+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Applied in September 2017 from Pakistan (timeline)

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
Aoa...need advice from valuable members pls...I submitted Canada visit visa application along with my wife and son on March 7,2018 at VAC Islamabad. On March 30, Canadian Embassy Abu Dhabi asked me for more elaborate employment details via email that I replied.... Then in mid May, I inquired abt my application status through IRCC web form and got reply that my background checks are in process....on June 6, I again inquired abt the application status n this time got reply that my application is in queue for review by an officer and will get a message when the decision is made.......any idea how much more time will they need to finalize the decision? Regards
If they said that it is in the queue for final review it means background checks are done and soon you will receive a decision maybe one to two weeks depending on how long th I queue is. Good luck!!

Reactions: Zigzag85

Zigzag85

Oct 20, 2017
Lots of deep breathing will help to calm the excited nerves LOL

Gosh if only the visa officers know how much an applicant goes through: Repeatedly freaking out scenes :D
Bryannaaa whatever it may be , refusal or ppr ... I’m coming back next year to apply for a study permit ( hopefully)

You better be here LOL

Kmasad

Jun 14, 2018
Rawalpindi
Category........
@Bryanna ur valuable opinion is required in my case too....I am a government servant any my leave us approved from July 16 for 3 weeks. I have got NOC too....I have to travel within this time frame....I m to wait for the visa application decision till June end but if there is no update, I m thinking of requesting my passports back n plan to visit some other country whose visa process is simple...what do u think..will the decision on my Canadian visa application b made by end June/ early July?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna ur valuable opinion is required in my case too....I am a government servant any my leave us approved from July 16 for 3 weeks. I have got NOC too....I have to travel within this time frame....I m to wait for the visa application decision till June end but if there is no update, I m thinking of requesting my passports back n plan to visit some other country whose visa process is simple...what do u think..will the decision on my Canadian visa application b made by end June/ early July?
As your application is waiting to be assigned to a visa officer, you can expect a decision in a week or so. You might want to wait for this decision.

If you want don't want to wait for the decision then send a web form to request your passport to be returned. You must also specifically state that you are NOT cancelling your TRV application and you will re-submit your passport when the Abu Dhabi visa office requests it

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
It would depend on the assessment made by the visa officer based on a number of factors
but mostly they do issue until passport expiry if they approve and check your BG fully Good luck either 6 months or a year ....

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
guys, I am traveling to Canada finally on sunday :) Just wondering if medical insurance is really necessary/ will they ask to see this at the border? I am only visiting for 9 days and do not have any health problems/ I am young.