Doc's Request.
11-03-2016
Nomination.....
07-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2016
LANDED..........
01-02-2017
Hey Guys, My parents passport got picked up and was delivered to banjara hills in Hyderabad. Is this expected?

I though it was supposed to be delivered to local VFS office in Ahmedabad.

Also is there a way to track it with VFS.

apprajapati

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-08-2020
Guys, I have a few questions and hopefully this will help other people too.

What's the procedure if for example, passport is returned due to photo specification issue?

1. Will they still take 1 month long to return? because We have 30 days deadline.
2. What will happen to 2-way courier service? will we have to again pay or how does it work?

3. is there a checkpoint or a sign that courier you sent with documents, everything is okay ? for example, what does it mean when we get notification that "application package has been received and under process at IRCC", does this mean what we sent is fine?

Please share your experience and answers if you have. thank you.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Guys, I have a few questions and hopefully this will help other people too.

What's the procedure if for example, passport is returned due to photo specification issue?

1. Will they still take 1 month long to return? because We have 30 days deadline.
2. What will happen to 2-way courier service? will we have to again pay or how does it work?

3. is there a checkpoint or a sign that courier you sent with documents, everything is okay ? for example, what does it mean when we get notification that "application package has been received and under process at IRCC", does this mean what we sent is fine?

Please share your experience and answers if you have. thank you.
1. The timelines depends on when your application is taken up for processing, there is no fixed period.
2. Yes, you need to again register and pay for 2 way courier service.
3. If your application is not updated to Approved within 24hrs of receiving that message, you might need to worry a bit :(

apprajapati

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-08-2020
1. The timelines depends on when your application is taken up for processing, there is no fixed period.
2. Yes, you need to again register and pay for 2 way courier service.
3. if your application is updated to Approved within 24hrs of receiving that message, you might need to worry a bit :(
Thank you for the answer, appreciate it.

Regarding no.1, suppose if they return after 30 days, we can still submit passport again correct? They cannot refuse the application correct? since we sent on time, its just an issue that we have to resubmit again. Also my main point is like, why should they take 1 month if the courier has let's say photo specification wrong or medical expired.

and about the 3rd, Approved on application portal you mean? or email notification that vfs sends?

thanks.

Last edited:

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Thank you for the answer, appreciate it.

Regarding no.1, suppose if they return after 30 days, we can still submit passport again correct? They cannot refuse the application correct? since we sent on time, its just an issue that we have to resubmit again. Also my main point is like, why should they take 1 month if the courier has let's say photo specification wrong or medical expired.

and about the 3rd, Approved on application portal you mean? or email notification that vfs sends?

thanks.
1. Yes, you can still submit the passport. The timelines, again, depends on when your application is picked up for processing. Earlier it used to be a week. Now it has shot up to almost a month.
2. Yes, status on GCKey portal.