+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UBC , University Of Ottawa and Memorial University of Newfoundland. Fall 2016.

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
@nithin

I think the all the schools you mentioned are good but I think Simon Fraser is a little too notch when selecting students...

@Sparsha

Ottawa is relatively a good state for new students who are moving from different countries as it's not isolated and is very culturally diverse.
And MUN does not require GRE just your transcript, and English Proficiency results other than the online application of course.

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Helina93

Thanks for your inputs... Any more insights about the below universities, which you might like to share -
1) University of Victoria
2) Carleton University
3) University of Ottawa
4) University of Manitoba

Thanks in advance!

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
@Sparsha

You and I have University of Ottawa in common, so that's the only school I can give you input on as I've done my research. And as I said before Ottawa, ON is a great place to move to... And Uottawa has many many students coming in from different parts of the world which makes it easy to fit in. Overall it has a great reputation in the educational background as well and is ranked 8-16 by many university ranking websites.
As for Carleton University they have a lot in common with Uottawa and many joint programs as well, so I'm guessing they have similar inputs towards students when it comes to education and general management.

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
Hey Guys

I got in touch with grad admissions at Memorial Uni they told me that they require an aggregate of 69% in undergrad for admission in Master's program in Computer Science, but unfortunately I have 62% in my bachelor of technology degree.

Can you suggest that I can apply here ? is there any possibility that they can accept my application for the program ?

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
I definitely think you should give it a try...
Many universities don't stick to their "strict rules", plus I read on their website that there are some cases where they accept students who have grades less than 2.75...

Just make sure to write a great SOP and resumé, and most importantly get your previous teachers or professors to write you really good recommendation letters.

Punit Mehra

Jun 9, 2014
nithinrokzabc said:
First of all let me say this. I'm new to this forum. Kindly help me in choosing the best university according to my profile.
Btech in Mechanical : 71% 73 % in the last two years, 10th 84.3, 12th 79 %.

I have shortlisted some univs

Univ of Manitoba
Univ of Saskatchewan
Memorial Univ
Simon Fraser University

I looking or Mengg course , but in Saskatchewan a supervisor is required even for Mengg program.. So any possible ways to get in touch with a potential supervisor, emails aren't working much.
Hi...I'm also from mechanical and wanted to ask if you can let me know whether I can get into any university for masters with b.tech aggregate 66%?

Hassan1991

Nov 19, 2015
Helina93,
My overall GPA in B of Mechanical Engineering is 2.82/4 and in last two years it is 3.23/4. My IELTS is 7.
I've applied to
1) Memorial University of Newfoundland (Oil ad Gas Engineering) MASc
2) University of Regina (Industrial Systems Engineering) Meng
3) Delhousie University (Mechanical Engineering) Meng

What do you think are my chances?

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Hassan1991 said:
Helina93,
My overall GPA in B of Mechanical Engineering is 2.82/4 and in last two years it is 3.23/4. My IELTS is 7.
I've applied to
1) Memorial University of Newfoundland (Oil ad Gas Engineering) MASc
2) University of Regina (Industrial Systems Engineering) Meng
3) Delhousie University (Mechanical Engineering) Meng

What do you think are my chances?
Hi!

I haven't checked out University Of Dalhouise or University Of Regina, so i have no knowledge whatsoever as to there acceptance rates and your chances with with you hold but what I do know is that you have a really really good chance of getting into MUN, as I know for a fact you completely fulfill their admission requirements.

allancmm

Aug 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, I'm also planning to apply for a Master in Computer Science. I completed my degree in CS with 3.2/4 GPA. My list of universities is the following:

University of Ottawa
Carleton University
University of Toronto (pretty hard to get into to, as far as I know)
University of British Columbia (also hard to get into to)

I took the TOEFL test one month ago and my overall score was 91 (R-28, L-24, S-19, W-20). University of Ottawa and Carleton University have a score of 22 in both Writing and Speaking as minimum requirements. Any of you guys knows if it's possible to get a conditional offer letter from one of these universities and, before starting the course, filling the minimum requirements?

Thanks in advance, guys :)