+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV - Eligibility and Background Verification

chris_k1988

Jun 13, 2023
I have a question.

My wife applied for a TRV on June 3rd, 2023 and she completed her biometrics on June 6th, 2023.

I checked the Application Tracker today and it says Eligibility is completed and Background Verification is in progress. If it was rejected, would the Background Verification change to "in progress"?

Reactions: Rhny

dxtni

Star Member
Apr 11, 2023
You eligible doesn't decide your final decision. All 3 of the requirements decides it.
If you have a criminal record then it's questionable but if you don't then congrats your application would most probably be approved. If your application is rejected due to your eligibility then it should already been so

rockers2012

May 8, 2012
I have a question.

My wife applied for a TRV on June 3rd, 2023 and she completed her biometrics on June 6th, 2023.

I checked the Application Tracker today and it says Eligibility is completed and Background Verification is in progress. If it was rejected, would the Background Verification change to "in progress"?
Youe check Ircc portal tracker i think they update visa number. do you recive bvl?

chris_k1988

Jun 13, 2023
Youe check Ircc portal tracker i think they update visa number. do you recive bvl?
My MPs office got me an update today. Apparently eligibility is approved and background check is cleared. Tracker says background is still in progress, apparently.

They told me that they are just awaiting final approval from an IRCC officer.

devanshumevada

Star Member
Apr 18, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Hi I'm in a similar situation. Applied on June 1 and the last update was on June 9 when I got the BVL. No update after that.

On Tracker it says - Eligibility completed, Background check in progress.

The Tracker is displaying visa number and the expiry date.

Is it a good news ?

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
Hi I'm in a similar situation. Applied on June 1 and the last update was on June 9 when I got the BVL. No update after that.

On Tracker it says - Eligibility completed, Background check in progress.

The Tracker is displaying visa number and the expiry date.

Is it a good news ?
yes good news

Mehdifrom

Jul 15, 2023
Hi dears, i have applied for temporary resident visa on 7december2022 and got biometric on 9dec. Now when i check tracker it shows- eligibility Completed, background verification in progress but at the top the Overall status is closed. What does it mean to me? Final decision has been made? Or it’s depend on the background verification?

trymebeyonce2020

Feb 21, 2023
Hi dears, i have applied for temporary resident visa on 7december2022 and got biometric on 9dec. Now when i check tracker it shows- eligibility Completed, background verification in progress but at the top the Overall status is closed. What does it mean to me? Final decision has been made? Or it’s depend on the background verification?
What do you mean by overall status change to close?

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
It means they have made a decision and it will be updated by the end of the day.

Mehdifrom

Jul 15, 2023
What do you mean by overall status change to close?
When you track your IRCC application with a new tracker, you will see the overall status at the top of the screen.
They say when overall status is closed it means that you have been approved or refused and a final decision has been made.

trymebeyonce2020

Feb 21, 2023
When you track your IRCC application with a new tracker, you will see the overall status at the top of the screen.
They say when overall status is closed it means that you have been approved or refused and a final decision has been made.
What I can see is as follow
Applicant full name… xXX XXx Xxx
Applicant status.. VXXXX
Application’s contact details… which is address
Summary of documents status.. Visa EXX and expiration Date
So I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Mehdifrom

Jul 15, 2023
What I can see is as follow
Applicant full name… xXX XXx Xxx
Applicant status.. VXXXX
Application’s contact details… which is address
Summary of documents status.. Visa EXX and expiration Date
So I have no idea what you’re talking about.
Once you sign in , on the first page you will see this:
Here's a quick overview of your *** Visa (**** visa) application.
Right? At the bottom of this sentence you probably could easily find
Application status :
Application details

Application type:
Application number:

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023

Once you sign in , on the first page you will see this:
Here's a quick overview of your *** Visa (**** visa) application.
Right? At the bottom of this sentence you probably could easily find
Application status :
Application details

Application type:
Application number:
i think final decision has been made in your case. Was it showing "in progress" previously? This part of my application is still showing "in progress". Application status: In progress