Application Submitted: 18th October 2023
Biometrics Completed: 20th October 2023

Nationality: China

IRCC tracker
Eligibility: Completed
Biometrics: Completed
Medical: don't need.
Background: In Progress

Does "Eligibility: Completed" mean that my travel purpose is reviewed and approved? What is the risk of being refused?

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Hi All,

just wanted to share my timelines.

TRV REFUSAL
Outland - INDIA

Application submitted on : Dec 24th 2022
Biometrics completed: Jan 09,2023
Background check completed: Jan 09,2023
Eligibility Completed: Jan 14th, 2023
Application Refused: Jan 14th, 2023

TRV APPROVAL - after spouse AOR & sponsor approval
Outland - INDIA

Application Submitted on : Oct 22 ,2023
Raised a webform : Nov 24th 2023 (No Response)
Eligibility Completed : Nov 29th, 2023
BVL : Dec 4,2023
Application status tracker update : VISA number Dec 5,2023
PPR: Dec 5,2023

***ASSUMPTION*****
  • The only conclusion I could make based on my case was - if it shows eligibility completed - and if visa is not rejected in couple of days - mostly that's a good sign(In My refusal case- eligibility and refusal was on the same day). After this only background check is remaining- which is mostly criminal offence or fraud.
  • The application was delayed as I had refusal before / and Our wedding was less than 2 years.
  • If you receive BVL - mostly decision has been made
  • If you receive Visa number - means it's approved. It's clearly mentioned in the Application status tracker. (Once we approve you for temporary residence in Canada, you’ll get a Visitor Visa. Your document details will be listed below.)
This are all assumptions from my own experience. All the best everyone !!
One Question - does eligibility completion and refusal letter come at the same time ?

I have submitted TRV for spouse 70 days back without AOR ,after that called MP 2 days back and today eligibility completed ,status on portal changed to we are reviewing eligibility .

I am yet to receive AOR ,I summitted spousal PR on September 26 .Completed 72 days today.

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
One Question - does eligibility completion and refusal letter come at the same time ?

I have submitted TRV for spouse 70 days back without AOR ,after that called MP 2 days back and today eligibility completed ,status on portal changed to we are reviewing eligibility .

I am yet to receive AOR ,I summitted spousal PR on September 26 .Completed 72 days today.
Your response is a solid proof for all the nay sayers on this forum, who actively discourage contacting MPs or other sources to find out why an application is stuck. I'd always push for proactive approach. Thank you for you sharing this. Will give encouragement to many on this forum.

I dont think the refusal letter comes at the same time as when Eligibility status is updated, but very shortly afterwards, from 2-3 days to within a week.

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Your response is a solid proof for all the nay sayers on this forum, who actively discourage contacting MPs or other sources to find out why an application is stuck. I'd always push for proactive approach. Thank you for you sharing this. Will give encouragement to many on this forum.

I dont think the refusal letter comes at the same time as when Eligibility status is updated, but very shortly afterwards, from 2-3 days to within a week.
Yes, I mailed him on Dec 5 that it's been 67 days and I haven't received any update. His assistant called back the same day afternoon that as per the agent you submitted TRV 3 days after the sponsorship app, and for spouse, TRV AOR is required for which they put your file in a queue until AOR comes.

Then she said that she had requested to put a note on both PR and TRV files for an update and mentioned I should get an update before December 15."We can't request an update, but can expedite it as each application is different ".Lastly, she said, If not received, I will get back to them by December 16.

I explained that I had already missed the festive, not want to miss Christmas and New Year.

Last edited:
Reactions: InfoSeeker12

agentorange_

Star Member
Mar 9, 2023
AOR Received.
25-11-2022
Yes, I mailed him on Dec 5 that its been 67 days and I haven't received any update. His assistant called back the same day afternoon that as per agent you have submitted TRV 3days after sponsorship app ,and for spouse TRV AOR is required for which they put your file in a queue until AOR comes .

Then she said that she has requested to put a note on both PR and TRV files for update and mentioned you should get update before December 15."We can request update ,but can expedite as each application is different ".Lastly she said, If not received ,I will get back to them by December 16.

I explained that I have already missed festives ,dont want to miss Christmas and New year.
Could you let me know how you went about it? Just email the MP? What details did you provide about your application for their reference, application no or something?

slashofweb

Nov 29, 2023

For me - I received eligibility & refusal at the same time. However, it definitely would differ based on cases.

My first TRV was refused with reason - No ties back to home country . May be this was tied up with the eligibility criteria that's why decision was made on the same day. But again all assumptions.

I hope you receive good news soon. All the best !!

Reactions: JamesRodriguez

Sadia Mehoob

Oct 29, 2023
Oh sad.. no haven't received any update yet, but hoping to receive soon as now it turn of October applicants. Yes refusal rate is too high but still praying and hoping for good.
Your Friend's brother applied with invitation letter and what was the biometrics date?

Dan321

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Oh sad.. no haven't received any update yet, but hoping to receive soon as now it turn of October applicants. Yes refusal rate is too high but still praying and hoping for good.
Your Friend's brother applied with invitation letter and what was the biometrics date?
Yes he did attached his invitation and bank statement but seems like they don’t care. His brother has government teaching job.
completed his biometric 11 October.
I applied for my brother on October 16
Eligibility started on 26 October
No update since that.
Hopefully positive

Sadia Mehoob

Oct 29, 2023
Yes he did attached his invitation and bank statement but seems like they don’t care. His brother has government teaching job.
completed his biometric 11 October.
I applied for my brother on October 16
Eligibility started on 26 October
No update since that.
Hopefully positive
Really strange don’t know on what criteria they are accepting and rejecting. What reason they mentioned of refusal? My biometrics was on 13 October.

Dan321

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Really strange don’t know on what criteria they are accepting and rejecting. What reason they mentioned of refusal? My biometrics was on 13 October.
• You have significant family ties in Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.
• Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in
your country of residence.
He has brother and his family to visit.
Back home he has wife and kids, parents and other siblings, relatives
I just don’t get it about criteria

Sadia Mehoob

Oct 29, 2023
• You have significant family ties in Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.
• Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in
your country of residence.
He has brother and his family to visit.
Back home he has wife and kids, parents and other siblings, relatives
I just don’t get it about criteria
seriously, no one can understand their criteria as so many strong cases they are refusing.. any travel history of your brother or friend's brother?

Dan321

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
seriously, no one can understand their criteria as so many strong cases they are refusing.. any travel history of your brother or friend's brother?
My friend brother didn’t have travel history but I know cases around who applied on fresh passports and got visa.
My brother have travel history of Turkey,Japan, Malaysia,UAE and KSA