+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UBC , University Of Ottawa and Memorial University of Newfoundland. Fall 2016.

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Hi everyone!!

I'm applying to UBC, Memorial University of Newfoundland and University of Ottawa for my masters in Civil Engineering for Fall 2016.

I'm still completing my degree in civil engineering with a 3.4/4.0 GPA so far, in Ethiopia.
I'm yet to take IELTS in February.

I haven't read a post about Fall 2016 and admission deadlines are super close which is why I'm posting this.

Hope we can help each other out with admission inquiries and so on.

Cheers!!

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Helen,

I think it's not too early for Fall 2016 posts to come in, but I hardly find any here in this forum. I am also applying for Fall 2016 for Masters in Computer Science in Canadian universities.

I hope some people get looped in to help us gather information about the universities. Have you applied for the listed universities? I think deadline for UBC is already over.

Thanks in advance!

re3dv

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2016
IELTS Request
25-02-2016
File Transfer...
26-02-2016
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
31-03-2016
Interview........
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2016
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
No its not early. Although university of Ottawa and Memorial University both have rather late admission deadlines. I myself have applied already to Memorial university and Regina University for fall 2016 admission. Am planning to apply to concordia sometimes next week. Its never to early to apply especially for the visa students.

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
Hi

My profile Btech in CS 62% from India
Work experience 3.5 years
Toefl - 79

Can I apply to Memorial uni ?
I see that they need minimum 80 toefl

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
@Sparsha

I've already applied to MUN and yes the deadline was November 1st.
as for UBC they extended their deadline to January 30th.. I guess they didn't have many applicants this year.

I've already began my application to UBC, University of Ottawa, University of Western Ontario and University of Alberta which I'll be submitting next week hopefully.

@kool.keith

Since, it says 80 on their website they might be lenient for 79 but since 62% is approximately a 2.5 average and MUN asks for a 2.75, I suggest that you take the toefl again and get a better score so it may somehow help you get admission with the lower GPA.

hope I somehow helped :)

Let me know if you guys have any questions with the applications or admission processes to schools I'm applying to, I'll do my best to help :)

span

Oct 10, 2015
Hi everyone!

Ive done Bachelors in Electronics and communication engineering in india with 7.5 cgpa. Im looking to do masters in CS.Could u suggest some universities that I would most likely get accepted into?

Additionally, I dont have any papers published nor did I have attended any conferences, but Ive got 8 months work experience and 4 months internship. Any help would really be appreciated. Ive tried asking before, but no one seems to be interested to answer. Definitely people who got admit would be in a position to help me. Please spare couple of minutes

Span.

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
@span
Hey! I haven't been admitted yet, but I would suggest

i. Cenntenial College
ii. Memorial University Of Newfoundland
iii. Flemming College
iv. Cambrian College
v. University of Regina
vi. University of Manitoba
vii. University of Victoria

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
And also I updated the schools I'm applying to...

By choice
1. University of British Columbia
2. University of Alberta
3. University of Ottawa
4. University of Western Ontario
5. Memorial of Newfoundland

(I know I know, they're a lot and a bit of a stretch as well... but go hard or go home right?)

Let me know if anyone is applying to these schools, so we can conversate :D

span

Oct 10, 2015
@Helina thanks. Im planning to apply to UBC too . Although i have very slim chances of getting accepted. :(

nithinrokzabc

Nov 29, 2015
First of all let me say this. I'm new to this forum. Kindly help me in choosing the best university according to my profile.
Btech in Mechanical : 71% 73 % in the last two years, 10th 84.3, 12th 79 %.

I have shortlisted some univs

Univ of Manitoba
Univ of Saskatchewan
Memorial Univ
Simon Fraser University

I looking or Mengg course , but in Saskatchewan a supervisor is required even for Mengg program.. So any possible ways to get in touch with a potential supervisor, emails aren't working much.

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Helina93

Cool!.. I'm planning to apply this week mostly to-
1) University of Victoria
2) Carleton University
3) University of Ottawa

I would apply to University of Manitoba later in the month... I have taken universities emphasizing on location(Ontario), reputation and fees. I think Ms in CS with co-op is best (conclusion based on my research so far!)

Is GRE a must for MUN university?

@span

You may also consider the universities -
1) University of Victoria - low fees
2) Carleton University
3) University of Ottawa
4) University of Manitoba - affordable