+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traffic history from Queensland?

May 30, 2020
Hello can someone please help me with the visa application..

I have been asked to provide a full driver history report from Victoria, Melbourne. As i am a uk citizen i do not have a AUS driving licence. Therefor i emailed Vic roads and requested a driver history report and they sent a brief email stating that i do not hold an Victorian licence & i also do not have any offences and convictions under my name and details..

I then tried to submit this email to my Canadian visa but i couldn't upload it as i needed a document number & expiry date which was NOT given to me by VicRoads.

Am i missing something? Do i really need a document number or can i send this document with a random number? I have given the Canadian visa proof from VicRoads that my history is clean but is that good enough?

Please HELP!

Thank you, Liam

Hi,

Did you email VicRoads back asking for a document number and expiry date? Or how did you resolve this issue? I have just emailed VicRoads asking for a letter to say I never owned a license but I dont want to run into the same problem!

Thanks,

Helena

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
I lived in Queensland,Australia for my Master study for 2 years.. but I never had a Australian Driving License or I didn't own/drive any vehicles in Australia. I have only Police certificate from Australia.. what should I send? Should I send Police Certificate from Australia and attach with a letter explaining why I am unable to provide a traffic history ?? How to prove that I didn't have Australia driving licence or never rent/own a car in Australia??

"Police Certificate: From Australia - please note: If you live or have lived in Queensland, you must submit a traffic history with your police certificate that goes back to your 18th birthday or the day on which your first Australian driver’s licence was issued."

Queenslander88

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
I lived in Queensland,Australia for my Master study for 2 years.. but I never had a Australian Driving License or I didn't own/drive any vehicles in Australia. I have only Police certificate from Australia.. what should I send? Should I send Police Certificate from Australia and attach with a letter explaining why I am unable to provide a traffic history ?? How to prove that I didn't have Australia driving licence or never rent/own a car in Australia??

"Police Certificate: From Australia - please note: If you live or have lived in Queensland, you must submit a traffic history with your police certificate that goes back to your 18th birthday or the day on which your first Australian driver’s licence was issued."
Call QLD transport, you need something like release in information, saying you never had any licence from QLD authority!
+61 7 3328 4811 | For callers from outside of Australia. but make you do that, DO NOT submit NPC only!

Avleen sahota

Mar 6, 2020
Call QLD transport, you need something like release in information, saying you never had any licence from QLD authority!
+61 7 3328 4811 | For callers from outside of Australia. but make you do that, DO NOT submit NPC only!
I m moved to Canada from Australia. I was in Victoria Melbourne Australia. I was asked for same thing. As I didn’t drive during my stay
So what you have to do; just send an email or visit any license/ road service centre. ( in Victoria it is called vicroads) provide them your date of birth, passport number And current address Or address Where you stayed for most of the time.
Then they will provide you a letter with your name , dob, address. Saying clearly that you didn’t drive and didn’t have any license under your name.
Their records will show there is not any traffic history record... bla bla
That letter you have to provide along with your police clearance.

Avleen sahota

Mar 6, 2020
@Queenslander88 and @Avleen sahota Thanks a lot for this info.. I reached out by call first , and then email the department of road in Qld.. I believe they are now processing my request for traffic history..hope this will come shortly..
No worries.
I m always feel pleasure to help at best knowledge and experiences. Fortunately, At least it is good we are here to help each other to make clear some doubts.
Yes, you will get it soon hopefully; for me It took 4 business to get that from vicroads

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
I find list for evidence of identity little confusing..qld transport emailed me back to have my documents certified.. I will go to Australia consulate in Singapore tomorrow to have them certified. I hope this works.

and I will use foreign passport, my employment visa in singapore with photo on it, and Australian police certificate as evidence of identity.do you think this will be enough?
reply is much appreciated..

Ali08

Apr 8, 2020
I never lived in QLD do i still need a letter mentioning i never held any licence from QLD? I lived in Vic and currently in NSW.

Queenslander88

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
I never lived in QLD do i still need a letter mentioning i never held any licence from QLD? I lived in Vic and currently in NSW.
Only Victoria!

IMPORTANT AND MANDATORY:please note that all applicants who resided or still reside in: Queensland, Victoria or Western Australia, must also submit a Traffic History printout, which may be obtained by contacting the local State Transport/Traffic branch. Residents of Victoria must submit a Licence History Search which goes back to their 18th birthday or the day on which their first Victoria driver's licence was issued.

Sumeet21

Dec 17, 2020
Hi all,

I just got my Traffic history report from Queensland. It was easy for me as I didn't have the driving history. But I will try to summarize my process for others:

There are two ways to get it as far as I have come to know:
  1. Via Email
  2. In person
    • Visit DTMR office customer service department
    • Take ID such as passport and two Bank cards (Overseas Bank card are accepted till now)
    • If you own QLD license then only passport is required
    • They will print out for you and hand it over to you over the counter itself
Note: For people possessing QLD license, their is fees involve and also can be done online via DTMR website. However for without the license it was free till date i.e. 18/12/2020

I hope this will help and I believe the process will remain same for other states as well except email address and customer number will change.

Thanks

sharan86

Dec 29, 2020
Hi everyone
Thank you for all information, as I need your help please I am submitting my PR application as a caregiver in Canada as I am already here from Australia. I am just wondering that I need Australian police clearance with traffic history as I haven't held an Australian driving licence during my stay?is it possible I can apply for a letter that states that not held a licence in Queensland? please guide me on how can apply for that letter? Above read is it I need to apply for SPER clearance letter how I can do that online?
Another question as my husband held an Australian HR licence and three years ago he got an overspeeding fine is this affect our application? just need some advice, please?
Thank you

sharan86

Dec 29, 2020
Hi all,

I just got my Traffic history report from Queensland. It was easy for me as I didn't have the driving history. But I will try to summarize my process for others:

There are two ways to get it as far as I have come to know:
  1. Via Email
  2. In person
    • Visit DTMR office customer service department
    • Take ID such as passport and two Bank cards (Overseas Bank card are accepted till now)
    • If you own QLD license then only passport is required
    • They will print out for you and hand it over to you over the counter itself
Note: For people possessing QLD license, their is fees involve and also can be done online via DTMR website. However for without the license it was free till date i.e. 18/12/2020

I hope this will help and I believe the process will remain same for other states as well except email address and customer number will change.

Thanks
can you tell me how i can submit EOI documents as i have only foreign passport and my australian bank card? jsut stuck with form and documnents?
thank you

sharan86

Dec 29, 2020
I m moved to Canada from Australia. I was in Victoria Melbourne Australia. I was asked for same thing. As I didn’t drive during my stay
So what you have to do; just send an email or visit any license/ road service centre. ( in Victoria it is called vicroads) provide them your date of birth, passport number And current address Or address Where you stayed for most of the time.
Then they will provide you a letter with your name , dob, address. Saying clearly that you didn’t drive and didn’t have any license under your name.
Their records will show there is not any traffic history record... bla bla
That letter you have to provide along with your police clearance.
can you please provide an email address to request a letter? as i was in queensland.

r1t

Nov 14, 2020
Dear all, I have submitted my file with Traffic History report from QLD. However, recently I saw that there is another letter that some people have submitted who do not hold any license there, so I have the same case and I have not submitted that letter. Can someone guide me if what I have submitted is enough (the traffic history report) Or shall I submit (VIA WEBFORM) the similar letter (stating no license held) as well? I am still in AOR stage (AOR 6-Jan). Please advise. Thank you

Prath91

Dec 9, 2019
Hi all ,
I never held an Australian drivers license and i never drove in australia using my indian license.
i asked the TMR queensland to give me a traffic history but they haven sent me a license history instead stating they have no records under my name.
Is it because i never held a drivers license in australia or do i need to ask them specifically for traffic history instead of license history.
kindly help. Thanks