+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two Way courier services VFS New Delhi - India

VishInd

Jul 23, 2020
1. Yes, you can still submit the passport. The timelines, again, depends on when your application is picked up for processing. Earlier it used to be a week. Now it has shot up to almost a month.
2. Yes, status on GCKey portal.
Hey,

Are you sure about this? My application has been in 'processing' since 22nd March. And there is absolutely no update on my GCKey. Not even a ghost update.

Can some of the others that have recently submitted their passports share their experience?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hey,

Are you sure about this? My application has been in 'processing' since 22nd March. And there is absolutely no update on my GCKey. Not even a ghost update.

Can some of the others that have recently submitted their passports share their experience?
Sure about what ? that is standard process. Whenever your passport is stamped with visa, your Gckey account will be updated with counterfoil details and status is changed to Approved from Submitted. This might take upto a month as per current timelines.

VishInd

Jul 23, 2020
Sure about what ? that is standard process. Whenever your passport is stamped with visa, your Gckey account will be updated with counterfoil details and status is changed to Approved from Submitted. This might take upto a month as per current timelines.
Oh okay. So, you mean GCKey gets updated 24 hours after visa stamping and the passport is couriered back. Thats a relief :)

The earlier post was asking about what it means after the package is received by IRCC and under processing. So, thought you meant that the GCKey gets updated 24 hours after this.

nikitapise23

Star Member
May 20, 2021
On new status tracker launch by IRCc for spouse visa application , inside document section there is COPR document listed with COPR expiry date and document no.
I have few questions about it
1. Showing expiry of copr is same as my passport expiry , so I am little confused is this my passport expiry or COPR expiry. ( my passport is under process at Delhi since 4th March , still waiting for copr and passport)
2. May I consider this as my COPR is ready as it is showing on portal.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Indian_Soil and CNP

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
On new status tracker launch by IRCc for spouse visa application , inside document section there is COPR document listed with COPR expiry date and document no.
I have few questions about it
1. Showing expiry of copr is same as my passport expiry , so I am little confused is this my passport expiry or COPR expiry. ( my passport is under process at Delhi since 4th March , still waiting for copr and passport)
2. May I consider this as my COPR is ready as it is showing on portal.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Good find. Those who are spousal applicants can check status on new portal. To answer, most likely that the document you found is CoPR.

Generally CoPR validity is 1 year (from medicals passed) OR expiry of passport, whichever is earlier.

nikitapise23

Star Member
May 20, 2021
Good find. Those who are spousal applicants can check status on new portal. To answer, most likely that the document you found is CoPR.

Generally CoPR validity is 1 year (from medicals passed) OR expiry of passport, whichever is earlier.
My passport is going to expire on Oct 2027 and portal showing same for COPR.
Is this means my COPR is ready , and I just have to wait more for hard copy ?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
My passport is going to expire on Oct 2027 and portal showing same for COPR.
Is this means my COPR is ready , and I just have to wait more for hard copy ?
I am not aware of what new portal has, I would suggest you to wait for your gckey to be updated. Meanwhile spousal sponsorship applicants may be able to help you out here. Good luck