+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Applied in September 2017 from Pakistan (timeline)

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
Hello all.

Just an update into my entry to Canada. It was a very rough time for me.

I got ill on the flight to Canada. When I arrived, I might have made an error on my landing card, I am not sure, but I was stopped for immigration, as were MANY of the people on my flight. The officer asked me why my eyes could not open and I explained that I was exhausted and was so sick for the majority of my flights.

Nonetheless, I was questioned and held for 3-4 hours. First I was asked why I brought so much money with me. I had about 2000 cash which I thought was normal for a 10 day trip / if needed for an emergency. But it was not normal for them.

They went through my phone ( pictures, whats app, email)
They asked me if I put something in my stomach ( I.e drugs etc)
They asked me everything about my business, what I was coming to do in Canada, who I knew there etc etc
They said to me that I had been refused a visa before so why I applied again and why I cared so much to apply

Anyways, 3 hours in immigration and plenty of investigations later, I was sent to customs where they opened my whole suitcase and checked every single item and questioned every single one of my clothing/ items.

Another hour later I was let go and given entry to Canada for my visa validity.

I am sharing this because I want everyone to know to be prepared for ANYTHING. Even genuine people are being investigated like crazy. To the senior members on here who advised they wouldn't care that I had been refused before, or the fact that I was given a single entry 6 month visa issued by the embassy wont be a factor at the boarder, well that's not the case anymore.

I would like to thank everyone who helped guided and supported me through the 6 month long wait of security checks, and then finally getting my visa. Just open your eyes and know that getting your visa, is NOT the end of it, no matter how long you waited to get your visa.

BE PREPARED for the worst.

I am back in India now and had a great time after I got better from being sick. I would however say that I will never again apply for CAN visa lol funnily enough, I told the CBSA officer if I knew that after waiting 6 months for security to just get a visa, that I would have been put through torture at immigration while still stick, I would never have come to Canada. What an unforgettable experience.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello all.

Just an update into my entry to Canada. It was a very rough time for me.

I got ill on the flight to Canada. When I arrived, I might have made an error on my landing card, I am not sure, but I was stopped for immigration, as were MANY of the people on my flight. The officer asked me why my eyes could not open and I explained that I was exhausted and was so sick for the majority of my flights.

Nonetheless, I was questioned and held for 3-4 hours. First I was asked why I brought so much money with me. I had about 2000 cash which I thought was normal for a 10 day trip / if needed for an emergency. But it was not normal for them.

They went through my phone ( pictures, whats app, email)
They asked me if I put something in my stomach ( I.e drugs etc)
They asked me everything about my business, what I was coming to do in Canada, who I knew there etc etc
They said to me that I had been refused a visa before so why I applied again and why I cared so much to apply

Anyways, 3 hours in immigration and plenty of investigations later, I was sent to customs where they opened my whole suitcase and checked every single item and questioned every single one of my clothing/ items.

Another hour later I was let go and given entry to Canada for my visa validity.

I am sharing this because I want everyone to know to be prepared for ANYTHING. Even genuine people are being investigated like crazy. To the senior members on here who advised they wouldn't care that I had been refused before, or the fact that I was given a single entry 6 month visa issued by the embassy wont be a factor at the boarder, well that's not the case anymore.

I would like to thank everyone who helped guided and supported me through the 6 month long wait of security checks, and then finally getting my visa. Just open your eyes and know that getting your visa, is NOT the end of it, no matter how long you waited to get your visa.

BE PREPARED for the worst.

I am back in India now and had a great time after I got better from being sick. I would however say that I will never again apply for CAN visa lol funnily enough, I told the CBSA officer if I knew that after waiting 6 months for security to just get a visa, that I would have been put through torture at immigration while still stick, I would never have come to Canada. What an unforgettable experience.
So so sorry to hear about your experience. And, sorry to know you were terribly sick.

Seems like it was a bad day at immigration when you arrived. IMO, it was probably because you were very sick. That probably triggered off the investigations and you got pulled into secondary. Just maybe they suspected that you were visiting a boyfriend (or worse, carrying something illegal) which would explain why they searched thoroughly.

It's not like this otherwise. It's most unfortunate you went through this. Hope time and future travels (to Canada included) will help you to forget these bad memories

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
So so sorry to hear about your experience. And, sorry to know you were terribly sick.

Seems like it was a bad day at immigration when you arrived. IMO, it was probably because you were very sick. That probably triggered off the investigations and you got pulled into secondary. Just maybe they suspected that you were visiting a boyfriend (or worse, carrying something illegal) which would explain why they searched thoroughly.

It's not like this otherwise. It's most unfortunate you went through this. Hope time and future travels (to Canada included) will help you to forget these bad memories

A few of my friends who had traveled to Canada from India warned me about them checking my phone and questioning my past refusal there were a lot of people ( men, women children) in immigration with me. Apparently Toronto airport has been like this lately, so maybe people traveling should avoid Toronto airport.

I think me being sick just made them want to question me more and gave them the opportunity to do so. In the end the officer said that they have to do this as it's their job. A little too personal though I thought.

Good luck to everyone traveling!! thanks Byranna for all your help.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
A few of my friends who had traveled to Canada from India warned me about them checking my phone and questioning my past refusal there were a lot of people ( men, women children) in immigration with me. Apparently Toronto airport has been like this lately, so maybe people traveling should avoid Toronto airport.

I think me being sick just made them want to question me more and gave them the opportunity to do so. In the end the officer said that they have to do this as it's their job. A little too personal though I thought.

Good luck to everyone traveling!! thanks Byranna for all your help.
I have seen this kind of scrutiny at some other airports. But, to me, it seemed that those people who were being questioned were unable to communicate properly or else it seemed like they were visiting boyfriends (and would probably overstay) or else to work as visitors. In your case, these were not the reasons for your visit. I can only think it was because you were very sick. Truly most unfortunate

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
Yes true, its simply a hand written application. But I want to know in how many days we can get the passports back once application is submitted
it took 2 to 4 days Good Luck but VFS gave you time like 10 days but it arrives early

Mushtaq09

Jun 1, 2019
The biometrics updated the very next day. I mean I had the biometrics on 11th Septmeber and on 12th September the status is changed to completed. You applied for the super visa ?
Hi Haseeb!! How much time they took after biometrics to get correspondence letter and passport invitation? I have given my biometrics on May 17 and it was updated on the same day. What should i expect next? My cousins wedding is in a week and i am loosing hope that i won’t be able to attend.

Thanks