+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for baby born outside Canada with parents having PR

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All,
I have got the rejection of TRV for our new born. Can anyone tell me how to apply TRP as i am not able to find separate link or form.
How much time have you already spent in Canada? Looks like you landed in March 2020. At a certain point you will need to consider whether one parent should go back to Canada to start sponsorship of the child because you need to continue to meet your RO.

Umer Afzal

Mar 29, 2018
How much time have you already spent in Canada? Looks like you landed in March 2020. At a certain point you will need to consider whether one parent should go back to Canada to start sponsorship of the child because you need to continue to meet your RO.
Thank you for your response. Yeah, you are right. Feb 2020 and we have spent almost 7 months in Canada.

I have been thinking of two two scenarios.

Scenario I:
i. Apply for TRP as earliest as possible.
ii. Move to Canada in Jan-23 (only myself) and apply for sponsorship.

Now the answer I have been searching for, whether I can have both applications open at a time, incase TRP is still under process?

Scenario II:
ii. Travel to Canada during this month and apply for sponsorship. Come back to my resident country to fulfill some obligations and then permanently move in Jan-23. I don't know, how leaving Canada for 2 months will impact my sponsorship application as I want to make the best use of time.

Arsalanza

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
Hello All,
I have got the rejection of TRV for our new born. Can anyone tell me how to apply TRP as i am not able to find separate link or form.
when did you apply for the visa? what reason did they give for rejection ? i have heard if they reject they guide and open trp link for medical purposes , please reply soon

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your response. Yeah, you are right. Feb 2020 and we have spent almost 7 months in Canada.

I have been thinking of two two scenarios.

Scenario I:
ii. Move to Canada in Jan-23 (only myself) and apply for sponsorship.

Now the answer I have been searching for, whether I can have both applications open at a time, incase TRP is still under process?

Scenario II:
ii. Travel to Canada during this month and apply for sponsorship. Come back to my resident country to fulfill some obligations and then permanently move in Jan-23. I don't know, how leaving Canada for 2 months will impact my sponsorship application as I want to make the best use of time.
Yes you can apply for sponsorship and TRP at the same time.

Arsalanza

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
Hello i applied fro my daughter trv , in july i got medical request yesterday , and today i got a request to pay trp fees.
They will not give trv to us , they will give trp if all goes well .
does anyone know how much time do they give for trp , i have signed a contract and can only travel in feb with my family , a bit worried.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello i applied fro my daughter trv , in july i got medical request yesterday , and today i got a request to pay trp fees.
They will not give trv to us , they will give trp if all goes well .
does anyone know how much time do they give for trp , i have signed a contract and can only travel in feb with my family , a bit worried.
No set amount of time but typically 3-6 months.

Arsalanza

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
No set amount of time but typically 3-6 months.
Dear canuck78 , i have done medical of my child , and also paid the trp fees as requested by immigration uae dept , however they asked me to upload receipt on my cic account, on cic account my intial trv application exists and there is no place to upload this receipt. what should i do , should i raise a webform ? i am confused and worried , there has been no action on my trv file , and this trp requests carry another file no :(

anki91

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Hello All,
I applied for TRV for my child.. my husband and myself are PR.. currently he is in Canada and I am in India.
TRV got refused and the reason was mentioned that family ties in Canada and no reason to travel back.

We mentioned in the application that we would initiate the PR process once we reach Canada.

Any help? What should be done next?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,
I applied for TRV for my child.. my husband and myself are PR.. currently he is in Canada and I am in India.
TRV got refused and the reason was mentioned that family ties in Canada and no reason to travel back.

We mentioned in the application that we would initiate the PR process once we reach Canada.

Any help? What should be done next?
You should try applying for a TRP. If one of the parents is already in Canada, they should apply to sponsor the child for PR now and not wait.

anki91

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
You should try applying for a TRP. If one of the parents is already in Canada, they should apply to sponsor the child for PR now and not wait.
how can I apply for TRP? i only see that the option to apply for TRV.. PR would take more time to process, hence we thought to apply for TRV and land in Canada.. and then apply for PR

Last edited:

snehashy

Aug 27, 2019
how can I apply for TRP? i only see that the option to apply for TRV.. PR would take more time to process, hence we thought to apply for TRV and land in Canada.. and then apply for PR
Hi, I had applied For TRV for my son but instead got a TRP . I didn’t specifically apply for a TRP, I guess the decision is based on your situation. Husband and I are PR and wanted to land in canada to apply for his PR.

anki91

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Hi..
I have applied for TRV for my kid. Received passport submission request.
I am opting for Two way courier service for Passport transmission.
In case of minors, who should sign the SMS/courier form ?
I understand that VFS consent form is not required for minors.