+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UAE Entry/Exit stamps asked at the Interview

APR2013APP

Feb 5, 2014
it was a friend of mine who had the interview and it was in Mississauga, btw this is not the only case Im aware of that had similar issues with UAE visa

mwabu1976

Mar 10, 2014
I'm in Montreal.

when I left UAE for good I send back my passport to my employer at UAE so they cancel my visa. They did and my visa got a cancellation stamp on it.

The interviewer saw it and did not comment about it. it seemed fine.

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Thanks Osamaamany

My test is scheduled for 26th of MArch. I hope there will be no issues like you suggested.

osamaamany said:
Dear armaan.ahhmad

hope you all the best. Dont worry a lot about this issue and you should know that every one case is different compared to other. I have the same situation. I applied for the citizenship in Feb. 2014 and landed in Dec. 2010 and had tens of exist and entry stamp on my old passport which used while landed but all those travels were prior to my landing , so why I should worried!!

Since I landed in Dec. 2010 I left only once for 4 days to Maldives for vacation and got entry and exist stamp which should come in the same line of my CBSA report if they have accurate entry system as they did not stamp my passport when I arrived back to toronto. I used the automatic machine where you should scan your PR and Passport.

By the way when is your citizenship test? or you still did not apply?

osamaamany

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Dear armaan.ahhmad

All the best and wish you very very good luck in your coming test. Prepare yourself well and keep in mind to update us once you finish your test :D

Regards

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
thanks. will do.

osamaamany said:
Dear armaan.ahhmad

All the best and wish you very very good luck in your coming test. Prepare yourself well and keep in mind to update us once you finish your test :D

Regards

smk89

Feb 7, 2013
Get your all passports wherever you have entry/exit stamps as well as UAE visa page to be translated by notorized or certified translator. This will help officer to understand your stamps, otherwise she can give you RQ. Prepare well.

mwabu1976

Mar 10, 2014
The officers knows about the e-Gate used in UAE. Therefore, you may be asked about it especially if your Visa to UAE is not cancelled.

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
My visas were cancelled in October 2010. I have also managed to source the copy of cancellation form issued by immigration through my ex-employers. One of this needed to be translated in English and I have done just that. I am hoping to be okay as I do not have the entry/exit records from UAE and it is extremely difficult for me to get it due to lack of connections in UAE now.

mwabu1976 said:
The officers knows about the e-Gate used in UAE. Therefore, you may be asked about it especially if your Visa to UAE is not cancelled.

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Most of the stamps I have on my passport are already in English. I am going to get the translation of few that are not. However, there is one particular page of my passport where there are so many stamps that it is not easily readable. All my travels are for the period before I came to Canada. What shall I do with the stamps which are not readable?

smk89 said:
Get your all passports wherever you have entry/exit stamps as well as UAE visa page to be translated by notorized or certified translator. This will help officer to understand your stamps, otherwise she can give you RQ. Prepare well.

osamaamany

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
armaan.ahhmad said:
Most of the stamps I have on my passport are already in English. I am going to get the translation of few that are not. However, there is one particular page of my passport where there are so many stamps that it is not easily readable. All my travels are for the period before I came to Canada. What shall I do with the stamps which are not readable?
I have the same situation and dont know what to do ...I have also so many stamps of exit and entry but all of it were prior of my landing ..so I guess it should not be an issue for the officer

dp2014

Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question for all of you with UAE stamps -
Did you send the original translation or the photocopy?
Did you attach any affidavit or just the translation from a certified canadian translator?

Pls help.

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
I went to an official translator who claims to have done many translations of this kind for CIC. She said i do not need any affidavit as all the information on passport will be reported in translation.
I am going for test next week. Will keep you guys posted. Wish me luck.

dp2014 said:
Question for all of you with UAE stamps -
Did you send the original translation or the photocopy?
Did you attach any affidavit or just the translation from a certified canadian translator?

Pls help.

atifakbar

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Milton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
armaan.ahhmad said:
I went to an official translator who claims to have done many translations of this kind for CIC. She said i do not need any affidavit as all the information on passport will be reported in translation.
All the best and let us know how it goes.
Thanks

osamaamany

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
armaan.ahhmad said:
My dear ...I really really wish you all the best and counting the days to see what will happen in your test and interview