+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UAE Driving license acceptance in Canada April 2018

drasticinput

Apr 10, 2018
TBH, when I got my Ontario License, they didn't even check online (there is an authenticator link on RTA website). Literally took 2 min and I was already taking the MCQ Test for the Ontario License.

Blade

Nov 11, 2017
Hey Guys

What is the process of getting an attestation in Bur Dubai?
Is it compulsory for attestation?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hey Guys

Walk in to the ministry of external affairs and get the attestation done or you can go to Al Manara Municipality building in Shk Zayed Rd they have a counter there as well

Last edited:
Reactions: Blade

Blade

Nov 11, 2017
Walk in to the ministry of external affairs and get the atesttion done or you can go to Al Manara Munickpality building in Shk Zayed Rd they have a counter there as well
Have you landed in Canada?
If you are how do you look about for places to stay ?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Have you landed in Canada?
If you are how do you look about for places to stay ?
I am here since starting of last yr... once you land find a temporary accommodation first for a cpl of months with a friend etc... During this time, set yourself up with a bank account, health insurance etc and start building up some credit history...
Once you are familiar with the place and know which neighborhood, you wanna settle down, get in touch with a real estate agent to show you some listings(house or condo/apartments) for rents...You also do your homework and review properties for rent on websites such as: www.realtor.ca or www.zolo.ca.

Reactions: Blade

Blade

Nov 11, 2017
I am here since starting of last yr... once you land find a temporary accommodation first for a cpl of months with a friend etc... During this time, set yourself up with a bank account, health insurance etc and start building up some credit history...
Once you are familiar with the place and know which neighborhood, you wanna settle down, get in touch with a real estate agent to show you some listings(house or condo/apartments) for rents...You also do your homework and review properties for rent on websites such as: www.realtor.ca or www.zolo.ca.
Awesome thank you very much

Also what about the job scenes? May I know what you are into?

Which provinces are good for mechanical engineers?

drasticinput

Apr 10, 2018
Hey Guys

Attestation is not required. Driving Experience letter is available in RTA under Drivers and Licensing. It is a e-document and does not require any signature.

The certificate comes with a code to verify authenticity - works easily.

Reactions: jimshady and Blade

elvispilot

Aug 10, 2018
TBH, when I got my Ontario License, they didn't even check online (there is an authenticator link on RTA website). Literally took 2 min and I was already taking the MCQ Test for the Ontario License.
wait they did not verify if the e-certificate was authentic?

drasticinput

Apr 10, 2018
wait they did not verify if the e-certificate was authentic?
haha no!

The lady at the counter looked at it as asked why it was nor 'orginal'. I assumed she was looking for the stamp.

I merely pointed to the footer of the document where is states that it can be verified online. She looked at that and moved on to the other documents. The whole thing took about 5 min.

There is a possibility that she may have verified it while I took the MCQ test.

varungorur2005

Nov 8, 2012
Visa Office......
CIC Delhi
Hi!

UAE Licences need a letter from RTA (Driving experience letter) which can be downloaded from the Dubai Police app. With that document, you can easily apply for the G1 License at Drivetest.ca (pass a MCQ test of 20 questions). The license takes 10 days to arrive to your postal address. Once you pass the test, you immediately get a document which allows you to set up a G test appointment straightaway (provided they have appointments).

The above GN article implies that you do not need an international license anymore. The international DL was anyway a redundant document which is simply a translated booklet and not an actual license. the UAE DL is in English and Arabic and most countries recognize it as valid proof while renting a vehicle or otherwise.

P.S.: You can drive for 3 months on your UAE license when you first arrive.
Hi. The Dubai police app doesnt have anything called Driving experience letter. Instead are you talking about the police clearance certificate?

drasticinput

Apr 10, 2018
Hi. The Dubai police app doesnt have anything called Driving experience letter. Instead are you talking about the police clearance certificate?
Police Clearance Certificate is based on your overall conduct in the UAE. It does not have your driving History.

For your Driving History, you need a Driver Experience History Certificate.

http://bfy.tw/KMTk

There are two ways to get the 'Driver Experience History Certificate'.

1. RTA Website Link: https://goo.gl/mzSYvW

2. Dubai Police App> Services> Traffic Services> Clearance Certificate

Nobatia

Aug 20, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
15-01-2018
Passport Req..
02-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
LANDED..........
13-10-2018
For anyone like me who got their License from Abu Dhabi, Emirates Driving Company doesn't issue such letters. They just told me to get my license translated.

Nobatia

Aug 20, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2017