+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traffic history from Queensland?

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
I am trying to get traffic history from Queensland transport without any success. I never held Australian driving license as it was't required for people on non-immigrant visa and I could drive on my Indian DL.. Is there anyone who has successfully got traffic history from Queensland transport and/or a letter stating you do not hold Australian DL. Please help with your experience?

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
To
https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/licensing/history/traffic

Just follow exactly what they tell you to do... If you want a letter stating you never held QLD license.. just include your application a covering letter stating the period you were in the state and that you require them to state you never held a QLD DL as it is an Canadian immigration requirement.

To continue the form, it asks for Australian IDs to login which I do not have.

Nish_j

Sep 9, 2017
Mate, you need to read it what it says... The below is all you have to do and include a covering letter

By mail
You can lodge a request for your own information by mail if you are interstate, overseas or in a remote area.

To apply by mail you must:

• complete a release of information application (F2121)
  • organise certified copies of your evidence of identity documents—they must be certified (with the words ‘I have sighted the original document and certify this to be a true copy of the original’) in English by a
    • Justice of the Peace
    • Commissioner for Declarations
    • doctor
    • police officer
    • solicitor, barrister or judge
    • consular or ambassadorial office
    • notary public
  • include a cheque or money order, for the required fee, payable to the ‘Department of Transport and Main Roads’
  • mail your completed form, certified copies of your evidence of identity documents, and cheque or money order (do not send cash) to:
    Department of Transport and Main Roads
    Customer Service Support
    GPO Box 2451
    BRISBANE QLD 4001
If your application is approved, your report will be sent to you in the mail.

JessRoots

Nov 1, 2017
I have the same problem, I read everything they say but I am not able to complete the F2121 form as I am not able to provide three EOI documents. The list of the EOI accepted is in the form F4362 but I only have my foreign passport and my national identity card.
Niswe did you have any luck?

vmehta007

Feb 25, 2018
I am trying to get traffic history from Queensland transport without any success. I never held Australian driving license as it was't required for people on non-immigrant visa and I could drive on my Indian DL.. Is there anyone who has successfully got traffic history from Queensland transport and/or a letter stating you do not hold Australian DL. Please help with your experience?
I went through the process of getting my traffic history report from QLD last year. its a pretty smooth and straightforward process which you can do online or via their customer support officer. if you have problem logging into their website then i would suggest talking to their customer support office and they would help you with that. you can make payment via credit card and the reports can be mailed to you . in your case you will get a letter stating that you never held a QLD driving licence. in my case since i had a QLD driving licence , I had to get a letter from SPER stating that i dont have any fines due along with my traffic history report and a police certificate from the QLD police services stating that i dont have any criminal charges. it took lot of digging around from my end as there was no information available on the internet and this is the reason i decided to write this blog for any future PR applicants who are in a similar position as i was.
if you held a driving licence from any other state in Australia it would have been fine to just get a police clearance certificate and that would include your traffic offences if they are of criminal in nature but for QLD its a typical case as traffic offences including drink driving is not a criminal offence. in canada drink driving is a criminal offence and thats why CIC/ IRCC is mainly concerned about if the PR applicant had ever been caught while driving under the influence of Alcohol. i would strongly suggest to supplement your documents with as much information as you can from various departments as its better to have more information rather than less in which case IRCC/CIC will ask for additional information.
since i held a QLD driving licence i had to accompany my traffic history report with a letter from SPER stating no fines are due and also police certificate from QLD police services along with the Federal govt police certificate to substantiate my case and avoid any doubts which may rise in CIC case officer.
i will summarize what i mentioned above and please keep in mind this is not a comprehensive list of docs as CIC may request additonal docs based on case by case basis.
1. QLD Traffic history report(if you didnt held a QLD driving licence then fill release of information form and you will get a letter stating that this person never held a QLD driving license.
2. Police certificate from QLD police and Australian Federal police
3. letter from SPER if you held a driving licence.

i hope this information will put you in the right direction.

smritiparwani

Dec 4, 2017
I went through the process of getting my traffic history report from QLD last year. its a pretty smooth and straightforward process which you can do online or via their customer support officer. if you have problem logging into their website then i would suggest talking to their customer support office and they would help you with that. you can make payment via credit card and the reports can be mailed to you . in your case you will get a letter stating that you never held a QLD driving licence. in my case since i had a QLD driving licence , I had to get a letter from SPER stating that i dont have any fines due along with my traffic history report and a police certificate from the QLD police services stating that i dont have any criminal charges. it took lot of digging around from my end as there was no information available on the internet and this is the reason i decided to write this blog for any future PR applicants who are in a similar position as i was.
if you held a driving licence from any other state in Australia it would have been fine to just get a police clearance certificate and that would include your traffic offences if they are of criminal in nature but for QLD its a typical case as traffic offences including drink driving is not a criminal offence. in canada drink driving is a criminal offence and thats why CIC/ IRCC is mainly concerned about if the PR applicant had ever been caught while driving under the influence of Alcohol. i would strongly suggest to supplement your documents with as much information as you can from various departments as its better to have more information rather than less in which case IRCC/CIC will ask for additional information.
since i held a QLD driving licence i had to accompany my traffic history report with a letter from SPER stating no fines are due and also police certificate from QLD police services along with the Federal govt police certificate to substantiate my case and avoid any doubts which may rise in CIC case officer.
i will summarize what i mentioned above and please keep in mind this is not a comprehensive list of docs as CIC may request additonal docs based on case by case basis.
1. QLD Traffic history report(if you didnt held a QLD driving licence then fill release of information form and you will get a letter stating that this person never held a QLD driving license.

Hii...Thanks for sharing the information, its really helpful. I have a similar case. My husband was in Australia, Queensland and he had a Driving license (Type L) i.e learners license. However, he never drove there and so no fines. Yesterday, I applied for traffic history report and as you mentioned the process was very straightforward and no complications. I applied online and paid $ 24 and the report was generated right away. The details like name, license duration and Australian address was mentioned on the top. The report said "no recorded traffic history for the above period". I selected date range from 2008 to 2018. Is this report sufficient along with the police clearance or do I need anything else.

Your response would be much appreciated..

vmehta007

Feb 25, 2018
Hii...Thanks for sharing the information, its really helpful. I have a similar case. My husband was in Australia, Queensland and he had a Driving license (Type L) i.e learners license. However, he never drove there and so no fines. Yesterday, I applied for traffic history report and as you mentioned the process was very straightforward and no complications. I applied online and paid $ 24 and the report was generated right away. The details like name, license duration and Australian address was mentioned on the top. The report said "no recorded traffic history for the above period". I selected date range from 2008 to 2018. Is this report sufficient along with the police clearance or do I need anything else.

Your response would be much appreciated..
HI Smriti,
I am glad i was of any help to you. the date range ideally should include the entire duration of stay in Australia till today. this wont raise any doubts in the mind of officer processing your PR case. if you check the IRCC/CIC website for information regarding police clearance from Queensland / Australia it doesnt mention much and just asks for traffic history but CIC will get back to asking for additional documents. Also get a certificate from SPER which is a QLD state judiciary concerned with collecting any dues. This is a very easy process which can be done over the phone and free of charge. this will clearly state that you dont have any dues related to the driving licence. Canadian immigration when asking for traffic history is concerned about whether you have any criminal charges related to your traffic history and whether you have any dues towards the Australian govt. QLD is a typical case where this additional documentation is required apart from the Federal police clearance otherwise if you would have resided in any other state you should have been fine with just the police clearance.

my main purpose of contributing to this blog was to help any future applicants with this information as there wasnt much information available when i had to go through the process.

jayessess

Star Member
May 16, 2017
You can go to your nearby QLD tmr office and they will issue it within minutes.
Include the day you arrive in Australia to present

smritiparwani

Dec 4, 2017
HI Smriti,
I am glad i was of any help to you. the date range ideally should include the entire duration of stay in Australia till today. this wont raise any doubts in the mind of officer processing your PR case. if you check the IRCC/CIC website for information regarding police clearance from Queensland / Australia it doesnt mention much and just asks for traffic history but CIC will get back to asking for additional documents. Also get a certificate from SPER which is a QLD state judiciary concerned with collecting any dues. This is a very easy process which can be done over the phone and free of charge. this will clearly state that you dont have any dues related to the driving licence. Canadian immigration when asking for traffic history is concerned about whether you have any criminal charges related to your traffic history and whether you have any dues towards the Australian govt. QLD is a typical case where this additional documentation is required apart from the Federal police clearance otherwise if you would have resided in any other state you should have been fine with just the police clearance.

my main purpose of contributing to this blog was to help any future applicants with this information as there wasnt much information available when i had to go through the process.
Thanks. I have the traffic history report and police clearance. All I need is certificate from SPER.
Thanks again.

NSG01

Mar 8, 2018

HI Mr Mehta,
If you don't mind can you please share your mail ID so that I can mail you if I have any doubts regarding the traffic history process. Hope it doesn't bother you.
Thanx

NSG01

Mar 8, 2018
HI Smriti,

Dear Mr Mehta

How can I apply for SPER and traffic history online. Presently I am in India and I was there in Australia I'm 2009 with a Queensland driving license

NSG01

Mar 8, 2018
HI Smriti,

Mr Mehta

Can you please guide me how to apply for traffic history and Sper. Moreover can you please share your email address. thanx