+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial University of Newfoundland

sujithn89

Jun 11, 2018
I hope you have got the admission for memorial , have moved further ??
myself also got the admission mail communication , after that I have accepted , but further I am not able to move ... kindly help for further process.
MASc or MEngg?

rahuln

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
I hope you have got the admission for memorial , have moved further ??
myself also got the admission mail communication , after that I have accepted , but further I am not able to move ... kindly help for further process.
Is there any amount to be paid as stated on your letter or that department page along your letter?

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Is there any amount to be paid as stated on your letter or that department page along your letter?
Rahul mostly their admission offers do not list any details of any expense be it tuition or others. But they do list funding if an individual is offered some. So you will have to use their minimum expense sheet available at this link http://www.mun.ca/sgs/MinimumExpense.pdf to support your application and for all cost estimates that you may occur once you are admitted. Hope it helps.

rahuln

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
Rahul mostly their admission offers do not list any details of any expense be it tuition or others. But they do list funding if an individual is offered some. So you will have to use their minimum expense sheet available at this link http://www.mun.ca/sgs/MinimumExpense.pdf to support your application and for all cost estimates that you may occur once you are admitted. Hope it helps.
That's true.. actually there was a official application along with the offer letter mail. In that it was stated that you had to pay 2k CAD within 3 weeks of receipt of the offer to reserve your seat.. but that was for MASc only.. I don't know about others

sujithn89

Jun 11, 2018
That's true.. actually there was a official application along with the offer letter mail. In that it was stated that you had to pay 2k CAD within 3 weeks of receipt of the offer to reserve your seat.. but that was for MASc only.. I don't know about others
Anyone got admit for MEngg. here? Getting worried here.

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
I guess you should contact the coordinator of Department that you have applied to. List your application number. And I am sure you will have the answers. Mostly the fee things come at a time when visa students are physically present at the campus. Exceptions are there. Maybe the application you're referring to was with a "conditional offer." Anyway, your best bet is to get in touch with the coordinator. All the best. And do let us know how it goes.

rahuln

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
I guess you should contact the coordinator of Department that you have applied to. List your application number. And I am sure you will have the answers. Mostly the fee things come at a time when visa students are physically present at the campus. Exceptions are there. Maybe the application you're referring to was with a "conditional offer." Anyway, your best bet is to get in touch with the coordinator. All the best. And do let us know how it goes.
Saw it again. It was a form outlining my program of study. In that the fee and method of payment was mentioned. Research based program will not have that I suppose. But yeah contacting program coordinator will be best. You can mail SGS as well, they'll get in you in contact with the right person.

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Saw it again. It was a form outlining my program of study. In that the fee and method of payment was mentioned. Research based program will not have that I suppose. But yeah contacting program coordinator will be best. You can mail SGS as well, they'll get in you in contact with the right person.
SGS is not responsible for such affairs. So I think better not to interrupt them. I am not sure about what variations are there for Research-based and course-based applicants. But I am sure program coordinators are the right individuals to be contacted for clarity. So feel free to share your experience once you hear from your coordinator. All the best.

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Anyone got admit for MEngg. here? Getting worried here.
Needless to worry about it anything ever. Why die before your death comes? It's fixed. You cannot change that. No matter what you will leave this world one day BUY ONLY WHEN THE TIME COMES.:)

So you have no reason to worry about anything at this stage. You did you best while applying. A reasonable action would be asking politely for your application outcomes to your Departmental coordinator by emailin him/her. Don't forget to include your application number in your request.

student-life

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Needless to worry about it anything ever. Why die before your death comes? It's fixed. You cannot change that. No matter what you will leave this world one day BUY ONLY WHEN THE TIME COMES.:)

So you have no reason to worry about anything at this stage. You did you best while applying. A reasonable action would be asking politely for your application outcomes to your Departmental coordinator by emailin him/her. Don't forget to include your application number in your request.
Very well said:).
But the anxiety is there even though we know that we are left with no option other than waiting:rolleyes:

sujithn89

Jun 11, 2018

Good school of thought. :)
I already asked departmental coordinator, SGS and Andrew Kim. I got replies from SGS and Andrew Kim asking me to wait until a decision has been made. Departmental Coordinator is not responding.

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Good school of thought. :)
I already asked departmental coordinator, SGS and Andrew Kim. I got replies from SGS and Andrew Kim asking me to wait until a decision has been made. Departmental Coordinator is not responding.
Seems wait is the only choice. What I can tell is based on my experiences: its a fact that early offers are made in Feb-March. So if you have not heard anything that means you're in the backup list. That is if someone does not respond to their offer they will get in touch with you. This is personal experience at least for degrees in Social Sciences.

What you can do know is to explore all other options. It's never advisable to put your eggs in one basket. It may be sunk. Don't forget to enlighten with your experiences.

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Very well said:).
But the anxiety is there even though we know that we are left with no option other than waiting:rolleyes:
You will get into whatever you have applied to. Time here is the only factor. It's good if you opt for alternatives. One should not rely on a single option. You may still have time for others. All the best!