+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UAE Entry/Exit stamps asked at the Interview

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
armaan.ahhmad said:
Thank you so much everybody for your wishes. I appreciate these.
Hi ,

Is this issue specific with UAE ? We moved from KSA in 2011 ,after that never visited KSA .Got our cancelled IQAMA letter attached to our passports .I do believe the visa is valid only for your first entry into KSA ,after that you just need to get your iqama renewed every year which was obviously cancelled for us in 2011.

Does any one have an idea could we still face any issues regarding it ? Anyone who moved from KSA ,please share your experience.

Thanks

atifakbar

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Milton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
informatics said:
Hi ,

Is this issue specific with UAE ? We moved from KSA in 2011 ,after that never visited KSA .Got our cancelled IQAMA letter attached to our passports .I do believe the visa is valid only for your first entry into KSA ,after that you just need to get your iqama renewed every year which was obviously cancelled for us in 2011.

Does any one have an idea could we still face any issues regarding it ? Anyone who moved from KSA ,please share your experience.

Thanks
Correct good thing about KSA is they don't stamp residence visa instead they renew IQAMA ... Which is not embossed on the passport

And issue with UAE cancelled visa is that it doesn't have cancellation date...which creates doubt ...

Thanks

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
atifakbar said:
Correct good thing about KSA is they don't stamp residence visa instead they renew IQAMA ... Which is not embossed on the passport

And issue with UAE cancelled visa is that it doesn't have cancellation date...which creates doubt ...

Thanks
Thank you so much for the explanation.However, I really hope that everything goes well with the original poster's interview and everyone else having a UAE visa in their passports.

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
I agree with what atifakbar said. Silver lining in my case is that the copy of cancellation letter I have got also has the last date of exit from UAE on it. This is in process of being translated from Arabic to English and I will present this to the officer if he/she demands.

atifakbar said:

Thanks

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Hi fellows,

We had our test/interview today and the translations really helped. The CIC officer is still going to check with CBSA about our travels but thats fine for us. She told us we should expect oath letter between 1-2 months. She never made any issue of visa cancellations etc.

Thank you so much everybody for your support and good luck.

atifakbar

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Milton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
armaan.ahhmad said:
Hi fellows,

We had our test/interview today and the translations really helped. The CIC officer is still going to check with CBSA about our travels but thats fine for us. She told us we should expect oath letter between 1-2 months. She never made any issue of visa cancellations etc.

Thank you so much everybody for your support and good luck.
Congratulations .... that's good news .... just a quick question should we translate the complete passport or only the stamps for the duration we counted for citizenship? I have two passports, first one was issued in 2005 which has lots of visa's and stamps .... 2nd one was issued right before the landing .... but unfortunately landing visa is stamped on the previous passport ... as you know even after getting the visa candidate normally has around year time to land .... should I translate both the passports ... ?

Thanks

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
All my travels are before we moved to Canada but i got the translations done just in case cic is interested. I suggest get all the stamps translated as if they are concerned they might ask for uae entry/exit report which will take lot of time and connections in uae to get.
rest is your judgement.

atifakbar said:
Congratulations .... that's good news .... just a quick question should we translate the complete passport or only the stamps for the duration we counted for citizenship? I have two passports, first one was issued in 2005 which has lots of visa's and stamps .... 2nd one was issued right before the landing .... but unfortunately landing visa is stamped on the previous passport ... as you know even after getting the visa candidate normally has around year time to land .... should I translate both the passports ... ?

Thanks

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
I only had the translation of all the stamps. she never asked for entry/exit report or cancellation papers. However, she is going to check with CBSA about our travels as there were so many stamps in my passport and I think she didnt bother to go through all the pages. We are cool with CBSA thing as we never left Canada since we became PRs.

APR2013APP said:
@ armaan Did you show the UAE exit/entry report or the cancellation document of your visa to the CIC officer?

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
atifakbar said:

Thanks
Only 4 years preceding your citizenship application.

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
armaan.ahhmad said:
I only had the translation of all the stamps. she never asked for entry/exit report or cancellation papers. However, she is going to check with CBSA about our travels as there were so many stamps in my passport and I think she didnt bother to go through all the pages. We are cool with CBSA thing as we never left Canada since we became PRs.
Good on you and very interesting. I was RQed so I guess my officer didn't need another CBSA report. In my interview they never bothered asking about UAE exits and entries - she just ticked off the dates I had put in. All the best

osamaamany

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
armaan.ahhmad said:
Dear armaan.ahhmad

You can't imagine how much I am glad to know that every thing were fine and went smooth in your interview. I am really happy for you :) good luck in your coming oath and rest of your life ..

maximcanada

Jan 3, 2014
Hi There,

I have three passports, and in the test invitation letter CIC asked me to bring all your passports. I came to Canada with my last passport and of course there're UAE Visitor Entry/Exit on all my passports. I was wondering I should translate the stamps for my last passport which contains 1095 days, or all my passports?

Thank you

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maximcanada said:
Hi There,

I have three passports, and in the test invitation letter CIC asked me to bring all your passports. I came to Canada with my last passport and of course there're UAE Visitor Entry/Exit on all my passports. I was wondering I should translate the stamps for my last passport which contains 1095 days, or all my passports?

Thank you
I'm not sure how everyone at CIC functions and this is luck based. During my interview no translation was needed because UAE visa always shows exit/entry stamps in English including the dates. So as long as you are clear and honest on dates then ZERO issues in my case. Goodluck