+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV - Eligibility and Background Verification

Nov 6, 2023
Guys a Q please!
I see Eligibility completed in Tracker (Overall and BG still are in progress) but in Application history tree it is not written eligibility completed update. Directly jump to BG is in progress message. Is it normal? Anyone who got Eligibility completed, can see same status update in Application history tree or not?

Sadia Mehoob

Oct 29, 2023
A
Guys a Q please!
I see Eligibility completed in Tracker (Overall and BG still are in progress) but in Application history tree it is not written eligibility completed update. Directly jump to BG is in progress message. Is it normal? Anyone who got Eligibility completed, can see same status update in Application history tree or not?
Applied from which country ?
And biometrics date?

Nov 6, 2023
A

Applied from which country ?
And biometrics date?
From Iraq
Biometric already completed at 6th Sep
Eligibility completed at 24th Nov (Tracker) ... No Visa details ... Overall and BG In progress

However i cannot see Eligibility completed update message in Application history tree in Tracker. Is it normal?

Ahmedgull

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Salams Saida. Firstly please note, this is a forum where all of us are either Current, or Past Canadian Visa applicants. We can only share our experience or accumulated knowledge from this forum with you. So none of us can tell you with any accuracy about what specifically is going on with your case.

Generally speaking - TRVs for Spousal PRs, were promised initially to be completed within 60 days. This may have been true in the very beginning, around May/early June 2023, but after that there was a pause. So much pause, that I was about to start a campaign through this site to encourage everyone to send MASS REFUND REQUEST...But finally, i can see things have started to move. Forget 60 days, applicants from May and June are still waiting to hear about their TRVs - and also their Spousal PRs.

From the recently completed TRV, it seems you might see an update in your tracker, where Eligibility will be changed to "complete". Then within 15 days, you will get the email for Passport Request - they will give you detailed instructions how and where to send your Passport. After a week or so, you will again get an email that your Passport is on its way back. And at the same time, your TRV tracker will be updated to Medical - complete ; Background - complete. But the main question is when will Eligibility be turned to complete? I wish i could tell you that.

Hopefully, you'll hear from CIC soon. I wish i could give you an estimated timeline. Have a little patience. Dont make any plans, dont buy tickets or anything that sort. Wait for the email or updates in your tracker.
Salam bhai, so eligibility completed is a good sign or can it still be denied after eligibility completes?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Salam bhai, so eligibility completed is a good sign or can it still be denied after eligibility completes?
Good question - Yes it CAN be denied after Eligibility is completed. Usually, when the REFUSAL letter comes, its after Eligibility is completed (meaning they have checked and decided that one is not eligible to enter Canada) and then the sent that dreadful email.

Nov 6, 2023
Guys a Q please!
Experts… Any comment on this?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi, just wanted to say a big thank you for taking the time to give me such a detailed answer. I really appreciate it! By the way, I've been hearing about more delays lately, especially for Pakistani applicants. It would be great to get an idea of the timeline. Thanks again for your help
CIC website shows that TRV from Pakistan usually should take around 57 working days. Thats definitely not the timeline im seeing at least in my case, and lot many like me.
So yes, there are delays. How much, roughly speaking add 3 months more to initial 2 months!

Having said that, time and again you will see few applicants from Pakistan who are lucky enough to get their whole process - application to passport return - within 60 days. There are lots of variables and perhaps i think CIC officers also do coin-toss in selecting which application to work on a specific day.....or so it seems at least.

Again, its frustrating takes time and one of things where you can't do much to speed it up. Are you planning to visit a family member, for work or for study? if the last one - which field/uni?

Reactions: wizardofwest90210

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
CIC website shows that TRV from Pakistan usually should take around 57 working days. Thats definitely not the timeline im seeing at least in my case, and lot many like me.
So yes, there are delays. How much, roughly speaking add 3 months more to initial 2 months!

Having said that, time and again you will see few applicants from Pakistan who are lucky enough to get their whole process - application to passport return - within 60 days. There are lots of variables and perhaps i think CIC officers also do coin-toss in selecting which application to work on a specific day.....or so it seems at least.

Again, its frustrating takes time and one of things where you can't do much to speed it up. Are you planning to visit a family member, for work or for study? if the last one - which field/uni?
or I think that applications get worked on by one officer, then he or she leaves, gets posted to another country and workload gets transferred to someone else, waiting for review...that person has his/her own workload, so puts off the ones from another officer. Also if there is one remark or question by one officer, it might have to be investigated by someone else, or higherups, or some government agency unknown to us, for unknown reasons...then its all a coin toss as to when it will be looked at again. My two cents worth...and personal opinion in the mystery of why applications take so long for some.

Sadia Mehoob

Oct 29, 2023

applied for visit visa

Sadia Mehoob

Oct 29, 2023
or I think that applications get worked on by one officer, then he or she leaves, gets posted to another country and workload gets transferred to someone else, waiting for review...that person has his/her own workload, so puts off the ones from another officer. Also if there is one remark or question by one officer, it might have to be investigated by someone else, or higherups, or some government agency unknown to us, for unknown reasons...then its all a coin toss as to when it will be looked at again. My two cents worth...and personal opinion in the mystery of why applications take so long for some.
Just checked the processing time for Canada visit visas from Pakistan—it's down from 57 days to 54 days. However, despite the reduction, decisions are still taking longer than expected.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Just checked the processing time for Canada visit visas from Pakistan—it's down from 57 days to 54 days. However, despite the reduction, decisions are still taking longer than expected.
have faith. its always for the better. Always!
And reduction of time means - its great! Whatever backlog is there, its getting smaller by the day. So wherever your and my application is in the que, its inching closer to the officer's desk....or climbing up in their inbox....

Use this time in some productive way that will benefit you during your stay here.

Last edited:

slashofweb

Nov 29, 2023
Hi All,

just wanted to share my timelines.

TRV REFUSAL
Outland - INDIA

Application submitted on : Dec 24th 2022
Biometrics completed: Jan 09,2023
Background check completed: Jan 09,2023
Eligibility Completed: Jan 14th, 2023
Application Refused: Jan 14th, 2023

TRV APPROVAL - after spouse AOR & sponsor approval
Outland - INDIA

Application Submitted on : Oct 22 ,2023
Raised a webform : Nov 24th 2023 (No Response)
Eligibility Completed : Nov 29th, 2023
BVL : Dec 4,2023
Application status tracker update : VISA number Dec 5,2023
PPR: Dec 5,2023

***ASSUMPTION*****
  • The only conclusion I could make based on my case was - if it shows eligibility completed - and if visa is not rejected in couple of days - mostly that's a good sign(In My refusal case- eligibility and refusal was on the same day). After this only background check is remaining- which is mostly criminal offence or fraud.
  • The application was delayed as I had refusal before / and Our wedding was less than 2 years.
  • If you receive BVL - mostly decision has been made
  • If you receive Visa number - means it's approved. It's clearly mentioned in the Application status tracker. (Once we approve you for temporary residence in Canada, you’ll get a Visitor Visa. Your document details will be listed below.)
This are all assumptions from my own experience. All the best everyone !!

Sadia Mehoob

Oct 29, 2023
Hi All,

just wanted to share my timelines.

TRV REFUSAL
Outland - INDIA

Application submitted on : Dec 24th 2022
Biometrics completed: Jan 09,2023
Background check completed: Jan 09,2023
Eligibility Completed: Jan 14th, 2023
Application Refused: Jan 14th, 2023

TRV APPROVAL - after spouse AOR & sponsor approval
Outland - INDIA

Application Submitted on : Oct 22 ,2023
Raised a webform : Nov 24th 2023 (No Response)
Eligibility Completed : Nov 29th, 2023
BVL : Dec 4,2023
Application status tracker update : VISA number Dec 5,2023
PPR: Dec 5,2023

***ASSUMPTION*****
  • The only conclusion I could make based on my case was - if it shows eligibility completed - and if visa is not rejected in couple of days - mostly that's a good sign(In My refusal case- eligibility and refusal was on the same day). After this only background check is remaining- which is mostly criminal offence or fraud.
  • The application was delayed as I had refusal before / and Our wedding was less than 2 years.
  • If you receive BVL - mostly decision has been made
  • If you receive Visa number - means it's approved. It's clearly mentioned in the Application status tracker. (Once we approve you for temporary residence in Canada, you’ll get a Visitor Visa. Your document details will be listed below.)
This are all assumptions from my own experience. All the best everyone !!
Congratulations. Hoping to get positive response for my application too.

Reactions: slashofweb