+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for baby born outside Canada with parents having PR

snehashy

Aug 27, 2019
1. Did you open a separate GIC account for your daughter and applied on her behalf?

No, I created a new application from the same account that I used for my Express Entry and PR applications.

2. What did you select under reason for travel ? tourism, visit family/ friends, etc....

I selected family visit

3. What duration of stay did you select? less than 6 months, more than 6 months, etc....

I selected more than 6 months

4. What did you select for " Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?"

I selected Yes

5. Did you select any option under "Are you giving someone access to your application?" section or none
In document upload section,

I selected yes, and provided my information there

For the question "Purpose of Travel - Other (required)", what did you upload? Itinerary??
For the purpose of travel, I uploaded a pdf document. I wrote that the purpose of travel is family visit, where I intend to apply for the PR for her.

2. You have mention LoE?? Do you mean " Client Information" section to upload letter. Is it possible for you to share more details of the content.

Yes, I wrote an explanation letter and uploaded there.

Others,
1. Have you already found a job? or going to find after you reach in June'20. If so, did you mention this in your letter..

No, I have not.

2. For proof of funds, i am assuming you showed your Saudi's.

Yes, just a Saudi bank statement

3. In the application form, did you provide any specific details for the question "Name, address of person/ institute i will visit"

I don't remember exactly, but I think No.
Hi Usman, thank you for such a detailed information. I’m in a similar situation and now applying for TRV for infant. Husband and I hold PR.
1) In the questionnaire what do I respond to “giving access to your application” do I select grant authorization to IRCC and representative or just Representative?
2) “how are u related to family member” I’ve chosen child. Is that correct as I’m applying on behalf of my child.
3) “Invitation letter” what do I upload in this as I am traveling with my husband and child.

Aaqil

Nov 13, 2020
Hi, thanks for sharing your experience. Can you please tell me about the proof of funds, should it be for the whole family or only the baby?

Arsalanza

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
Hello everyone a dear friend and her husband are in pakistan they are valid prs , they are having a child in july - due to health reasons and personal they cant travel back . They wish to know if they can travel with their child in march 2022 for good , anything later than june 2022 will risk their Ro , can anyone share recent similar experience witv trv for child or trp . They are financially strong.. please reply and help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone a dear friend and her husband are in pakistan they are valid prs , they are having a child in july - due to health reasons and personal they cant travel back . They wish to know if they can travel with their child in march 2022 for good , anything later than june 2022 will risk their Ro , can anyone share recent similar experience witv trv for child or trp . They are financially strong.. please reply and help
It is hit or miss so at least one should be planning on moving earlier. To sponsor their child they a parent must be compliant with their RO.

Ssg41615

Apr 13, 2021
Hi,

After gathering a lot of information from the previous threads, I have finally started the TRV application for my son born outside Canada (Both parents are PR holders, but don't live in Canada at the moment). The whole family wants to travel to Canada together by the end of this year.
I am stuck on a few points:
1. We plan to stay in a hotel or airbnb apartment when we land, what should I mention in the invitation letter about the address?
2. We don't have a job or bank account in Canada yet, is it ok to give bank statement and pay slips of the current job?
3. What would be the difference in the documents for Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter and Proof of Means of Financial Support?
4. We plan to mention in our letter that we plan to apply for Family Sponsorship soon, is it required to have a return ticket in that case?
5. Is it possible to apply for Family Sponsorship from outside Canada?

Thank you in advance! :)

Ssg41615

Apr 13, 2021
Hello,

I am writing in to update the result of my query. So we went ahead and applied for a TRV online. The cost is merely 100 CAD while agents asked us for 700 CAD and upwards. I am here to share a positive experience for people who may be in similar situations. Here are my pointers:
1. Secure good financial stability that you can prove on paper: My husband had just got a job. We uploaded the offer letter and bank statements since he did not have a pay stub yet.
2. Residential proof: Bank letters worked for us
3. Letter of explanation: we were honest about our situation and explained why the baby was born outside canada despite having a PR. We expressed our respect for following laws in Canada.
4. Return tickets: I dont see a way to get around this. We did book our return tickets around the 6 month mark
The process took us 11 days and we got the approval for stamping. I heard a lot of negative stories around getting a TRV and I just meant to share a positive experience. I am no expert.

I appreciate how family centric the system is. If you are truthful and all documents are in order, I see no reason why a TRV may be denied. I do know that it is finally upto the immigration officer to grant us entry and once again, I am hopeful since we have all valid and legal documents. Fingers crossed!

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience, it is really helpful! I am on the same stage and struggling to find answers to a few questions. It would be a huge help if you could answer me.

I have started the TRV application for my son born outside Canada (Both parents are PR holders, but don't live in Canada at the moment). The whole family wants to travel to Canada together by the end of this year.
1. We plan to stay in a hotel or Airbnb apartment when we land. What should I mention in the invitation letter about the address?
2. We don't have a job or bank account in Canada yet, but we have enough funds to support the child. Is it ok to give bank statement and pay slips of the current job?
3. What would be the difference in the documents for Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter and Proof of Means of Financial Support? (The applicant is an infant and completely dependent on parents for finances. He has no funds in his name)
4. We plan to mention in our letter that we plan to apply for Family Sponsorship soon, is it required to have a return ticket in that case?

chandrika.cvb

Jul 21, 2021
Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience, it is really helpful! I am on the same stage and struggling to find answers to a few questions. It would be a huge help if you could answer me.

I have started the TRV application for my son born outside Canada (Both parents are PR holders, but don't live in Canada at the moment). The whole family wants to travel to Canada together by the end of this year.
1. We plan to stay in a hotel or Airbnb apartment when we land. What should I mention in the invitation letter about the address?
2. We don't have a job or bank account in Canada yet, but we have enough funds to support the child. Is it ok to give bank statement and pay slips of the current job?
3. What would be the difference in the documents for Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter and Proof of Means of Financial Support? (The applicant is an infant and completely dependent on parents for finances. He has no funds in his name)

Hi! I am wondering if you managed to get TRV for your child and if not, what worked.

I am in the same situation. My husband, elder son and I are all PR holders. We came back to India after which we had another child (who is not a PR). We have applied for TRV for him so that he can move with us but im unsure of how a Visa Officer will look at it.

Any idea of actual processing times for TRV and sponsorship? The timelines have increased manifold post covid.

Thanks in advance

Muhammad Rameez Uddin

Apr 10, 2018
Hi,

Hi all. In same boat looking for same answers, appreciate the help please.

nishsan20

Jan 16, 2022
Hi All, We are in a similar situation with both parents having PR and kid has no pr. have few queries while applying TRV. What would we submit as the invitation letter in TRV application ?

Ssg41615

Apr 13, 2021
Hi, My husband got a job before we decided to move, so we mentioned that we wish to move to Canada for my husband’s job and start a new life here with the whole family.

diadem27

Mar 22, 2016
Hi,

Our is the same case + due to pandemic travel bans and job market insecurities (which improves a little now and I secure an offer) we are slightly defaulting on RO as well. We understand how RO can be met post expiration of PR cards but then how to frame a LOE for the kid's TRV at the moment ?

Umer Afzal

Mar 29, 2018
Hello All,
I have got the rejection of TRV for our new born. Can anyone tell me how to apply TRP as i am not able to find separate link or form.