+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial University of Newfoundland

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Any updates for anyone for MEngg in any disciplines?
We do not seem to have any confirmation. Please go ahead and email/phone coordinator of a department that you have applied to. I do not think that they get this late in offering places. Maybe people who have not heard anything from them are in the backlist — just assuming here.

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
I had mailed them asking

I had mailed them asking what's happening with my application. They replied that the complete applications are being reviewed now, the results will be out in the 1st week of April.
Thank you for sharing your experience. All the best wishes to all out there awaiting a response to your applications.

sujithn89

Jun 11, 2018
I had mailed them asking

I had mailed them asking what's happening with my application. They replied that the complete applications are being reviewed now, the results will be out in the 1st week of April.
Great. Thanks. I didn't get any positive response from them when I mailed. Relieved and still have hope. Best of luck to every one waiting for results.

Last edited:

student-life

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
When I contacted them, they replied the decision will be made 2 months after the deadline date (Feb 1st) of the program I had applied.

sujithn89

Jun 11, 2018
I got reply from secretary to Dean/Department of engineering and applied science today that decision will be made in next 2 weeks.

student-life

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
I just received a reply from MUN Faculty of Graduate Studies that decision will be made 3 months after the deadline date and for the program I applied for it would be the end of April or early May......hopefully.

sujithn89

Jun 11, 2018
I just received a reply from MUN Faculty of Graduate Studies that decision will be made 3 months after the deadline date and for the program I applied for it would be the end of April or early May......hopefully.
I applied in October with December 1 being the last date. So the results should have come by Feb 1. But delayed and is now about to be announced in 2 weeks time. I applied for M.Engg. in Electrical Engg with funding.

student-life

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
I applied in October with December 1 being the last date. So the results should have come by Feb 1. But delayed and is now about to be announced in 2 weeks time. I applied for M.Engg. in Electrical Engg with funding.
Did they confirm that results will be announced in two weeks?
Because it's already 4 months, your's being a competitive program it's better to get confirmation about results than to be blindly waiting.

sujithn89

Jun 11, 2018
Did they confirm that results will be announced in two weeks?
Because it's already 4 months, your's being a competitive program it's better to get confirmation about results than to be blindly waiting.
Yes. I got confirmation from Nicole Parisi that the decisions will be made in the next 2 weeks. He/She is secretary to Denis Peters, Dean/Faculty of Engineering and Applied science. So, hopefully they will release at the earliest.

student-life

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Yes. I got confirmation from Nicole Parisi that the decisions will be made in the next 2 weeks. He/She is secretary to Denis Peters, Dean/Faculty of Engineering and Applied science. So, hopefully they will release at the earliest.
Good... keep in touch with her and also keep us posted on receiving the LOA.