+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV - Eligibility and Background Verification

yemyem12345

Nov 28, 2023
Same here, I applied through the Gc key, eligibility completed on tracker but being reviewed on gckey, I already got my bvl on 30th August 2023
Final decision: 30th August 2023. Your application is in progress
We’ll let you know when a final decision has been made
No numbers on tracker, I don’t really know what this means. Anybody having an idea?
I have same issues as well

yemyem12345

Nov 28, 2023
Hi dears, i have applied for temporary resident visa on 7december2022 and got biometric on 9dec. Now when i check tracker it shows- eligibility Completed, background verification in progress but at the top the Overall status is closed. What does it mean to me? Final decision has been made? Or it’s depend on the background verification?
What’s the update you got

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
We applied for a Visitor visa online on 29th September from India. Biometrics were done for previously refused applications.

GC shows eligibility and background in progress
The tracker shows page was updated on 13th October and eligibility shows Completed in Green color,

Is this a good or bad sign? :(
Our visa got approved on Nov 26th and we sent the passport to Delhi for stamping.

slashofweb

Nov 29, 2023
Hi All, After Spousal AOR & Sponsor Approval
TRV Submitted on Oct 22, 2023
Checked today Eligibility completed . Nov 29th .
No other updates on IRCC Portal or Tracker.
Overall Status Inprogress
background Verification - Inprogress.

It's been almost 38days . Normal processing time is 28 days. AND TRV submitted to travel for DEC 3,2023.
Submitted a web form a week ago no updates

Any idea ?

Rapper123

Oct 6, 2020
I applied visitor visa for my parents using online portal(from India) on 18 August. Biometric done at the end of august , eligibility completed on 2 October, Background is in progress since then. No update after that. Anyone else on same boat?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi All, After Spousal AOR & Sponsor Approval
TRV Submitted on Oct 22, 2023
Checked today Eligibility completed . Nov 29th .
No other updates on IRCC Portal or Tracker.
Overall Status Inprogress
background Verification - Inprogress.

It's been almost 38days . Normal processing time is 28 days. AND TRV submitted to travel for DEC 3,2023.
Submitted a web form a week ago no updates

Any idea ?
So you got TRV - eligibility completed on Nov29th, but BGV is still in-progress? What about Medical?
Any emails from CIC?

slashofweb

Nov 29, 2023
So you got TRV - eligibility completed on Nov29th, but BGV is still in-progress? What about Medical?
Any emails from CIC?
Yes Eligibility completed on 29th - No updates after that. BGV in progress. Medical Completed via spousal Application. No Emails from CIC.
I raised a webform as well a week ago for TRV. no updates on webform.

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

Sadia Mehoob

Oct 29, 2023
Hi everyone!

I applied for TRV via new IRCC Portal and following is timeline, any idea what to expect next??
Applicant: Pakistan
Application submitted: 25 Sep, 2023
Biometrics done and updated: 13 October, 2023
Eligibility review started on : 26 October, 2023
Ghost Update : 30 October, 2023

After that until now there is no and update received.
Please let me know what is the reason of delay,
Applied on fresh passport, no travel history.

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.
Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • October 13, 2023 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone!

I applied for TRV via new IRCC Portal and following is timeline, any idea what to expect next??

When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.
Review of eligibility
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Eligibility and background check in progress. No one can tell you how long that will take.

Nov 6, 2023
I applied visitor visa for my parents using online portal(from India) on 18 August. Biometric done at the end of august , eligibility completed on 2 October, Background is in progress since then. No update after that. Anyone else on same boat?
Yeah I am in same boat. Eligibility completed (without Visa document details) and others still in progress. Where do you apply from?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi everyone!

Review of eligibility
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
Final decision
Salams Saida. Firstly please note, this is a forum where all of us are either Current, or Past Canadian Visa applicants. We can only share our experience or accumulated knowledge from this forum with you. So none of us can tell you with any accuracy about what specifically is going on with your case.

Generally speaking - TRVs for Spousal PRs, were promised initially to be completed within 60 days. This may have been true in the very beginning, around May/early June 2023, but after that there was a pause. So much pause, that I was about to start a campaign through this site to encourage everyone to send MASS REFUND REQUEST...But finally, i can see things have started to move. Forget 60 days, applicants from May and June are still waiting to hear about their TRVs - and also their Spousal PRs.

From the recently completed TRV, it seems you might see an update in your tracker, where Eligibility will be changed to "complete". Then within 15 days, you will get the email for Passport Request - they will give you detailed instructions how and where to send your Passport. After a week or so, you will again get an email that your Passport is on its way back. And at the same time, your TRV tracker will be updated to Medical - complete ; Background - complete. But the main question is when will Eligibility be turned to complete? I wish i could tell you that.

Hopefully, you'll hear from CIC soon. I wish i could give you an estimated timeline. Have a little patience. Dont make any plans, dont buy tickets or anything that sort. Wait for the email or updates in your tracker.

Dan321

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Hi everyone!

Review of eligibility
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
Final decision
Sadia, What’s your status on Tracker?
Is eligibility shows as “ Completed “

Sadia Mehoob

Oct 29, 2023
Salams Saida. Firstly please note, this is a forum where all of us are either Current, or Past Canadian Visa applicants. We can only share our experience or accumulated knowledge from this forum with you. So none of us can tell you with any accuracy about what specifically is going on with your case.

Generally speaking - TRVs for Spousal PRs, were promised initially to be completed within 60 days. This may have been true in the very beginning, around May/early June 2023, but after that there was a pause. So much pause, that I was about to start a campaign through this site to encourage everyone to send MASS REFUND REQUEST...But finally, i can see things have started to move. Forget 60 days, applicants from May and June are still waiting to hear about their TRVs - and also their Spousal PRs.

From the recently completed TRV, it seems you might see an update in your tracker, where Eligibility will be changed to "complete". Then within 15 days, you will get the email for Passport Request - they will give you detailed instructions how and where to send your Passport. After a week or so, you will again get an email that your Passport is on its way back. And at the same time, your TRV tracker will be updated to Medical - complete ; Background - complete. But the main question is when will Eligibility be turned to complete? I wish i could tell you that.

Hopefully, you'll hear from CIC soon. I wish i could give you an estimated timeline. Have a little patience. Dont make any plans, dont buy tickets or anything that sort. Wait for the email or updates in your tracker.
Hi, just wanted to say a big thank you for taking the time to give me such a detailed answer. I really appreciate it! By the way, I've been hearing about more delays lately, especially for Pakistani applicants. It would be great to get an idea of the timeline. Thanks again for your help