+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for baby born outside Canada with parents having PR

dnarana

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Hey
I have applied for my baby living in India TRV online around early Novemeber
So far no update
I am wondering If i can start pr application process mean while TRV is processing can i do that ? can some one please explain the possibilties

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey
I have applied for my baby living in India TRV online around early Novemeber
So far no update
I am wondering If i can start pr application process mean while TRV is processing can i do that ? can some one please explain the possibilties
You should have applied for sponsorship as soon as you returned to Canada. There was no need to wait. It has nothing to do with the TRV app.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No, she is not a UK citizen. She is of Nigerian citizenship as well.
Then I would suggest your husband move in advance and start the PR process. Getting a TRV for your child is 50/50 and if you don’t get the TRV you will be out of status if you plan on applying in March 2021.

PasumarthyHarsha

May 16, 2016
This is what we did. My husband applied for a TRV for my son while he was in Canada. TRV was granted in 19 days. My son travelled to Canada with me and we applied for his PR. We had our finances/residential proof sorted to back his TRV and PR application. That and being honest is all that matters, in my opinion.
Hello I'm applying TRV for my baby boy who had born recently. I reside in Canada, can you please help in the letter and Imm5645 form.

usman_ku99

Dec 29, 2017
Hi,
I am writing to share my experience of TRV form my baby.

Me, my wife and my elder daughter got PR in August 2018 when we made a soft landing and returned to Saudi Arabia. My younger daughter was born in June 2019 in Pakistan. Now we plan to move to Canada this June, so I applied for TRV for my younger daughter.

I applied online, without any return tickets. In LoE, I explained the situation that my daughter is too young to be left alone and the family needs to go with me because my elder daughter's education will be affected if I leave my daughters and their mother in Pakistan. I also showed enough funds to support my family in Canada.

My application was approved in three weeks and I have got the TRV for my baby, valid till the passport expiry date.

I hope that this information would help/relieve people in similar situation

tutu_imtu

Feb 4, 2020
Hi,

Me, my wife and my elder daughter got PR in August 2018 when we made a soft landing and returned to Saudi Arabia. My younger daughter was born in June 2019 in Pakistan. Now we plan to move to Canada this June, so I applied for TRV for my younger daughter.

I applied online, without any return tickets. In LoE, I explained the situation that my daughter is too young to be left alone and the family needs to go with me because my elder daughter's education will be affected if I leave my daughters and their mother in Pakistan. I also showed enough funds to support my family in Canada.

My application was approved in three weeks and I have got the TRV for my baby, valid till the passport expiry date.

Hi @usman_ku99: Salaam, Congratulations on receiving TRV for your baby. I am in a similar situation. My wife and i got PR in Feb 2018 (soft landing). Our son was born in Nov '18. Now we want to move this year along with him and want to apply for TRV. We also dont have options to leave him with grandparents in india due to family situation. I have few question, hoping you could answer. Apologies for many question. Just stuck and feeling helpless :( . I want to PM, but being a newbie unable to. Thank you very much in advance!!

While filling online questionnaire,
1. Did you open a separate GIC account for your daughter and applied on her behalf?
2. What did you select under reason for travel ? tourism, visit family/ friends, etc....
3. What duration of stay did you select? less than 6 months, more than 6 months, etc....
4. What did you select for " Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?"
5. Did you select any option under "Are you giving someone access to your application?" section or none

In document upload section,
1. For the question "Purpose of Travel - Other (required)", what did you upload? Itinerary??
2. You have mention LoE?? Do you mean " Client Information" section to upload letter. Is it possible for you to share more details of the content.

Others,
1. Have you already found a job? or going to find after you reach in June'20. If so, did you mention this in your letter..
2. For proof of funds, i am assuming you showed your Saudi's.
3. In the application form, did you provide any specific details for the question "Name, address of person/ institute i will visit"

usman_ku99

Dec 29, 2017
1. Did you open a separate GIC account for your daughter and applied on her behalf?

No, I created a new application from the same account that I used for my Express Entry and PR applications.

2. What did you select under reason for travel ? tourism, visit family/ friends, etc....

I selected family visit

3. What duration of stay did you select? less than 6 months, more than 6 months, etc....

I selected more than 6 months

4. What did you select for " Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?"

I selected Yes

5. Did you select any option under "Are you giving someone access to your application?" section or none

I selected yes, and provided my information there

For the question "Purpose of Travel - Other (required)", what did you upload? Itinerary??
For the purpose of travel, I uploaded a pdf document. I wrote that the purpose of travel is family visit, where I intend to apply for the PR for her.

2. You have mention LoE?? Do you mean " Client Information" section to upload letter. Is it possible for you to share more details of the content.

Yes, I wrote an explanation letter and uploaded there.

Others,
1. Have you already found a job? or going to find after you reach in June'20. If so, did you mention this in your letter..

No, I have not.

Yes, just a Saudi bank statement

3. In the application form, did you provide any specific details for the question "Name, address of person/ institute i will visit"

I don't remember exactly, but I think No.

tutu_imtu

Feb 4, 2020

No, I created a new application from the same account that I used for my Express Entry and PR applications.

I selected family visit

I selected more than 6 months

I selected Yes

I selected yes, and provided my information there

For the question "Purpose of Travel - Other (required)", what did you upload? Itinerary??
For the purpose of travel, I uploaded a pdf document. I wrote that the purpose of travel is family visit, where I intend to apply for the PR for her.

Yes, I wrote an explanation letter and uploaded there.

Others,

No, I have not.

Yes, just a Saudi bank statement

I don't remember exactly, but I think No.
@usman_ku99 : I cant thank you enough for your great help. You have immensely helped me and my family. I hope my son also gets his TRV. Thank you very very much.

Reactions: Aaqil and amt15

PasumarthyHarsha

May 16, 2016
@usman_ku99 : I cant thank you enough for your great help. You have immensely helped me and my family. I hope my son also gets his TRV. Thank you very very much.
Hello,

Hi @usman_ku99: Salaam, Congratulations on receiving TRV for your baby. I am in a similar situation. My wife and i got PR in Feb 2018 (soft landing). Our son was born in Nov '18. Now we want to move this year along with him and want to apply for TRV. We also dont have options to leave him with grandparents in india due to family situation. I have few question, hoping you could answer. Apologies for many question. Just stuck and feeling helpless :( . I want to PM, but being a newbie unable to. Thank you very much in advance!!

While filling online questionnaire,

1. For the question "Purpose of Travel - Other (required)", what did you upload? Itinerary??

Others,
Hello,

Hope you are doing good, if you applied or applying for TRV for baby who is below 14yrs of age. Can you please let me know if we need to bio-metrics for the baby or not.

Thank you.

PasumarthyHarsha

May 16, 2016
Hi,

Thank you so much for your response.

Anaar

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC requested on August 11,2015
AOR Received.
Per dated Feb 16, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
TLU in September that file is transferred to LVO on Feb 16, 2015
Med's Request
Sept 23, 2015
Med's Done....
October 07, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Oct 14, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 28, 2015
Updating my status. I applied for my sons TRV (I’m a PR before I got married so husband wasn’t sponsored till then). The TRV was denied in favor of a TRP. The TRP was a single entry permit given for 6 months since the date of approval (almost 5 months remaining by the time we got the passport back after stamping). I landed here with my infant and applied for family sponsorship for son and husband (Outland) 4 months ago. Since the child’s TRP is also exiting end feb- I’ve applied for its extension and the child can continue to live with me till a decision is made on an implied status. This is for anyone in the same boat.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Updating my status. I applied for my sons TRV (I’m a PR before I got married so husband wasn’t sponsored till then). The TRV was denied in favor of a TRP. The TRP was a single entry permit given for 6 months since the date of approval (almost 5 months remaining by the time we got the passport back after stamping). I landed here with my infant and applied for family sponsorship for son and husband (Outland) 4 months ago. Since the child’s TRP is also exiting end feb- I’ve applied for its extension and the child can continue to live with me till a decision is made on an implied status. This is for anyone in the same boat.
Still unclear to me if you can complete 730 days in the 5 years since you landed. If you don’t you shouldn’t be sponsoring anyone.

Anaar

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC requested on August 11,2015
AOR Received.
Per dated Feb 16, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
TLU in September that file is transferred to LVO on Feb 16, 2015
Med's Request
Sept 23, 2015
Med's Done....
October 07, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Oct 14, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 28, 2015
Still unclear to me if you can complete 730 days in the 5 years since you landed. If you don’t you shouldn’t be sponsoring anyone.
I can. I’m within the window of completing 2 years till the end of my PR card expiry and have received the sponsor approval also.