admissions in university of Ottawa depends on the department to which u r applying. Some departments in Ottawa are quite competitive. If ur gpa is in 2.7 to 3.0 range then Memorial is the best bet and then windsor.

re3dv

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2016
IELTS Request
25-02-2016
File Transfer...
26-02-2016
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
31-03-2016
Interview........
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2016
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
And its not a question of MASc or MENG...funding is actually a question of whether u get admission in course based or research based.
MASc in memorial is course based and MENG is research based
while in all other universities the terminology used for the two programs is opposite i.e. MASc for research and MENG for course based
it is my understanding that none of the universities provide graduate funding for course based programs...sure there r scholorships that u can apply for upon acceptance but course based programs never get graduate funding as entrance scholorship (only research based programs get this kind of funding)

apurva31

Dec 6, 2015
Admission in Memorial University of Newfoundland. Fall 2016. M. Ed Educational

I would like to apply for M. Ed - Educational Leadership Studies (Full Time course) in Memorial University

My credentials are mentioned below:

BED- 2010- Education- 75%
B. Com- 2009- Commerce-58%
XII- 2006- Commerce- 69.40%
X- 2004- English- 77.4%

IELTS- 7

Presently, i am working as Primary School Teacher from last 5 years in India. During this period i attended several program/ workshops conducted by British Council and also attended an educational trip to NASA.

I got less % in my Grad still there is any chance to get admission in MUN..?

span

Oct 10, 2015
I wish to apply for UBC, Msc in CS program ( Deadline 15th dec). They need me to apply Transcripts online while applying. I am yet to apply for transcripts from my previous University and just came to know that it would take around 10 days for them to send me transcripts. This means I would not be able to apply as 10 days from now would be past the deadline given by UBC. However, I have my consolidated mark sheet showing my grades for the entire UG Course. Can I apply by scanning consolidated Mark sheet and later send hardcopy of transcripts ( if i get accepted), as it is stated in their website that we would require to send hardcopy of our transcripts once we get accepted. Please help me.
Thanks.

denmanveer

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Jalandhar, Punjab
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
IELTS Request
01-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2016
LANDED..........
Soon
Sparsha said:
@Helina93

Cool!.. I'm planning to apply this week mostly to-
1) University of Victoria
2) Carleton University
3) University of Ottawa

I would apply to University of Manitoba later in the month... I have taken universities emphasizing on location(Ontario), reputation and fees. I think Ms in CS with co-op is best (conclusion based on my research so far!)

Is GRE a must for MUN university?

@span

You may also consider the universities -
1) University of Victoria - low fees
2) Carleton University
3) University of Ottawa
4) University of Manitoba - affordable
Bro can u share your profile,
Actually I am also planning to apply for Fall'16 in uOttawa for Master Of Computer Science-coop and M.Eng. In ECE.

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
span said:
I wish to apply for UBC, Msc in CS program ( Deadline 15th dec). They need me to apply Transcripts online while applying. I am yet to apply for transcripts from my previous University and just came to know that it would take around 10 days for them to send me transcripts. This means I would not be able to apply as 10 days from now would be past the deadline given by UBC. However, I have my consolidated mark sheet showing my grades for the entire UG Course. Can I apply by scanning consolidated Mark sheet and later send hardcopy of transcripts ( if i get accepted), as it is stated in their website that we would require to send hardcopy of our transcripts once we get accepted. Please help me.
Thanks.
Of course you can do that... It precisely says on the website that you can attatch unofficial documents/transcripts and send them the original once you are able to or get admission.

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
denmanveer said:
Bro can u share your profile,
Actually I am also planning to apply for Fall'16 in uOttawa for Master Of Computer Science-coop and M.Eng. In ECE.
First of all, I am no bro ;D

My profile -
UG -73%
12th - 93%
10- 83%
IELTS -7.5
4.6 years of IT experience.
I have already to uOttawa for MS in CS (Course Work, Co-op option can be taken after the 1st sem, based on your academic performance) though for Fall 2016..

@Helina

Have you applied for University of Ottawa yet? I have just done it... Should we send over the documents to the university or will they give any further information to upload the supporting documents!

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Sparsha said:
@Helina

Have you applied for University of Ottawa yet? I have just done it... Should we send over the documents to the university or will they give any further information to upload the supporting documents!
I haven't finished my application yet, and I can almost say I'm positive that you won't be receiving any information from them, just go ahead and send them your supporting documents

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Helina93 said:
I haven't finished my application yet, and I can almost say I'm positive that you won't be receiving any information from them, just go ahead and send them your supporting documents
Whoa!... Thanks for the information... I have also applied for Carleton Univ, and they have send me details to upload the required docs in the portal. Since UOttawa has a similar patch up with Carleton, I have expected the same. I shall wait till the weekend ad forward my docs to them... It's pretty confusing a bit though... :(

It is given as-
"Step 8 - mail or courier all required documents to the academic unit at the University of Ottawa, including:
All transcripts (in separate, sealed envelopes).
Additional required materials such as a statement of interest, a written work, a resume.
If applicable, additional requirements regarding English language competency and included a photocopy of your test score."

I think I shall send my transcripts through courier to them and the remaining docs can be mailed to the Email: grad.admission@uOttawa.ca
I believe this should suffice the requirement. What do you suggest @Helina93?

span

Oct 10, 2015
Hi !

Did any one apply for UBC?? It is mentioned in their site that I need to send IELTS score must be sent electronically to UBC graduate admissions office. But I took IELTS throUGH idp and in their STED_RO list there was oly UBC faculty of education and now they r refusing to send score electronically to Universities and departments not in ther sted_ro list. What to do now please help??
Thanks,
Span